Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

Who Stocks Bridgestone RE-01R Locally?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2008, 06:46 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who Stocks Bridgestone RE-01R Locally?

Yeah, you can get them drop shipped from Tire Rack to your favorite installer or maybe you have all the tools necessary to mount & install them yourself (!)

But, if you're super lazy, you wanna just call up, drive up, get the tires put on, balanced, pay for them all, and drive out.

Anyone know what local shops in Vegas can do this? I think I've called Ted Weins, Discount Tire, Big O, Firebird, and just about every other chain place.

They don't have it in stock and they've have to order it, blah, blah, blah.

Any ideas?
Old Feb 4, 2008, 12:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
They are pretty much on National back order because they are so popular and plus tirerack bought out pretty much all that where left. I work for Bridgestone so I know. Mine had to be shipped from Tirerack to my store like you said, you may get lucky and find a set but I highly highly doubt it. Most any Bridgestone store does not stock these tires as not that many sell and the mark up is not alot compared to some of the other tires (less profit). Best bet is to probably contact Tirerack or wait until the new RE11 (I believe thats the right name) comes out, which will probably be forever
Old Feb 4, 2008, 05:49 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Only 1-2 business days shipped from our Reno location.
Old Feb 9, 2008, 08:02 PM

I work in a firestone store here in cincinnati. i actually just order re 01r's from wharehouse in tenesee. i installed them just the other day. they are 245/45/17. So they are available in sizes. My recomendation is go to your local firestone store. They should be able to get them for you. Now of course i do agree with dbsears. there is not alot less margin which leads to less profit. So no one in there right mind would stock them. But they are available somewhere somehow. The sad thing is that major dealers like tire rack have much more availability from the manufacturer because the do millions of tires a year. Where as a firestone store has less availability because they do less tires than the wholesalers. it doesn't make a whole lot of sense being that i am the factory dealer but from a business stance it does.So..................Moral of the story is that they are there just keep looking.

Give firestone a call they should definatley be able to find them. plus they offer lifetime alignment which will savelots of money if you are modifying suspension. Also do not over estimate the need for protect which is our road hazard plan. expecially with the tires not having a mileage warranty blow outs nails punctures expecially racing........ save you money in the long run. good luck on your journey finding them.

by the way these tires are absolutley worth every penny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Feb 10, 2008, 01:49 PM
jaz

How long did places like Discount Tire tell you it would take to order? Last set I got from DT took 2 days to show up, that's not so bad.
Old Feb 10, 2008, 02:35 PM
Evolving Member

try townfair tire they usually have alot in stock
Old Feb 10, 2008, 06:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by afmafia
try townfair tire they usually have alot in stock
He said local bud. Townfair is a New England chain.

Order from Tirerack, whats so hard about that? If you're lazy, its probably easier to order from Tirerack and have them drop shipped to an installer than run to store after store looking for the RE-01R.