Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

San Diego Evo's

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2006, 07:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sup Gents...

OK....so the only RaceLegal / Qualcomm event for the month of November is this Friday, the 3rd...who is going to show???? Lets get another sign up going for this fridays Evo meet at Fry's...

1. alan678
Old Nov 1, 2006, 12:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JD_Z28
Whats up Roger, You'll be surprised how we'll this Camaro handles the corners I've done full suspension, shocks, springs, sway bars, strut brace and more and plus when those straight aways come up . I read about your clutch issues that sucks bro I just put a new one in mine after 2k miles and since the last time I've seen you I got a 2 step. How much does it cost to run at willow springs?
Yeah man it was so wierd dude. My clutch took a poopy when I WENT TO A FULL STOP. Wierdest thing ever! Well now I am researching on what I want to do as far as the clutch cause I want a clutch tha performs well and thats reliable. I was thinking of the ACT HD 6 puck but I am not sure. I may just have this one warrantied. I dunno. However, what did you set your 2 step at?

Als it costs I beleive 120 for the whole day and thats like3 hrs of track time. Thats alot of track time trust me. However, check out speedventures.com. It will tell you all about it. If you have any further questons dont worry I can walk you through everything cause I HAVE BEEN THERE BEFORE.
Old Nov 1, 2006, 12:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by alan678
Sup Gents...

OK....so the only RaceLegal / Qualcomm event for the month of November is this Friday, the 3rd...who is going to show???? Lets get another sign up going for this fridays Evo meet at Fry's...

1. alan678
2.Iceplant18
I posted yesterday that I was going to be there.
Old Nov 1, 2006, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by SKILMATIC
Yeah man it was so wierd dude. My clutch took a poopy when I WENT TO A FULL STOP. Wierdest thing ever! Well now I am researching on what I want to do as far as the clutch cause I want a clutch tha performs well and thats reliable. I was thinking of the ACT HD 6 puck but I am not sure. I may just have this one warrantied. I dunno. However, what did you set your 2 step at?

Als it costs I beleive 120 for the whole day and thats like3 hrs of track time. Thats alot of track time trust me. However, check out speedventures.com. It will tell you all about it. If you have any further questons dont worry I can walk you through everything cause I HAVE BEEN THERE BEFORE.
You should get it warrantied and then sell.

I haven't put the 2 step on yet its just sitting in my guarage, i'll probably set it around 3500 or so. Ya I don't think i'm going to willow springs with you guys because I don't have any road race tires yet, let me know how it goes and take alot of pics
Old Nov 1, 2006, 01:47 PM
Evolved Member

You should get it warrantied and then sell.

I haven't put the 2 step on yet its just sitting in my guarage, i'll probably set it around 3500 or so. Ya I don't think i'm going to willow springs with you guys because I don't have any road race tires yet, let me know how it goes and take alot of pics
Yeah thats what I was thinking as well. I dunno I am still researching on what I need to do. I talked to a exedy tech and this was the first time he ever heard this happening with this clutch. And he has been working for exedy as a tech for over 20yrs. That made me feel special haha.

However, what you mean you wont have any tires by then? Its not until dec 9 dude you have over a month to save up for them. Besides most of the cars going will have street tires on. So just go with what ya got. If not you still have plenty of time to get ready.

I want you to go so you can see my evo do laps around you . Jk, but really there was a SS there last time with a track suspension setup with about 450wheel that was getting laped by stock evos, stock sti, even a turboed miata passed him. I did a 15minute run on the track and lapped him almost 3 times. Anywys very curious to see how yours will do. Please go man. I know its fast in a straight line . Hope to hear you are going haha.
Old Nov 1, 2006, 01:59 PM

Yeah thats what I was thinking as well. I dunno I am still researching on what I need to do. I talked to a exedy tech and this was the first time he ever heard this happening with this clutch. And he has been working for exedy as a tech for over 20yrs. That made me feel special haha.

However, what you mean you wont have any tires by then? Its not until dec 9 dude you have over a month to save up for them. Besides most of the cars going will have street tires on. So just go with what ya got. If not you still have plenty of time to get ready.

I want you to go so you can see my evo do laps around you . Jk, but really there was a SS there last time with a track suspension setup with about 450wheel that was getting laped by stock evos, stock sti, even a turboed miata passed him. I did a 15minute run on the track and lapped him almost 3 times. Anywys very curious to see how yours will do. Please go man. I know its fast in a straight line . Hope to hear you are going haha.
It sounds like that Camaro needs a driver mod because theres a Camaro out here that attends all the auto cross events at Qualcom and he laps everything out here including the evo's. I even heard he's won a **** load of events. I'll try to make it out there with you guys and remember its about 80% Driver 20% car

Last edited by JD_Z28; Nov 1, 2006 at 02:01 PM.
Old Nov 1, 2006, 07:12 PM
Evolved Member

This is it so far....come on gents...

1. alan678
2.Iceplant18
Old Nov 1, 2006, 08:00 PM

This is it so far....come on gents...

1. alan678
2.Iceplant18
3. ybobbyy311
Old Nov 1, 2006, 11:47 PM
Evolved Member

1. alan678
2.Iceplant18
3. ybobbyy311
4. Evo IX MR
Old Nov 2, 2006, 01:27 AM
Evolved Member

I unfortunately wont be able to make it. Due to my clutch as you all know.
Old Nov 2, 2006, 01:30 AM
Evolved Member

It sounds like that Camaro needs a driver mod because theres a Camaro out here that attends all the auto cross events at Qualcom and he laps everything out here including the evo's. I even heard he's won a **** load of events. I'll try to make it out there with you guys and remember its about 80% Driver 20% car
haha maybe. However, Qualcomm scca auto x events are childs play compared to willow. The atuo x events at the q only feature one car at a time and you can only do one lap at a time. Pretty lame IMHO. However, again come out and see what I am talking about.
Old Nov 2, 2006, 07:55 AM
Evolved Member

The atuo x events at the q only feature one car at a time and you can only do one lap at a time. Pretty lame IMHO.
One car at a time, one "lap" at a time? Sounds like WRC to me.

That's actually the closest comparison in my mind for autocross to a professional motorsport -- autocross is a lot like a very short tarmac rally stage.

I did a track day in my Evo and frankly found it a bit boring, but I know lots of guys who love it.

As far as Camaro vs. Evo on the autocross course, the pony car drivers successfully lobbied for the Evo (and the STi) to be reclassed because the "rally cars" were too fast relative to the pony cars.
Old Nov 2, 2006, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by jbrennen

That's actually the closest comparison in my mind for autocross to a professional motorsport -- autocross is a lot like a very short tarmac rally stage.

I did a track day in my Evo and frankly found it a bit boring, but I know lots of guys who love it.

As far as Camaro vs. Evo on the autocross course, the pony car drivers successfully lobbied for the Evo (and the STi) to be reclassed because the "rally cars" were too fast relative to the pony cars.
The Evo's and Sti's are better handling cars, its the same as how the Camaro/F-Bodys are better for drag but that dosen't mean a Camaro couldn't take one out in the twisties....When it comes down to it alot has to do with driver and setup.
Old Nov 2, 2006, 12:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jbrennen

Actually I already attended 3 of them. They were "SCCA auto x events." THATS WHAT THEY WERE ADVERTISING IT AS AND THATS WHAT THEY WERE ANNOUNCING IT AS. So from that I am assuming thats what it was.
Old Nov 2, 2006, 12:31 PM
Evolved Member

The Evo's and Sti's are better handling cars, its the same as how the Camaro/F-Bodys are better for drag but that dosen't mean a Camaro couldn't take one out in the twisties....When it comes down to it alot has to do with driver and setup.
No it has alot to do with having a better handling car.

Quick Reply: San Diego Evo's