Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

SoCalEvo Meet #3 this SUNDAY

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2003, 06:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This was my first meet. Well, part of it that is...sord of ran into you guys on Mulholland when the convoy was waiting up for ponch to write up the tickets. Sorry about the tickets and the flat Rich.

Thanks to the people who organized the event. It was nice meeting all of you. I'm heading off for school in a week...hold a spot in the meets for me when I get back next summer...
Old Sep 7, 2003, 06:55 PM
Evolving Member

That was a total trip seeing him come up through there. He put up both of his hands in the air and flashed peace signs at us and honked his horn! I felt good for a few seconds, then looked back to my left and realized I was still getting a ticket! Did he signal or wave to any of the guys who were waiting on the side of the road for us?? Oh, and I have no idea what he was driving. Whatever it was it was OLD, and sweet!
Old Sep 7, 2003, 06:57 PM
Evolving Member

Ericomundo, you were the guy in the white EVO right? Did you come to lunch with us too? If you did, I feel like an ***, 'cause I never introduced myself. DAMN!
Old Sep 7, 2003, 07:32 PM
Evolving Member

Jay was driving some kind of Chitty-Chitty-Bang-Bang vehicle. I don't know what it was, but it looked sweet, and sounded deep, like there was quite a bit of power lurking under the hood.

-Josh
Old Sep 7, 2003, 07:59 PM
NRG
Evolving Member

What can I say "COOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLL"........That was a very good turnout..........Rich is the ultimate coordinator even though the caravan got a little lost, ...But no one drives the canyon like Rich can........

It was nice meeting all of you guys and hope to see you guys for the next meet. But don't feel shy to call us LA boys when you guys just wanna cruise or something. HOpefully this time we won't get pulled over......
Old Sep 7, 2003, 08:23 PM

Originally posted by ricardon
Ericomundo, you were the guy in the white EVO right? Did you come to lunch with us too? If you did, I feel like an ***, 'cause I never introduced myself. DAMN!
Yea that was me in the white EVO. And yea, I tagged along for lunch as well. I should have introduced myself to ya -- was too excited seeing so many EVOs -- so sorry about that. No worries though. If you're planning on doing some more canyon runs before the 17th maybe we can meet up then.

Lesson learned: patting motion of the hand = slow down, cops ahead; and a thumbs up = let 'er rip!
Old Sep 7, 2003, 08:25 PM
Evolved Member

Awesome meet, guys and girls. Waking up early and driving almost 2 hours was such worth it. I had to admit, i think this canyon run was so freaking intense and breath taking experience for me and my wife who got so dizzy each time we drive. Those tight turns and cliffs without guard rail sure is scary but after we finished, we both feel good and can't hardly believe we drove there. It was an extraordinary experience for me behind the wheel. Never in my entire life have I driven like today. It was all cool. Nice to see new faces and lots of Evo showed up. I feel sorry for the 3 musketeers who got pulled over. We underestimate the canyon run with cops. Hopefully, this will be the first and last we should get pulled over. We don't need this while we're enjoying our time driving our Evo's, right? Oh yeah, on our way back home at 405 freeway, a silver G35 raced me with the traffic on our way. We were going 140mph for bout 1-2 minutes I think. My wife was yelling at me to slow down coz she might think we might get pulled over by cops. So I did slow down to 70mph and the guy on G35 and I gave our thumbs up. Oh well, I guess we'll have to wait another month. Just keep on enjoying your Evo's.

Peace to yall,
Noel

BTW, thanks Rich and Rob for making our meet run smooth and well. You guys deserve all the credits.
Old Sep 7, 2003, 08:37 PM
Evolving Member

Damn! Thanks for the props!! I'd hesitate, A LOT, before I said that no one drives the canyons like me, I just drive that exact route a bunch. One of these days I'll be able to keep up with Jeff (apexstrafer) hahahaha. Can't wait to get my new tires so I can go back out again. I just could'nt pass up the meet, especially since I talked so much smack about how cool the canyon was. I guess I should'nt have run it so much in the last couple of weeks. I thoroughly expected that my tires would fail, I'm surprised that I lost only one, errr so far, and I truly thought that they would come apart during the run, not after. My dumbass still didn't put the spare in my trunk, thanks guys for bailing me out of that tight spot there! Once again, I'm glad that I was able to share a little bit of what Jeff and I do up here all the time, and sad that I got to share a little bit of the "Rich curse" with Roy and Josh...we are now brothers!!! I'll stick to my usual night runs now hehehe, and go sloooooooow on that section of mulholland from now on. I was watching the video (the camera shut off so I didn't get ANY of the footage when the camera was mounted facing the rear...what a bust), and I saw where the officer was sitting...game over. We had no chance. It's funny though, seeing all the rest of the convoy drive by very slowly one by one.
Old Sep 7, 2003, 08:53 PM
In Timeout

That was so fun but did anyone notice the motorcycles trying to tell us about the chp up ahead? me and chis(fear the 909) boned out right and hide by some houses. Mark is there any damage to ur evo? it look like you smaked that bank pretty hard when you flipped that *****. sry i couldnt continue I had to take my friend to huntington beach, next time i will stay the whole time.
Old Sep 7, 2003, 09:06 PM
Evolving Member

What a great meet put 245 miles on the EVO today and had a grin on my face all day *first time in a year*. Thanks to all that put this meet together and all the SOCALEVO's for welcoming me with open arms. It was great to see so many people with the same love for the EVO as I do.

I never realy tested the limits of htis car but let me tell u im and so happy. After the canyon run I was just as excited as the first time I got laid LOL. NOthing like alittle HEal and toe action and 3 wheel motion and 4 wheel drift and the bark of the turbo

I hope to do this again some time real soon. I just wish some of the local rednecks in riverside had EVO's I will have pics up in a few min

Last edited by CACalomino; Sep 7, 2003 at 09:10 PM.
Old Sep 7, 2003, 09:59 PM
Evolving Member

Here is a link to all the pics I took some are doubles had a prob uploading http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4289181185

Here is
Old Sep 7, 2003, 10:10 PM
Evolving Member

Damn dude, nice pics, and nice pics of my three wheeled eeevooo hahaha. I'm gonna get up early tomorrow to see if any more are flat from slow leaks. There is NOTHING left on the remaining three lol. Damnit get those Michelin Pilot Sport Cups in stock!!!!
Old Sep 8, 2003, 03:22 AM

awesome turn out!!! Those canyons were insane!! Jay Leno ROXORS!
Old Sep 8, 2003, 06:36 AM

missed it again:(

Wish I could have been there but I didnt see the post until Saturday night. Someday I will get to make it to a meet!
Old Sep 8, 2003, 07:54 AM
Evolved Member

Great meet guys!! I was really suprised we had such a great turnout for such a late notice. Next time we'll have everything planned earlier. In about two weeks we'll post up the info for meet #4. Great work on the canyon run Rich! Everything tied together seamlessly. I had such a blast there with you guys. I'm really proud of how great of a club we have. When the guys got nabbed by the cop, everyone waited around for them no matter how long it took. When I mentioned setting up a donation fund for helping them pay for tickets, I was really impressed with how many people were totally wanting to help out. It was also cool when Rich got a flat and everyone wanted to wait for him even though Jimmy offered to lead us to the meeting point. I think we have the best evo club in the nation with a lot of geniune gearhead guys (and girls) that know how to have a good time and mingle!

I can't tell you how amazing it is to see a line of 16 or 17 evos wrapping through a canyon like a roller coaster ride. I hope someone got it all on video and we have more pictures, especially of all the evos lined up trying to get on PCH from the canyon. We were sitting on the side of PCH waiting for everyone and it was so cool to see a huge line of evos wrapping up the side of the hill as far as the road was visible.

AWESOME meet guys, let's make it even better next time!! I'm really looking forward to october!

Rob

If anyone wants to donate some money to help Rich, Josh, and Roy pay for their speeding tickets, just CLICK HERE to donate via PayPal.

I'll post a current update of how much money we've raised for them on SoCalEvo.net. After we're done collecting, I'll split the money 3 ways and send them each a check. Don't feel obligated to donate, I just feel that it could have been any one of us since we were all going over 40 on that canyon so I want to give us the opportunity to help our buddies out!

Last edited by Coolguy949; Sep 8, 2003 at 08:14 AM.

Quick Reply: SoCalEvo Meet #3 this SUNDAY