Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

Phx: Trusted Alignment Shop?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2006, 09:31 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Phx: Trusted Alignment Shop?

I'm interested in hearing about your guy's experience w/certain alignment shops in Phx. I'm looking for a shop that specializes in AWD alignments and does a damn-good-job!

I know there's plenty of alignment machines and places (Discount Tires, Paco's Llantas,etc) that do it all around the West Side of Phx too...but realistically; do you trust there work? Where can I go to get an excellent, trustworthy alignment? And I'm not all of a sudden wanting an alignment because of said-thread...I lowered my car and in need of one.

Reference: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=217946

For those too lazy to follow the link:
Testing, testing, testing. Seems like that is all we do here. Everytime someone thinks of something we test it. We go the track and test, we test on the dyno, we test on the street. I thought when highschool was over my testing was done

So, we are racing road course stuff now and of course with that you have to have the chassis set up correctly. Luckily I have Robert Fuller from Robispec driving and in charge of the alignment duties. I knew nothing at all about it. Robert, on the other hand, gets down and dirty with it and makes the cars fly.

Robert had been shipping his corner scales, laser toe gauges and camber/caster equipment back and forth to us each race. It got to be a PITA for him and us.

I finally broke down and bought all the equipment for our shop and have it here now. We can do corner scaling and full alignments now. It is actually very interesting.

Robert stayed after the last race we had with the Time Attack car and spent the day trying to make my pea sized brain comprehend how do an alignment. I finally grasped it when I had to do my car by myself.

At the shootout there were two guys that came here, Kevin Lawson and Trevor Jones. They had both just had alignments done at an alignment shop. Robert warned me that alignment shops don't get nearly as close as we can with this equipment and most do a half assed job. Well he was right.

I offered to check Kevin's first and it was so far out of whack. First off all the camber adjustment bolts in the rear were frozen solid to the inner bushing. There was no way the alignment shop moved them, the toe was off on both ends of the car too. Kevin was pissed at how bad it was.

We then did Trevor's car. His was also pretty bad. Rear tires were set to 0 toe but they were both pointing more than an 1" off to the right, measuring at the front spindle.

After the alignment Trevor's car finally broke into the 1.6 sixty foot times.

I also did my car which was really messed up. It was way off from trying to align it in a hotel parking lot at midnight. Here is what is crazy. Before I did the alignment my car on the dyno only made 415 whp/415 fl bls. The alignment was really bad. After the alignment I dyno'd again a few days later, nothing else changed. 451/450! It didn't dawn on me what could have made such a change until I remembered the alignment.

I don't know if that huge increase was from doing the alignment or not but I do know I didn't really change anything else. I had tuned it a little on the street but nothing that would give that much power.

After thinking of it more and more I believe it could very well have been from getting everything pointing where it needed to be.

If you think about 3,000 pounds sitting on four fairly wide tires, all of which have to accelerate a set of knurled rollers and each tire is pointing in a different direction it has to cause a tremendous amount of drag.

Something else. The EVO's are notorious for wearing inside front tires pretty bad. This can mostly be traced to a poor alignment right from the factory. For what it costs to have a real alignment done it would be worth the time and effort to have it done. Money you save in tires alone will make up for the cost.

As a side note. A typical alignment shop charges around $65. From what I have seen in my few short weeks of looking it is money that is not well spent. Robert says that is his experience too.

We do offer the service now, it is very time consuming but also very accurate.

We have gained speed/time on the drag strip on each car we have done so far. Of course a proper alignment for a road race car would be even more drastic but also driver dependent.

Cool stuff.
Old Aug 16, 2006, 09:34 PM
Evolving Member

Why dont you just call and ask, you turd... Network alignment
Old Aug 16, 2006, 09:38 PM
Evolved Member

Network alignment.

12639 N. Cave Creek Rd. 6615 W. Bethony Home Rd.
Phx, AZ 85022 Glendale, AZ 85301
602-867-8061 or 623-931-5102

Old Aug 16, 2006, 09:42 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Turbolover
Network alignment.

12639 N. Cave Creek Rd. 6615 W. Bethony Home Rd.
Phx, AZ 85022 Glendale, AZ 85301
602-867-8061 or 623-931-5102

Me first
Old Aug 17, 2006, 06:26 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by precisi0n
Why dont you just call and ask, you turd... Network alignment
If you'd answer your phone, clown...!
Old Aug 17, 2006, 08:58 PM
Evolved Member

Does Network do corner weighting & balancing?
Old Aug 17, 2006, 10:07 PM
Evolved Member

No they dont, I asked. I also vouch for them. 6month guarantee against changing of alignment and they do custom specs .