Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

WANTED: test drive in California. Will pay $300 + gas and lunch

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2003, 11:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WANTED: test drive in California. Will pay $300 + gas and lunch

Hey everybody. I'm seriously considering an Evo, but have not had the chance to drive one yet. My background in cars is a '96 Integra GSR, '95 Supra Twin Turbo, and '93 300ZXTT with TD04's. All three cars were manual transmissions, and I have been to two driver's schools (Buttonwillow performance clinic and BMWCCA classroom time in Las Vegas).

This is a big decision for me, and I'd like to be able to drive an Evo for about 30 minutes to an hour, gently. I won't abuse your clutch doing high rpm launches, and I won't risk running off the road by driving near the limit. Mainly I want to get a feel for the car's steering weight and feedback, shifting and clutch feel, interior noise level, and the general handling on twisty roads.

I'll drive anywhere in Southern California (or fly to the Bay area) to meet you, pay for the gas we use up, buy you lunch, and pay $300 for a one hour test drive of no more than 75 miles. So if you're in San Diego, Orange County, Los Angeles, the bay area, or even Seattle Washington (my sis lives there), please get in touch. You can post here or e-mail me at creeves19@aol.com (put "Evo test drive" in the subject line), or call me any time at 909 347 5618 (please leave voice mail if I can't pick up).

I'm 25, level headed, and of course have a driver's license and insurance (I'll bring my insurance documents and license of course).

thanks,

Chris
Old Jul 29, 2003, 11:56 PM
In Timeout

wow, If I had an evo, I'd let ya.... good luck!
Old Jul 29, 2003, 11:57 PM

Oh, let me add Phoenix AZ and Las Vegas NV to places I can meet.

If you're going to be at a racetrack, even better. Perhaps we could work out a per-lap fee for driving your car (with you in it of course).
Old Jul 30, 2003, 12:00 AM
Evolved Member

thats a pretty interesting offer...

i dont know whether or not to raise a flag on this one or not.. from what ive heard, dealers are allowing test drives these days.
Old Jul 30, 2003, 12:01 AM
Evolved Member

I'd say just buy an evo and just give me 300bucks and I'll take home the lunch Saves you lots of time and airplane ticket too! j/k good luck on finding a volunteer and let us know how you like the evo... It has to be bone stock right? No upgrades of some sort I guess.
Old Jul 30, 2003, 12:02 AM
Evolved Member

this is so unfair....why evo....
come test drive my OZ and $200 will be good..
Old Jul 30, 2003, 12:09 AM

LOL, no need for the B.S. flag, I'm quite serious. Dealer test drives aren't that great. The cars are still in break-in, so you can't rev them too high, and you can't drive them long enough.

Yes, stock would be better than modded for testing purposes.

Hey Vanilla Sky - Burbank isn't that far for me. If you want to volunteer I will be extremely careful with your car. Plus Angeles Crest highway is near you.

I'm getting more picky in terms of the kind of handling experience I want. The E36 M3 and NSX were on my short list until the Evo came out, and so I really need to drive this car. Its predictable handling, fast steering, and supposed stable nature sound very appealing. Plus of course, I can go skiing with it and haul groceries.
Old Jul 30, 2003, 12:11 AM
Evolved Member

this is very tempting... but i think ill pass

PM IS2000.. he is also in burbank/n. hollywood - finders fee of 50 bucks. no just kidding
Old Jul 30, 2003, 12:18 AM
Evolving Member

What kind of car do you drive now?
Old Jul 30, 2003, 12:24 AM

I just sold my '93 300ZX a few weeks ago. i want something with a more nimble and tossable nature, more precise steering with better feedback, and at the same time, a more stable vehicle through mid-corner bumps and irregularities in the pavement. Something that is stable and predictable at the limit. I plan to spend a lot of time at driver's schools and tracks, and so a new, track-ready, reliable (compared to older, used sports cars) car is what I need.

Right this minute I'm borrowing a minivan. =)
Old Jul 30, 2003, 12:26 AM

fresno to far?
Old Jul 30, 2003, 12:28 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Chris Reeves
LOL, no need for the B.S. flag, I'm quite serious. Dealer test drives aren't that great. The cars are still in break-in, so you can't rev them too high, and you can't drive them long enough.

Yes, stock would be better than modded for testing purposes.

Hey Vanilla Sky - Burbank isn't that far for me. If you want to volunteer I will be extremely careful with your car. Plus Angeles Crest highway is near you.

I'm getting more picky in terms of the kind of handling experience I want. The E36 M3 and NSX were on my short list until the Evo came out, and so I really need to drive this car. Its predictable handling, fast steering, and supposed stable nature sound very appealing. Plus of course, I can go skiing with it and haul groceries.
Hey

I'll gladly let u test drive if u want to come to florida.

Ben
Old Jul 30, 2003, 12:30 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Chris Reeves
I just sold my '93 300ZX a few weeks ago. i want something with a more nimble and tossable nature, more precise steering with better feedback, and at the same time, a more stable vehicle through mid-corner bumps and irregularities in the pavement. Something that is stable and predictable at the limit. I plan to spend a lot of time at driver's schools and tracks, and so a new, track-ready, reliable (compared to older, used sports cars) car is what I need.

Right this minute I'm borrowing a minivan. =)
Hmmm... shame... I might've let you test drive if you had some good collateral, like a 300ZX TT or BPU+ or something the rather.
Old Jul 30, 2003, 12:30 AM

Hi CidE, thanks for the offer, I appreciate it. If no one closer works out I'll take you up on it. Phoenix, Vegas, and those other cities I mentioned have easy airport access via Southwest Airlines. i checked and I guess SW doesn't fly to Fresno. I might just drive up there though if I have to. Thanks again for offering.
Old Jul 30, 2003, 12:31 AM

Hey DrMosh, how about a silver '00 540i sport with M5 wheels on Potenza S03's?

Quick Reply: WANTED: test drive in California. Will pay $300 + gas and lunch