Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

San Diego Evo's

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2006, 12:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice kill Roger. You murdilated that Cobra. And thats an 11 sec Cobra for sure. I'm cruising over to Robs right now. Hit me up and we'll go blasting or something.
Old Dec 4, 2006, 12:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gregfromblur
Got bad news Guys and Gals of SD. There was another Evo crash. Lastnight, at 1am on the 163 where the 8 freeway is at. I hope its no one we know.

SAN DIEGO – A 28-year-old woman was killed early Monday morning when the car she was riding in crashed on north state Route 163 approaching Interstate 8 in Mission Valley, authorities said.

A man was driving a 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer at high speed when he lost control, spun and veered left, striking the center divider of SR-163 around 1:08 a.m., said California Highway Patrol Officer Alicia Contreras.

A passenger in the right rear of the car was killed at the scene. The driver suffered major injuries and two other passengers were also hurt, Contreras said.

The county Medical Examiner's office withheld the name of the victim early Monday until her family could be notified.

The northbound lanes of SR-163 were closed for about two hours. Cars were diverted to eastbound I-8 while officers investigated the accident.

My Heart goes out to those involved.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/m...bn04fatal.html

News Report:

http://www.kfmb.com/stories/story.72340.html#

_Greg

My condolences to everyone involved and their families. No to be an *** but that is exactly why I don't get crazy with people in the car. Its ****ing stupid. Do that **** by yourself. That girl lost her life at age 28 all because that dude wanted to show off. - And he obviously can't drive better than a drunk teenage idiot. ****ing moron.
Old Dec 4, 2006, 12:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by nigletsyz
why did you purposely bog the launch?

Either way, I would love to see you guys line up at Qualcomm again. You should set a date. None of this street racing business though... Qualcomm will give you times and at least has a tree...
Well because at the time I had a clutch that didnt like to be slipped and I didnt want to risk blowing up my drivetrain. Now that I have a new clutch that i can slip I can now launch better. Not to mention, I still havent even bumped it up to my race map yet.

I dont want to spend 30bucks to race once thats retarded.
Old Dec 4, 2006, 12:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evo IX MR
Nice kill Roger. You murdilated that Cobra. And thats an 11 sec Cobra for sure. I'm cruising over to Robs right now. Hit me up and we'll go blasting or something.
Hey bro thanks but I cant cause I have work. Have fun though
Old Dec 4, 2006, 12:38 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SKILMATIC

I dont want to spend 30bucks to race once thats retarded.
So race best out of 3 or 5.... you can race the car more than once for the $30 at Qualcomm ya know.

You spent a ton of money already on this car and you're complaining about $30 more? Plus, its legal, safer and more people will be willing to watch.
Old Dec 4, 2006, 12:40 PM
Evolving Member

with whateber you do, just be safe roger man. i know you can handle the beast, so i need not worry.

i still want a ride dammit. i just know im gonna be so dissapointed with my car after a ride in a monster. i need an upgrade dammit.

Whats goin on today? its monday, and im booooooredDdDdd!

_Greg
Old Dec 4, 2006, 12:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nigletsyz
So race best out of 3 or 5.... you can race the car more than once for the $30 at Qualcomm ya know.

You spent a ton of money already on this car and you're complaining about $30 more? Plus, its legal, safer and more people will be willing to watch.

Well I can do it for free. Id rather spend 30bucks on fuel. Plus qualcomm has a horrible track anyway I miles well be on a regular street. Also the timers are usually screwed up. One day I am trapping at 100mph the next I am trapping at 90mph. I know what the car is already capable of as far as time wise. I already ran a 7.6 at 100mph in 75 degree weather with a purposely bogged launch. John runs 7.3-7.4 at around the same traps.

My 60ft on that run was around 2.0-2.2 his was 1.8. So as you can tell that 4 tenths is what got me.

I also dont like waiting for an hr in tech. I also dont like waiting for 30min in line to race. I also cant go anyways cause I work on friday nights till 11pm. So there ya go. Even if I WANTED to go to qualcomm I cant. The only other option is barona and screw driving all the way up there. Although it would be a fun drive around the twisties.

If john wants to race cool if not then I wont be able to cause I work when qualcomm goes on. However, I ma sure he will cause he wanted me to come out one night but I couldnt cause I was working.
Old Dec 4, 2006, 12:51 PM
Evolved Member

with whateber you do, just be safe roger man. i know you can handle the beast, so i need not worry.

i still want a ride dammit. i just know im gonna be so dissapointed with my car after a ride in a monster. i need an upgrade dammit.

Whats goin on today? its monday, and im booooooredDdDdd!

_Greg
Yes we are always very safe. We take plenty of precautions. We also dont go out there 100cars deep. We go out with at most 20cars and we only do a couple runs then we cool it down andpark somewhere. However, if you want to start modding figure out what you want to ue the car for and go from there.
Old Dec 4, 2006, 01:16 PM

Roger you don't want none! You know i'm always down for a good run but I must warn you I have some new stg.2 heads and a BB T76 thats going in this week (only the heads going in this week). If you want I have a run with a 630whp Cobra on sunday, send me a PM with your number and your more than welcome to join the action, also theres going to be a 590 whp Whippled Cobra, 577whp nitrous T/A, and a 550whp TT 300ZX.

Last edited by JD_Z28; Dec 4, 2006 at 01:19 PM.
Old Dec 4, 2006, 01:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JD_Z28
Roger you don't want none! You know i'm always down for a good run but I must warn you I have some new stg.2 heads and a BB T76 thats going in this week (only the heads going in this week). If you want I have a run with a 630whp Cobra on sunday, send me a PM with your number and your more than welcome to join the action, also theres going to be a 590 whp Whippled Cobra, 577whp nitrous T/A, and a 550whp TT 300ZX.
Thats so awesome bro. I am happy you are making your monster come alive. I am always glad to hear peoples cars are coming along. Well I will send you a pm. I will have to get on my race map for you guys. haha.

You just wait until I get my head done and put cams in and up the boost. I still have 5-7more psi to increase but my fuel delivery isnt up to par yet. Sounds like I must got dual fuel rails with dual port injection. However, once that occurs I can probably get about 700whp once all the other mods are done. I also have wet nitrous kit lying around incase you want to get real serious haha. That will bump me up to 800whp.

But anyways for now the current setup will do.
Old Dec 4, 2006, 01:33 PM
Evolved Member

John, pm sent. Glad everyhtings working out. Btw, a co worker of mine says he knows you too. His name is David hes a short asian dude with an integra. He said he raced you back in the day when he was fully built NA and this was when you had no turbo on your z. Does this sound familiar?
Old Dec 4, 2006, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by SKILMATIC
John, pm sent. Glad everyhtings working out. Btw, a co worker of mine says he knows you too. His name is David hes a short asian dude with an integra. He said he raced you back in the day when he was fully built NA and this was when you had no turbo on your z. Does this sound familiar?
Ya I know who your talking about.

If you get 800awhp out of your car aren't you worried about dependability? I know alot of guys in the 900-1000whp range but their cars aren't that dependable, that being said is one of the reasons i'm not going nitrous its just not smart.
Old Dec 4, 2006, 02:56 PM
Evolving Member

Good point... but doesn't dependability matter more if its say, a daily driver? Seems like roger beats on some other cars for everyday use?

hey John, is your camaro running the STS setup? I think I've seen you in eastlake before.

_Greg
Old Dec 4, 2006, 03:19 PM

Good point... but doesn't dependability matter more if its say, a daily driver? Seems like roger beats on some other cars for everyday use?

hey John, is your camaro running the STS setup? I think I've seen you in eastlake before.

_Greg
My cars a weekend warrior but I still like to play it safe and not push its limits.

I have the STS kit but don't go to eastlake ever, maybe it was another STS Camaro
Old Dec 4, 2006, 03:54 PM
Evolving Member

oh ok cool. cause I've seen another Turbo Camaro in eastlake. this was a few months back, It was a a tan, or gray or somthing around that color convertible, running the STS kit. Sounded reaaaaaal nice spoolin up as it was driving.

_Greg

Quick Reply: San Diego Evo's