Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

San Diego Evo's

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2006, 04:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JD_Z28
Whats funny is my guy who was passenger kept telling me you were jumping the gun oh we'll the vid will speak for it self You going to Fusion tonight?
Yea you guys both jumped the gun a few times. But there were a couple runs when I think you guys took off pretty evenly. Its hard to hear those horns when both of your guy's cars sound so raw.
Old Dec 12, 2006, 04:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^Yeah like I said I dont blame anyone cause our cars are so damn loud. But anyways John lets do it the real way. Have a flagger or lets go to fontana or lets go to willow springs.
Old Dec 13, 2006, 06:28 PM

where's the vid
Old Dec 13, 2006, 07:10 PM
Evolved Member

^^ +1
Old Dec 13, 2006, 09:50 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
+^^^+2
Old Dec 14, 2006, 12:25 AM
Evolving Member

++ 56,000

Aye rob... you like how i SQUEEZED out of the garage huh? hahah. good times man. hows that clutch?

When the next runs john? i wanna check your beast of a camaro out bro. thing sounds evil!!
Old Dec 14, 2006, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by gregfromblur
++ 56,000

Aye rob... you like how i SQUEEZED out of the garage huh? hahah. good times man. hows that clutch?

When the next runs john? i wanna check your beast of a camaro out bro. thing sounds evil!!
The vid still isn't done

It looks like I won't be running my car for the next week or so. I took it to the dyno last night and found out that i've been running lean from 4500 to 6200rpms. I recently had the car retuned with my new heads and made 80more rwhp and 100TQ and that was at only 5200rpm's (due to leaning out). I thought if I dropped it 3 lbs of boost I would be OK to run it. I ran it the last couple nights with less boost and just found out that i'm still running lean due to the car running on a diffrent map I ordered a new pump and turned the boost back up now I just have to wait, damn I glad I didn't **** $hit up.
Old Dec 14, 2006, 09:42 AM
Evolving Member

Kinda weird that you tuned, and they still got you running lean. That due to jsut maxing out that fuel pump you had? Good luck with getting it back to where she needs to be.

I still want a ride in the beast. im down to take that video in the passenger seat next time you guys go out for a few fun runs.

_Greg
Old Dec 14, 2006, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by gregfromblur
Kinda weird that you tuned, and they still got you running lean. That due to jsut maxing out that fuel pump you had? Good luck with getting it back to where she needs to be.

I still want a ride in the beast. im down to take that video in the passenger seat next time you guys go out for a few fun runs.

_Greg
Before the heads it didn't run lean, with the new heads it runs more effiecient and with the same boost. I took the car in to get retuned once I put the new heads in and thats when it started running lean at 4500rpms. The car was tuned for 10 lbs of boost and was done up to the point to which it ran to lean. I droped the boost myself hoping it would keep me safe and able to go past 4500rpm's and thats the way i've been running it the last week. I'm goanna have the new pump in mid next week and retuned by the end of the week so i'll take you for a spin then
Old Dec 14, 2006, 10:36 AM

Hey guys what's going on in here?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNyqc9To6YY
Old Dec 14, 2006, 10:37 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JD_Z28
The vid still isn't done

It looks like I won't be running my car for the next week or so. I took it to the dyno last night and found out that i've been running lean from 4500 to 6200rpms. I recently had the car retuned with my new heads and made 80more rwhp and 100TQ and that was at only 5200rpm's (due to leaning out). I thought if I dropped it 3 lbs of boost I would be OK to run it. I ran it the last couple nights with less boost and just found out that i'm still running lean due to the car running on a diffrent map I ordered a new pump and turned the boost back up now I just have to wait, damn I glad I didn't **** $hit up.
DAMN SO SORRY TO HEAR THAT BRO. What were your afr's reading? That is wierd you turned down the boost and you were still running lean, but I guess the map will do that to you but still doesnt make sense scientifically.
Old Dec 14, 2006, 10:45 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by captain4g63
Hey guys what's going on in here?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNyqc9To6YY
Hey someone posted the vid already? Why? Most of the runs I mishifted or they jumped the gun except for like 2. The one on the whipple and the 1 where I stayed with the camora until I hit 5th gear were good vids. Although liek I said that whipple has lek 200more whp than I do so I ma suprsed I kept up with it like I did. The drag shouldnt even been posted cause he jumped the gun way early.
Old Dec 14, 2006, 11:25 AM

Roger, I think it's pretty clear your car hauls ***
Old Dec 14, 2006, 11:39 AM

The run from a dig I jumped it due to excessive noise, I let off the gas then got back into it once Roger caught up. That vid shouldn't of been posted

I think if I ran the Whipple that night he would of got beat considering my cars running lean at 4500 rpm's

Good Vid Dan thanks for posting it
Old Dec 14, 2006, 12:57 PM
Evolving Member

haha yea cool videos. i cant wait to see first hand tho. i woulda went out last time... but roger forgot about me.

Quick Reply: San Diego Evo's