Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

San Diego Evo's

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2006, 01:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SKILMATIC
No it has alot to do with having a better handling car.
I still say 80% Driver 20% Car
Old Nov 2, 2006, 04:09 PM
Evolving Member

Anyone have the stock IX exhaust hanger (the one at the very end of the muffler) for sell? I'll buy it and pick it up at the meet! Need to install my stock exhaust for a ticket very soon.

Last edited by Emo-lution; Nov 2, 2006 at 04:12 PM.
Old Nov 2, 2006, 04:46 PM
Evolved Member

Actually I already attended 3 of them. They were "SCCA auto x events." THATS WHAT THEY WERE ADVERTISING IT AS AND THATS WHAT THEY WERE ANNOUNCING IT AS. So from that I am assuming thats what it was.
I think you misunderstood my intent. I never intended to imply that autocross is (or might be mistaken for) WRC.

I was saying that if autocross is lame because you have one car at a time, one lap at a time, then you'd probably have to call WRC lame as well.

Both autocross and WRC (or rally in general) are time trials on a course where you get no practice to speak of. And the absence of dozens of practice runs is a primary thing which differentiates road course racing (like Willow Springs) from autocross/rally.
Old Nov 2, 2006, 06:56 PM
Evolved Member

So there's only five of us going or what? I pretty sure Dustin and Justin will be there too.
Old Nov 2, 2006, 09:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
JD_Z28,

one of my buddy puting 375, give or take?
Old Nov 3, 2006, 02:07 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JD_Z28
I still say 80% Driver 20% Car
Ok well lets prove that statement shall we? Bring your car out to the track and lets see what happens.
Old Nov 3, 2006, 02:11 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jbrennen
I think you misunderstood my intent. I never intended to imply that autocross is (or might be mistaken for) WRC.

I was saying that if autocross is lame because you have one car at a time, one lap at a time, then you'd probably have to call WRC lame as well.

Both autocross and WRC (or rally in general) are time trials on a course where you get no practice to speak of. And the absence of dozens of practice runs is a primary thing which differentiates road course racing (like Willow Springs) from autocross/rally.
Dude setting up cones in a deserted parking lot at a stadium has no comparison to a WRC rally course. Yes they happen to have some things in common but every racing sport has some things in common. However, in no way shape or form are the 2 congruent.
Old Nov 3, 2006, 08:41 AM
Evolved Member

I never intended to imply that autocross is (or might be mistaken for) WRC.
However, in no way shape or form are the 2 congruent.
Sounds like we agree on that at least.

I'm guessing there must be other reasons you think autocross is lame, other than the 1 car at a time, 1 lap at a time. (I'm guessing you'd probably jump at the chance to drive a Ferrari at Laguna Seca -- 1 car at a time, 1 lap at a time.)

Like the 3-4 hour time commitment for less than 5 minutes of driving, maybe? Or the need (in most classes) to spend about $20 per run for tires just to be competitive?

Still, for those who haven't autocrossed, I'd encourage anyone to try it. A lot of folks aren't impressed, but that's okay.

Jack
Old Nov 3, 2006, 09:15 AM

Ok well lets prove that statement shall we? Bring your car out to the track and lets see what happens.
I'm thinking about, I just don't know if I want to go buy tires and spend the $ for something i'm not too into
Old Nov 3, 2006, 09:24 AM
Evolving Member

SPOTTED!!!

Yesterday on Kearney Villa Road.

TB VIII on Black Volk LE37's

Running a 35R

Is that anyone on here? You had black Sparcos inside too.

That car sounded baaaaaad asssss!!

Whoever that was, he was a super chill guy. Nice to meet you. Sorry we couldn't chat more.... stupid traffic. lol

_Greg
Old Nov 3, 2006, 10:49 AM
Evolved Member

Sounds like we agree on that at least.

I'm guessing there must be other reasons you think autocross is lame, other than the 1 car at a time, 1 lap at a time. (I'm guessing you'd probably jump at the chance to drive a Ferrari at Laguna Seca -- 1 car at a time, 1 lap at a time.)

Like the 3-4 hour time commitment for less than 5 minutes of driving, maybe? Or the need (in most classes) to spend about $20 per run for tires just to be competitive?

Still, for those who haven't autocrossed, I'd encourage anyone to try it. A lot of folks aren't impressed, but that's okay.

Jack
Well it depends on the auto x track. Qualcomms is horrible. Myabe if it was a better track I wuld be more abliged to it. Now laguna seca IMHO is a far much better track than at qualcomm.
Old Nov 3, 2006, 10:49 AM
Evolved Member

Dudes....i wont be able to make it tonight....one of our San Marcos friends was killed on Hwy 78 yesterday morning on a motorcycle...A group of us will be meeting at the In N Out in San Marcos right off San Marcos Blvd exit for a get together in his remembrance...
Old Nov 3, 2006, 10:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gregfromblur
SPOTTED!!!

Yesterday on Kearney Villa Road.

TB VIII on Black Volk LE37's

Running a 35R

Is that anyone on here? You had black Sparcos inside too.

That car sounded baaaaaad asssss!!

Whoever that was, he was a super chill guy. Nice to meet you. Sorry we couldn't chat more.... stupid traffic. lol

_Greg
The only guy with a tb evo with a 35r and black volks in this area is a guy named Rob. Except he has a evo 9 not an 8.
Old Nov 3, 2006, 10:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by alan678
Dudes....i wont be able to make it tonight....one of our San Marcos friends was killed on Hwy 78 yesterday morning on a motorcycle...A group of us will be meeting at the In N Out in San Marcos right off San Marcos Blvd exit for a get together in his remembrance...
NO WAY was it that one guy who just got his bike?
Old Nov 3, 2006, 11:32 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Fry's meet up

Are people still going?
1. alan678
2.Iceplant18
3. ybobbyy311
4. Evo IX MR
5. barney malone (who?)

Quick Reply: San Diego Evo's