Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

Evo owners in Cali and illegal mods

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2008, 10:15 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well i have been pulled over for several things. the look of the car didnt help. the most recent was, stopping on the line at a light and not before it. In all cases i got warnings. However, in all cases my car was covered in mud. A mud covered evo does not really fit in newport beach. Personally i think the cops were bored. each one of the last 3 pull overs the officers were really nice. Only one asked me to pop the hood. He was rather impressed. He even gave me a rundown on things i would need to change to be legal in cali. lol
Old Jul 9, 2008, 10:53 AM
Evolving Member

delete duplicat

Last edited by bzzbee2; Jul 9, 2008 at 10:53 AM. Reason: duplicate post
Old Jul 9, 2008, 06:45 PM
Evolving Member

BACK IN YOUR HOLE RALLY BOI!!!

seriously though i read that entire thread... yay insomnia. there was a post were the showed the memo stating vehicles with any of the following are to be inspected.... in the list was "gt style wing", FMIC, large exhaust tip. Stock evos hit all of those.. there were others as well, i just cant remember atm.

yes its a dick move to pull over all the evos they see, yes the OP is a dumbass, yes the leo's in Scal can be dumbasses. the difference is leos are allowed to be. When so many people dive the way they do, your going to get profiled and yes thats still legal to do.

I'm glad th 08 GTS looks like my X and the cops dont even look at me

Last edited by Gexxer; Jul 12, 2008 at 06:19 PM. Reason: spelling ftl
Old Jul 10, 2008, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Gexxer
BACK IN YOUR HOLY RALLY NOI!!!

seriously though i read that entire thread... yay insomnia. there was a post were the showed the memo stating vehicles with any of the following are to be inspected.... in the list was "gt style wing", FMIC, large exhaust tip. Stock evos hit all of those.. there were others as well, i just cant remember atm.

yes its a dick move to pull over all the evos they see, yes the OP is a dumbass, yes the leo's in Scal can be dumbasses. the difference is leos are allowed to be. When so many people dive the way they do, your going to get profiled and yes thats still legal to do.

I'm glad th 08 GTS looks like my X and the cops dont even look at me
You know what, that's a valid point. On the other hand, those with non-Evos' may get harassed more often
Old Jul 12, 2008, 03:19 PM
Evolving Member

you guys need to learn your vechile code here in cali and if your smart you will fight it in court if you believe you were wrongly accused. Now if you do have ilegal mods then your writing your own death warrent but if you have totally legal parts you are well within your rights to fight. orange county police officers have been getting much better at what to look for and what to actually cite you for the most counties it will take time but it will get better especially if you go to court and fight it
Old Jul 12, 2008, 03:35 PM
Evolving Member

I suggest you go to the DMV and buy a copy of the California vehicle code book. It's pretty easy to follow and do your homework on what you can/can't do to your car. The book is like $8. I bought one in 2002 and have gotten out of "undeserved" tickets. If you know you're right don't even argue with the cop......just go to court and you'll be fine. Again.....make sure you know what you're talkin about. Good luck