Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

San Diego Evo's

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2006, 01:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JD_Z28
Ya I know who your talking about.

If you get 800awhp out of your car aren't you worried about dependability? I know alot of guys in the 900-1000whp range but their cars aren't that dependable, that being said is one of the reasons i'm not going nitrous its just not smart.
Oh I was being sarcastic about the nitrous deal. However, at the power I am running now I am super dependable.

Yeah he told me you also raced the enigma civic that had like 600whp which was one of the reasons why you upgraded turbos.
Old Dec 5, 2006, 01:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gregfromblur
Good point... but doesn't dependability matter more if its say, a daily driver? Seems like roger beats on some other cars for everyday use?

hey John, is your camaro running the STS setup? I think I've seen you in eastlake before.

_Greg
Well I do have a 600whp saturn that I can basically destroy just about everything on the freeway. Imagine a 2000# car with me in it with that type of power. However, the evo is actually my daily. I am working on getting my saturn back to stock because of smog and registration issues so that will be my daily for awhile.
Old Dec 5, 2006, 08:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SKILMATIC
Oh I was being sarcastic about the nitrous deal. However, at the power I am running now I am super dependable.

Yeah he told me you also raced the enigma civic that had like 600whp which was one of the reasons why you upgraded turbos.
I never lost to a Civic? Your buddys on crack. He must be talking about someone else because the only Honda I know from Enigma is a Prelude that I destroyed 4 times I raced the Prelude like 8mnths ago before the FMIC. I never told anyone I was never planning on upgarding my turbo I just happen to come across a good deal.

I'll race your Saturn

Last edited by JD_Z28; Dec 5, 2006 at 08:56 AM.
Old Dec 5, 2006, 10:39 AM
Evolving Member

OooOoOO!! I wanna watch. Matter of fact, I wanna watch any runs that pop up. Someone PM me and lemme know when there gonna be some fun. I wanna watch.

_Greg
Old Dec 5, 2006, 06:51 PM
Evolved Member

I'll smoke you all.
Old Dec 7, 2006, 11:13 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JD_Z28
I never lost to a Civic? Your buddys on crack. He must be talking about someone else because the only Honda I know from Enigma is a Prelude that I destroyed 4 times I raced the Prelude like 8mnths ago before the FMIC. I never told anyone I was never planning on upgarding my turbo I just happen to come across a good deal.

I'll race your Saturn
Yeah I thought that was BS. And yeah it was a prelude not a civic. It was the f22.
Old Dec 7, 2006, 11:33 AM
Evolved Member

Hey gents whats going on....Just put up some cams for sale, Used HKS 264 264 cams.... go to the link below if you are interested....i will do $400 picked up in north county...And yes, you can pass smog with these cams....just did about a week ago!!!

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=238716

Pass the word to your friends, help a brother out....and thanks!!!
Old Dec 7, 2006, 11:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by alan678
Hey gents whats going on....Just put up some cams for sale, Used HKS 264 264 cams.... go to the link below if you are interested....i will do $400 picked up in north county...And yes, you can pass smog with these cams....just did about a week ago!!!

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=238716

Pass the word to your friends, help a brother out....and thanks!!!
Hey alan hope everything is going well with ya. Its seems alot of people are going through soem hard times this yr. Hope the new yr is alot better.
Old Dec 7, 2006, 11:47 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evo IX MR
I'll smoke you all.
this isnt bong hit contest david.
Old Dec 7, 2006, 12:06 PM
Evolved Member

Wow, it never crossed my mind that cams will allow you to pass Cally smog tests! It's mostly appearance items under the hood I was told. Also, do they look under the car at all? Was thinking that if they don't, there is no reason we can't keep on our licp and other goodies.

What about a small battery or relocation to the trunk? Aftermarket motor mounts? Spark plug cover? How **** are these smog guys?
Old Dec 7, 2006, 12:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by silex
Wow, it never crossed my mind that cams will allow you to pass Cally smog tests! It's mostly appearance items under the hood I was told. Also, do they look under the car at all? Was thinking that if they don't, there is no reason we can't keep on our licp and other goodies.

What about a small battery or relocation to the trunk? Aftermarket motor mounts? Spark plug cover? How **** are these smog guys?
O yeah they look under the hood. Things liek small battery kit and motor mounts are ok. Piping is a no no. Basically anything having to do with the engine. Now I am suprised he pased with the 264. However, no one can see the cams and no one is inspecting them so if it runs right with them the ok. However, with piping even if it runs right they cn still see it and that will cause you "visually" not to pass.
Old Dec 7, 2006, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Evo IX MR
I'll smoke you all.
David = The Truth. True Story.
Old Dec 7, 2006, 03:29 PM
Evolving Member

Evo accident --- I hope that Evo wasn't the one here.

I got it!

m~

Last edited by macster; Dec 8, 2006 at 07:11 AM.
Old Dec 7, 2006, 05:46 PM
Evolving Member

naaah i doubt it was that one in the pictures. cause the one in the accident, looked to be a IX.... well, it looks like it had IX wheels on it anyway.
Old Dec 7, 2006, 06:08 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
it was an Evo IX RS that was in the accident. I posted up some info on the driver and the woman who died in the thread

Quick Reply: San Diego Evo's