Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

San Diego Evo's

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2006, 11:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I should have registered my car in Arizona. **** the police.
Old Dec 9, 2006, 11:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by silex
Thanks for the tip on the visual part of the smog test! Ic pipes? That's what carb eo stickers are for! I need to check if my injen uicp has it (supposedly some do and some don't). Good news on the motor mounts and battery. I wonder about other things like spark plug cover (easy to remove anyways but still curious) and ingalls stuffy. Pretty sure those fall into the same category since they are not "engine enhancements"
YEAH SPARK PLUG COVER IS OK. And so are the ingalls
Old Dec 10, 2006, 02:02 AM
Evolved Member

Good info, but it is true to be better safe than sorry. I wanted to register my car in one of those smog-free states like Florida, but this might pose a problem of running out of state plates for too long; you're bound to get pulled over by the cops and not a legit story as to why have them for as long as you did.
Old Dec 10, 2006, 11:07 AM

The only way to get away with out of state plates is military. If your military, you dont need to register anywhere else cause your not really stationed anywhere long enough to keep it registered.
Old Dec 10, 2006, 08:17 PM
Evolving Member

Hey everyone, sellin a Megan Racing 3" Resonated Testpipe. 50 bucks. 1 scratch. 02 bung for wideband as well. just puttin it out there.

Hope everyone had a good weekend, and was safe with the rain and what not. ****'s start drivin all crazy and whatnot when its wet out.

Also! be safe on mira mesa blvd. seems like i have seen a lot more cops posted up on street watchin mira mesa blvd. saw 2 evos and an sti pulled over today alone.
Old Dec 10, 2006, 09:03 PM
Evolved Member

I think we should celebrate our 1000 san diego post, like having a little meet or whatnot
Old Dec 11, 2006, 06:07 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tien
I think we should celebrate our 1000 san diego post, like having a little meet or whatnot
sweet!

i got mine on sat.!!
Old Dec 11, 2006, 06:35 AM
Account Disabled

Greg I might want that test pipe, hit me up
I'll pm you my #
Old Dec 11, 2006, 11:21 AM
Evolving Member

Cool, all taken care of Rob.

By the way, anyone out here in SD have experience with doing a Cam install? I have my Set of 280's i wanna throw in, but I'm way intimidated doing it on my own. Im comfortable doing everything else, except that, and would like someone with experience to do it for me. I can pay if you want, but i wanna help if its cool.

Ryan's charging me 200 to do it at the Shop. Didn't really have that money right now tho, cause of the holidays.

_Greg
Old Dec 11, 2006, 12:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gregfromblur
Cool, all taken care of Rob.

By the way, anyone out here in SD have experience with doing a Cam install? I have my Set of 280's i wanna throw in, but I'm way intimidated doing it on my own. Im comfortable doing everything else, except that, and would like someone with experience to do it for me. I can pay if you want, but i wanna help if its cool.

Ryan's charging me 200 to do it at the Shop. Didn't really have that money right now tho, cause of the holidays.

_Greg
Why did you go with 280's? If you dont have a bigger turbo then the 280's are really pointless. But anyways good luck with that.
Old Dec 11, 2006, 12:56 PM
Evolving Member

Well I have seen VIII's gain with 280s, as well as the VIII's running the IX turbo, which is what I'm doing. Granted, might not be a huge gain, but as we speak, ams is building my 2.3 short block. So far, looks like my RNR 35R will be somthing for me to look forward to sooner than I thought! Yaaaaay!!

Anyone else know anyone with cam install, and lifter bleeding experience. Help!!
Old Dec 11, 2006, 01:04 PM
Evolved Member

Hey guys I ran JD Z28 the guy with the rediculously fast camaro. He has posted on here before. Very cool guy. His car is basically fully built. He has the obvious built 5.7L with fully built heads, cams, fully built drivetrain, he is also running the 60-1 turbo with other supporting mods except for his stock fule pump. If I missed anything or got anything wrong I am sure he will correct me.

You all know what my car has so there is no suprise there. I was also on the pump map.

From a dig I won. From a 45 roll I won and from a 70 roll he won. However, the interesting thing is when I hit 5th gear is when he starts to catch up and pull on me. Everyother gear I have him. Usually at 130 I stop the race so I would usually win, but we kept going for fun. We ran at the 52 where that long straight away into santee is.

I have to say even though I won his car is rediculously fast on the top end. Also he did have his MT slicks on but they werent warm. So that had a huge factor in it too. He also needs to get his car tuned cause the previous tuner kinda screwed his tune. So he is going to tuning tech real soon.

On a side note I also woulda beaten the whippled cobra which is also putting out 590whp because john in the camaro beat him too. And the stage 3 srt4 the silver oen that goes to qualcomm often that puts down like 7.7 I also destroyed him on the way home. But it was a fun race nd he is also a awesome guy. I must say though all their cars are very fast IMHO. The evo is just rediculous.
Old Dec 11, 2006, 01:07 PM
Evolved Member

Well I have seen VIII's gain with 280s, as well as the VIII's running the IX turbo, which is what I'm doing. Granted, might not be a huge gain, but as we speak, ams is building my 2.3 short block. So far, looks like my RNR 35R will be somthing for me to look forward to sooner than I thought! Yaaaaay!!

Anyone else know anyone with cam install, and lifter bleeding experience. Help!!
Well yeah you will still see gains but because the turbo isnt big enough for such a duration on the 280s you wont be flowing any air through them at certain duration and lift points which is not good. A matter of fact that will cause tuning problems. I dont want to sound like a butthole but I am just relaying to you my advise. I wouldnt go with those until I put the turbo kit on. ALso DONT GO TO RNR they are screwing people over. Take my advice on that at least. Please go to tuning tech for all your car needs. You will be much happier that you did.
Old Dec 11, 2006, 01:21 PM
Evolving Member

oh well i was just gonna grab the turbo kit from RNR, and yea, then was planning to go to tuning tech. haha!!

yea dont worry any advice is good advice to me. besides, im sure you know the deal. you do have a sort of quick evo.

nah im kidding, that things hella fast. haha. my plan basically was to throw the 280s in now, and since i dont relle drive the car anyway, wait for the block and thr turbo kit to come. i just wanted to get them in now, and see how it was.

Hey hit me up next time you guys go for some highway fun. i havnt seen anything cool like that in a while!! thanks roger. laaaate

_Greg
Old Dec 11, 2006, 01:27 PM
Evolved Member

oh well i was just gonna grab the turbo kit from RNR, and yea, then was planning to go to tuning tech. haha!!

yea dont worry any advice is good advice to me. besides, im sure you know the deal. you do have a sort of quick evo.

nah im kidding, that things hella fast. haha. my plan basically was to throw the 280s in now, and since i dont relle drive the car anyway, wait for the block and thr turbo kit to come. i just wanted to get them in now, and see how it was.

Hey hit me up next time you guys go for some highway fun. i havnt seen anything cool like that in a while!! thanks roger. laaaate

_Greg
No dont even get the turbo kit from them because I heard they are ripping people off saying they are giving them 35r but really its a no namer turbo. Just please get everythign from tuning tech. Please dont go to rnr. I just want everyone to not get screwed over by peopel like that.

Also as far as the cams go I know you want to throw thme in but w/o any tuning they are pointless. However, please wait till you get everything.

Also I hear you are meeting rob up at the house? I will be there too in a short while.

Also we might have another race shortly cause john in the camaro needs more mods and tuning. So after that we will run. I will let you knwo though. Gimme your number.

Quick Reply: San Diego Evo's