Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

statewide Lancer/Evolution meet 9/20-9/21

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2003, 08:36 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool statewide Lancer/Evolution meet 9/20-9/21

Well...it's that time once again.
Now most of you remember or have heard of the first ever
California statewide Lancer meet (CaLSLAM) earlier this year in Fresno.Myself and others did all we could to make it rememberable as it could be from sponcership from RRM , RMR , Omega-13 who all gave us stuff to raffle off from intakes to t-shirts and all between.Since then people have been asking
me when will Ihold the next one.And it is offical...the time is now.

Offically sponcered by RoadRace , Works , and now KINGSFORD CHARCOAL

With help from S.C.L.C. and Team Slam

When?- Sept 20-21 all weekend

Where?-Central coast California between Morro Bay and San Simeon
http://www.hearstcastle.org/visitors...directions.asp

What?-too much fun

Day 1-Since everyone is coming from all over the state there is no
offical start time but i will be there from around 10:00am to
greet all.The meet-up will be at Morro rock at Morro Bay state beach.We will meet-up and BBQ all day along with all kinds of beach fun.If your a waterdog bring your surfboards or boogieboards.If you skate bring your board , there is a good skatepark there too.We will enjoy the beach till late afternoon.

Day 1 (night)-Day 2 (morning)-I have gotten us campgrounds at San Simeon campgrounds.The price for camping will be around $5-$10 , they have full bathrooms and such there.I am also looking into getting a group rate at local hotels for you not wanting to camp(details to come)

Day 2 (morning)-We will head out around 10:00am for a little backroad/ranch
run through the windey curvey backroads all along the central coast.We will also stop for a killer photo-op on the cliffs overlooking the Pacific.

Day 2 (offical meet)-We will hold the offical meet at Hearst state beach starting at high noon. http://www.hearstcastle.org/visitors...tate_beach.asp
There we will have fun all day with a BBQ and
other fun.We will also be haveing the first ever Lancer/Evolution SUMO contest...Yes you read correctly...SUMO.I have gotten us some sumo suits to enjoy.The contest will be between 1:00 and 3:00 and for only $1 per fight per person you can take out all that junk deep inside you and have fun with friends.There will also be a trophy for the winner.More and more fun will be added as it becomes final.

Now so far RoadRace has confirmed that they will be along as one of our sponcers and have offered to donate some swag to raffle off.The WORKS crew have also joined as sponcers but we'll have to wait to see what they have up their sleeve.RMR helped us at our last meet but haven't recieved a email back from them but I'm sure they will join.

The Officers of the S.C.L.C have been in contact with me and we are makeing it to co-inside with their annual meet so i hope to see you all.Team SLAM are also on the line-up.Now there arnt big clubs like these all over California
so come out and show your pride in your car and your city.

Keep a close eye out for updates and a list of those attending
(please don't make or coppy and post the list , simply PM me and I'll add you to it)

For any info or questions feel free to PM , Email or even phone me 1-805-995-0655

Hope to see you there

Last edited by trance; Sep 4, 2003 at 06:23 PM.
Old Aug 16, 2003, 11:56 AM
Evolving Member

For you who wern't around or didn't attend the first statewide meet here is some links to pics of the fun and cars https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...s&pagenumber=2
and rhyzer's pics http://home.earthlink.net/~rhyzer149/calslamv1/
now that the clubs and with the introduction of the Evolution to the states we hope to triple the attendance if not more.
Old Aug 16, 2003, 09:45 PM
Evolving Member

im in =)
Old Aug 16, 2003, 10:55 PM
Evolving Member

im going to try and go my 18 birthday is the weekend before so time for celebration ill let you know
Old Aug 16, 2003, 11:41 PM
Bomb Squad Unit #02

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Convoy from So Cali to this meet <CLICK HERE>

I'm definitely in. This will count as our September meet for SCLC and we hope socalevo.net will make this an official meet of theirs as well. See you there Troie!
Old Aug 17, 2003, 02:25 AM
Evolved Member

I'm there..

Last edited by drummerjun; Sep 14, 2003 at 06:51 PM.
Old Aug 17, 2003, 08:32 AM
Evolving Member

Can't make it, going to be in Vegas the 18th-21st.
Old Aug 17, 2003, 08:45 AM
Evolving Member

Link...you cruising up in the Lancer or the MR2?still to this day i haven't seen your lancer
Old Aug 17, 2003, 08:58 AM
Evolving Member

it will be the lancer, mostly stock of course

Old Aug 17, 2003, 09:27 AM
Bomb Squad Unit #02

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by drummerjun
Can someone bring me a hot asian girl for me to spend the night with?
I'm afraid of the dark...
I was hoping you'd bring Jaye As usual, I'll be attending even if I can't sucker... I mean persuade a girl into coming up with me.
Old Aug 17, 2003, 09:38 AM
Evolved Member

i am there too. count me in
Old Aug 17, 2003, 06:02 PM
In Timeout

If it's a Statewide Meet, then it's CAL SLAM. If it's a local meet where Lancer's just happen to be joining from across the state, then it's whatever you want it to be. Remember, we've all got roots. Cut the roots and you kill the whole tree.

SCLC won't officially recognize CAL SLAM FINAL STAGE which, I may add, will be organized specifically with SoCal peeps in mind, in conjuction with a club rally in SoCal.

In any case, Troie was instrumental in organizing a successful CAL SLAM STAGE I. California Statewide Lancer Association Meet will provide full support of his activities. We will contribute some surprise gifts and promotional items and we'll also provide network contacts including SCCA racing, WORKS R&D and EL CERRITO MITSUBISHI merchandising... More to come.

Troie, for the only Lancer in your city, you, my surfer friend, certainly make some big waves.
Old Aug 17, 2003, 06:20 PM
Evolving Member

Well...no offence to anyone but this is not a "total" Cal SLAM meet no is it a SCLC meet , or any other single club for that matter.I am fully organizeing this meet and all the money is comming out of my pockets to make this a little something for everyone.The SCLC just happen to make it their monthly meet since it is falling along the same time as their regular meet.If anyone feels the need to give it a name (wich I haven't had any need to label it yet since I am not makeing any money from it) then call it the "Lancer/Evo Beach Bash" or the "Gathering in the Middle"or what ever you wish for now.
For all purposes this is for one thing and one thing only...
"FUN"
simple as that.
Old Aug 17, 2003, 06:28 PM
Evolving Member

Offical Attendance List

Offical List
(so far)

(please there is no need to copy and post in the thread simply drop me a pm or say your attending on the thread and I'll add you)

1.trance
2.link286xt
3.urbanknight
4.drummerman
5.guru del
6.teamslamdotcom
7.Rustman
8. 1DVSOZ

also please give me a heads up if you are planning on camping in case i need to reserve any more sites.

Camping list

1.trance (maybe guest)
2.guru del +1
3.teamslamdotcom +2
4.urbanknight (+1 maybe)
5. 1DVSOZ
6.Works crew

and here are links for directions
from south http://www.mapquest.com/directions/m...&lr=2&x=44&y=7
from north http://www.mapquest.com/directions/m...&lr=2&x=13&y=7
from north you can also take PCH the entire way...it will take longer but you will enjoy the best part of PCH

Last edited by trance; Sep 1, 2003 at 10:59 AM.
Old Aug 17, 2003, 07:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by TeamSlamDotCom
SCLC won't officially recognize CAL SLAM FINAL STAGE which, I may add, will be organized specifically with SoCal peeps in mind, in conjuction with a club rally in SoCal.
No offense Stew but making statements like that deffinitly will sway the vote once we bring this up at the officers meeting. Anyways SCLC does recognize the fact that you are having a meet. Whether or not SCLC makes it their official meet for that month has yet to be determined.

Troie, I will be there for sure and as for your request I will be camping.

Quick Reply: statewide Lancer/Evolution meet 9/20-9/21