Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

SD EVO Accident

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2006, 08:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SD EVO Accident

SAN DIEGO – A 28-year-old woman was killed early Monday morning when the car she was riding in crashed on north state Route 163 approaching Interstate 8 in Mission Valley, authorities said.

A man was driving a 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer at high speed when he lost control, spun and veered left, striking the center divider of SR-163 around 1:08 a.m., said California Highway Patrol Officer Alicia Contreras.

A passenger in the right rear of the car was killed at the scene. The driver suffered major injuries and two other passengers were also hurt, Contreras said.

The county Medical Examiner's office withheld the name of the victim early Monday until her family could be notified.

The northbound lanes of SR-163 were closed for about two hours. Cars were diverted to eastbound I-8 while officers investigated the accident.
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/m...bn04fatal.html

news report: http://www.kfmb.com/stories/story.72340.html#

hopefully it's not one of us

Last edited by JoeyM3; Dec 4, 2006 at 08:43 AM.
Old Dec 4, 2006, 09:54 AM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
this kind of **** makes my blood boil... stupid dumb**** driving like an *** and ends up killing an innocent person....

EDIT: some follow-up on the identity of the driver and woman killed:

http://www.10news.com/news/10457100/...=sand&psp=news

Last edited by nigletsyz; Dec 7, 2006 at 03:45 PM.
Old Dec 4, 2006, 10:01 AM
Evolved Member

Damn...look at the rear right of that car, it's completely mangled and crushed like paper.
Old Dec 4, 2006, 10:07 AM
Evolved Member

RIP

BE SAFE everyone
Old Dec 4, 2006, 10:27 AM
Evolving Member

ahh here it is.

lame *** accident. RIP for sure, and please people, be SMART!!!! This gets worse and worse it seems each time. And it eventually will effect us all. Last thing we need is Evo to be profile more than they are.
Old Dec 4, 2006, 10:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
On almost every newstory about a crashed evo I see, I usually read that "alcohol AND speed" may be a factor. I really think its mostly speed and people just dont realize how fast you can shuffle around in an evo without knowing it.

On a good note. One less evo on the streets may our car a litter rarer. YAY!!
Old Dec 4, 2006, 10:43 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by gregfromblur
ahh here it is.

lame *** accident. RIP for sure, and please people, be SMART!!!! This gets worse and worse it seems each time. And it eventually will effect us all. Last thing we need is Evo to be profile more than they are.
+1 I hope the driver gets what he deserves.. (jail-time)
Old Dec 4, 2006, 10:51 AM

Man, I seriously hate it when stupid people do things like this and give the Evo bad rep with insurance companies... Not to mention killing passengers who have no choice once they're in the car... I really hope that these people grow up and learn to control their cars and that the only place to go fast is on the track.
Old Dec 4, 2006, 11:03 AM
Evolved Member

i wonder how fast "high speed" really was at the time of the accident. too bad the passenger had to take the toll for the driver's mistake. dd anyone?

hey joey, i saw you turn up villa la jolla when i was driving the shuttle. when did you get an exhaust, which brand? it looks good and sounds quiet.
Old Dec 4, 2006, 11:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Guys the important thing to think about right now is the people who are in critical condition and the familes. Whats done is done we cant cry over spilled milk. But what we can do is pray for the loved ones effected by this tragedy.
Old Dec 4, 2006, 01:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SlyEvo
i wonder how fast "high speed" really was at the time of the accident. too bad the passenger had to take the toll for the driver's mistake. dd anyone?

hey joey, i saw you turn up villa la jolla when i was driving the shuttle. when did you get an exhaust, which brand? it looks good and sounds quiet.
hey you have the silver se with the jdm rear right? ive had the exhaust for a while, probably 2 weeks after i got the car lol. . . its just an hks cf/ti catback, more engine mods will come shortly, it wont be as quite anymore
Old Dec 4, 2006, 01:29 PM
Evolving Member

That EVO is completely nothing now. Wow that is a personal worst condition that I have seen a wrecked Evo in.
Old Dec 4, 2006, 07:46 PM
Evolving Member

The loss of life is tragic and my heart goes out to the families of those who were killed in the crash. If the driver was drunk, I hope he fries. If he wasn't, he will live with the guilt of the pain he caused for the rest of his life.

Stories like this really hurt the Evo community as a whole because insurance companies use this to justify the obscene premiums they make us pay. Evo's are already the most expensive car around to insure as it is. All of us should drive safely and show that it's not the car that causes crap like this but the driver who cannot handle how much car an Evo really is...
Old Dec 7, 2006, 03:05 PM
Evolving Member

ph ****.......just the attention we need.
Old Dec 7, 2006, 03:11 PM
Evolved Member

damn.. thats terrible

rip..

i feel horrible