Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

San Diego Evo's

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2008, 01:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I went through this not too long ago as well. I wanted something with more luxury and a manumatic like an SMGII E46 M3, but then I saw the light and realized that Evo's and STi's are still the most kick *** cars to own! So I'll be selling my E36 M3 and only keeping the Evo now
Old Dec 17, 2008, 02:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by silex
I went through this not too long ago as well. I wanted something with more luxury and a manumatic like an SMGII E46 M3, but then I saw the light and realized that Evo's and STi's are still the most kick *** cars to own! So I'll be selling my E36 M3 and only keeping the Evo now
We are going to buy a more luxurious car (Acura TL) but not because we want to replace the Evo with something "nicer". We bought a 2000 Integra to be our commuter car and we simply don't like it. Too small. Not enough power. So we want to get a TL to replace the Integra, but don't want another car payment. So, we need to sell the Evo to eliminate a car payment.
Old Dec 18, 2008, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by sevoixnturbos2k
we are going to buy a more luxurious car (acura tl) but not because we want to replace the evo with something "nicer". We bought a 2000 integra to be our commuter car and we simply don't like it. Too small. Not enough power. So we want to get a tl to replace the integra, but don't want another car payment. So, we need to sell the evo to eliminate a car payment.
Old Dec 19, 2008, 07:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The first major problem with running E85. Pearson's E85 pumps were down last night and I mean both. Drive down there last night, with less then half a tank, and I get a "Out of Order" on both pumps. Was told they should be up and running this morning.
Old Dec 19, 2008, 08:19 AM
Evolved Member

Anybody have a stock exhaust setup (downpipe, cat, exhaust) that they'd be willing to trade for an AMS turbo back exhaust?
Old Dec 19, 2008, 08:25 AM
Evolved Member

I do. How loud is that exhaust and do you have any pictures of it.
Old Dec 19, 2008, 08:45 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mdsevo06
I do. How loud is that exhaust and do you have any pictures of it.
It isn't overally loud and you could put a silencer in the exhaust tip. It is by far the best exhaust I've had on a car, and I've probably had over 15 different versions. Of course they sound differently on different cars. The AMS exhaust has a very nice deep tone to it and zero drone. I can take some pics for you.
Old Dec 19, 2008, 09:06 AM
Evolved Member

I was curious what version it was, I know they had a couple different set ups. This is with or without the resonator? And I assume this is catless? If you have some pics that would be great, other wise, I'm sure Alan can vouch for it.
If you would like to stop by the house and see the stock exhaust I have. I haven't looked at it in over a year, it's on the top shelf in my garage, I'm sure everything is there, I think I have all the hardware and garkets as well. If you would like to pm me your cell number, we can set up a time for you to stop by and take a look.
Old Dec 19, 2008, 09:43 AM
Evolved Member

I was curious what version it was, I know they had a couple different set ups. This is with or without the resonator? And I assume this is catless? If you have some pics that would be great, other wise, I'm sure Alan can vouch for it.
If you would like to stop by the house and see the stock exhaust I have. I haven't looked at it in over a year, it's on the top shelf in my garage, I'm sure everything is there, I think I have all the hardware and garkets as well. If you would like to pm me your cell number, we can set up a time for you to stop by and take a look.
No silencer, resonator, or cat. A silencer could be purchased and installed in the exhaust tip. I do not get harassed by the cops at all, so I'd say it is fine the way it is. The test-pipe was modified by AMS such that a bung was added for a wideband sensor. Here is a link to the exhaust on AMS' website:

http://www.amsperformance.com/store/...roducts_id=486

I will take some pics of it on the car. If we want to do a trade, maybe we could arrange a time for Reese Tuning to do the swap.

Alain - do you foresee any issues with mdsevo06 and I swapping exhaust setups knowing our current configuration. Obviously my tune would be off but I am not concerned about that right now.
Old Dec 19, 2008, 11:13 AM
Evolved Member

I'm not 100% sure I want to do this, as it would leave me without a stock setup, if I ever needed to go to the Ref. And I couldn't do this at Reese's shop, because I would have to transport my stock exhaust system, which will not go in my evo. If you find someone else that is willing to trade you, I would jump on it, I need to think about this offer.
Old Dec 19, 2008, 11:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
sent you a pm... I have a stock IX exhaust, let me know, will be in SD and Reese Tuning this weekend and next week for Christmas
Old Dec 19, 2008, 11:56 AM
Evolved Member

I'm not 100% sure I want to do this, as it would leave me without a stock setup, if I ever needed to go to the Ref. And I couldn't do this at Reese's shop, because I would have to transport my stock exhaust system, which will not go in my evo. If you find someone else that is willing to trade you, I would jump on it, I need to think about this offer.
Understood. I don't think this is a simple swap on my end either--since I have an AEM EMS there is a wideband sensor in the AMS exhaust; if I go back to a stock exhaust and still have the AEM I would have to have a bung tapped into the stock exhaust to run the sensor. It seems to me that I would need to swap the exhaust and the ECU at the same time. So, if I don't find a buyer for the car with all its mods, I will have an AEM EMS for sale too.
Old Dec 19, 2008, 11:57 AM
Evolved Member

sell me your dual walbro is you got it
Old Dec 19, 2008, 12:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by big block ix
sell me your dual walbro is you got it
Don't have a dual walbro setup. Just a single.
Old Dec 19, 2008, 12:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by sEvoIXnTurboS2k
Understood. I don't think this is a simple swap on my end either--since I have an AEM EMS there is a wideband sensor in the AMS exhaust; if I go back to a stock exhaust and still have the AEM I would have to have a bung tapped into the stock exhaust to run the sensor. It seems to me that I would need to swap the exhaust and the ECU at the same time. So, if I don't find a buyer for the car with all its mods, I will have an AEM EMS for sale too.
I do have an Buschur downpipe with a wideband bung that I can throw in with the trade. Also, I would be interested in the AEM.

Quick Reply: San Diego Evo's