Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

San Diego Evo's

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2006, 02:54 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SKILMATIC
We should stop going to qualcomm cause its a horrible track and they regulate how fast you can go. We should start going to barona.
Qualcomm's "track" sucks, but it sucks for everyone else too so its not like we are disadvantaged over everyone else. I don't know what you mean by them regulating speed other than that you can't have a passenger and run faster than an 8.5. I think Qualcomm obviously has its negatives, but Barona is too far to travel for just another crappy 1/8mile track IMO. For those of you that do go, it'd be interesting if your times improve signifigantly vs. your Qualcomm times.
Old Sep 24, 2006, 02:59 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just looked at the Barona website. I thought this would be a 1/4 strip, but it's just another 1/8 mile. That sucks.
Old Sep 24, 2006, 03:07 PM

Thanks! Glad to be an SD Evo owner. Hope to actually meet some of you guys when I get back.

Originally Posted by tien
whatsup ultra721 welcome

roger!! you definately have to give me a ride!! i am cool with meeting at fry's
Old Sep 24, 2006, 03:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by nigletsyz
Qualcomm's "track" sucks, but it sucks for everyone else too so its not like we are disadvantaged over everyone else. I don't know what you mean by them regulating speed other than that you can't have a passenger and run faster than an 8.5. I think Qualcomm obviously has its negatives, but Barona is too far to travel for just another crappy 1/8mile track IMO. For those of you that do go, it'd be interesting if your times improve signifigantly vs. your Qualcomm times.
Well speeds referring to times. However, a drag track shouldnt regulate times or speeds. And yes it will be interesting to see the difference in times.
Old Sep 24, 2006, 03:54 PM
Evolving Member

Well speeds referring to times. However, a drag track shouldnt regulate times or speeds. And yes it will be interesting to see the difference in times.
None of our cars can break the time restriction Qualcomm imposes which is 6.0sec. I do think that their passanger rule is a little lame though. They never use to care what you ran with another person in the car, but I guess now they're cracking down. I got my wristband cut 2 weeks ago for breaking the 8.5sec rule twice with someone else in the car. The first time they cut the passangers wrist band. The second time they cut mine. Oh well, it was going to be my last run anyway.

Last edited by Scoot; Sep 24, 2006 at 05:01 PM.
Old Sep 24, 2006, 03:58 PM
Evolved Member

besides the 1/8 mile is good cause you get to practice on your launch. not to mention its all about chillen w each other and just having a good time. Besides Ithink barona is cheaper to race and watchingis free I think.
Old Sep 24, 2006, 03:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Scoot
None of our cars can break the time restriction Qualcomm imposes which is 6.0sec. I do think that their passanger rule is a little lame though. They never use to care what you ran with another person in the car, but I guess now they're cracking down. I got my wristband cut 2 weeks ago for breaking the 8.5sec rule twice. The first time they cut the passangers wrist band. The second time they cut mine. Oh well, it was going to be my last run anyway.
Yeah it sucks for sure man cause my stock evo would run 8.0-8.2
Old Sep 24, 2006, 04:59 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah it sucks for sure man cause my stock evo would run 8.0-8.2
You must be a damn good driver then. The El Cajon Mitsu Evo IX only has a best of 8.1xx with the mods they have on it and the semi-stripped interior. I'm stuck at 8.1-8.2s right now with what I got. I understand your car is setup for the 1/4mile, but what are you shooting for in the 1/8th since that's all we have around here?
Old Sep 24, 2006, 05:08 PM
Evolved Member

You must be a damn good driver then. The El Cajon Mitsu Evo IX only has a best of 8.1xx with the mods they have on it and the semi-stripped interior. I'm stuck at 8.1-8.2s right now with what I got. I understand your car is setup for the 1/4mile, but what are you shooting for in the 1/8th since that's all we have around here?
Yeah I am pretty good. Lets just say I was able to hit 1.7 60's on the stock 2 step. However, now I dont even launch the car half as hard as I did when it was stock cause I am afraid of blowing a diff or something. When my car had a few bolt ons(ie. 3in tbe, o2, walbro, drop in, and mail in) I was beating the el cajon evo quite consistently. The driver then was joe.

Now I launch the car so carefully that I bog so bad but I was still able to pull a 1.8 60. However, I really dont care about the 1/8 cause I know my car will shine in the 1/4. If I am able to launch the car how I usually do then I can definitely pull 7.5 on the street tune with 91oct and possibly a 7.0 on the race map w/ c16.

I am already trapping at 94-95mph even with the crappy launch and street tune.
Old Sep 24, 2006, 05:13 PM
Evolving Member

I must have something wrong with my top-end power then. I've hit the 1.7s on my stock clutch for the 60ft and go through with decent shifting but still can't do better than high 8.1s. Maybe I'm due for another tune with the recent mods.
Old Sep 24, 2006, 05:48 PM
Evolving Member

what were your trap speeds Scoot? best i was able to get at the Q was an 8.3 at 84mph with approx 285whp
Old Sep 24, 2006, 05:55 PM
Evolved Member

I must have something wrong with my top-end power then. I've hit the 1.7s on my stock clutch for the 60ft and go through with decent shifting but still can't do better than high 8.1s. Maybe I'm due for another tune with the recent mods.
No nothing is wrong with your car. First off you have a 8. Remember I am now fully built basically. However, when I had a few bolt ons I was pulling the 8.0-8.2 and my traps were around 88mph.
Old Sep 24, 2006, 06:10 PM
Evolving Member

what were your trap speeds Scoot? best i was able to get at the Q was an 8.3 at 84mph with approx 285whp
My two best times 8.192 and 8.194 were trapping at 84.11 and 83.64. The 16g stock turbo might be what's holding me back.
Old Sep 24, 2006, 06:23 PM
Evolving Member

nah.. who tuned your car? I previously had a DYNOFLASH and baselined at 280ish WHP the other day AFTER installing cams and IC piping. So before I was prolly only around 275whp or less. Well Alfred at TT got me up to 370whp on 110 fuel, 328 on 91. So from my experience, I'd check the tune if you're not happy. Or possibly boost leaks and/or spark plugs. Remember that the 8s need cams to keep up with the 9s with other same mods (TBE, MBC, reflash). FWIW, you seem to be running the right times at that track for the mods you have though.
Old Sep 24, 2006, 06:41 PM
Evolving Member

nah.. who tuned your car? I previously had a DYNOFLASH and baselined at 280ish WHP the other day AFTER installing cams and IC piping. So before I was prolly only around 275whp or less. Well Alfred at TT got me up to 370whp on 110 fuel, 328 on 91. So from my experience, I'd check the tune if you're not happy. Or possibly boost leaks and/or spark plugs. Remember that the 8s need cams to keep up with the 9s with other same mods (TBE, MBC, reflash). FWIW, you seem to be running the right times at that track for the mods you have though.
I got a road tune from Al at Dynoflash before the 10.5 hotside, manifold, and O2 housing. TT is up in Colton right? I'm considering switching up to a 20g-9 before getting tuned again. Hopefully within the next month before going to Spring Mountain Raceway in Pahrump, NV. at the end of October. I'll have to look in to TT a little bit more, doesn't seem like there are a lot of Evo tuners down in SD.

Quick Reply: San Diego Evo's