Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

Sac raceway class input wanted-

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2008, 11:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sac raceway class input wanted-

Guys, Chad Barber has done a good job with keeping the import racing alive at Sac raceway. We all need to voice our opinion as far as class rules go. I know alot of you guys are building some nice cars, and some will participate at Sacramento Raceway. Here is your chance to speak up and be heard. I hit 90% of the CMI events last year, and would like to see some sort of AWD specific class. I know its a bit out there, but the main thread is located on honda-tech.com 80% of the cars that participate at CMI events are honda's so you can see the relation. But us AWD folk are being called upon to voice our status. Please post up if you will be participating at Sac raceway events.

Thank you for your time,

Ted Marquez

MODS/Admins I apologize if this violates any rules as far as linking to other sites, but this is a crucial subject up here in norcal. It seems as if the import racing sport/hobby/what have you is dying down slowly. We need all the participation we can get.

Thank you for understanding.

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php...9#post36786199
Old Dec 23, 2008, 08:55 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I went to one CMI event early this year and participated. I vowed never to go back again. It seemed it was just one big cluster **** and overall the event lacked general orginization. Also the fact that every single Honda that went down the track seemed to break was also a big negative. But at the same time, i see that at every track day/event at SAC i go to.

My biggest problem with the event is that there isnt a class for a TRUE street car. The kind of car that gets drove to the event and back home. Full interior and COMPLETE exhaustand runs on pump gas. There are alot of people that are into the import sceene but choose not to participate because they dont have deep pockets to build an all out racecar. I choose to stay away because i feel that my low 12 sec daily driver cannot compete with the majority of the cars in the class i would be in. There is just a huge gap in classes and in cars that i know keeps people away from competing.

Maybe by creating an unlimited AWD class and a true street AWD class that requires cars to run a stock appearing turbo will open the doors for alot of new drivers/participants. If the event wants to continue on every year, i think you have to cator to cars other than gutted, exhaust less, trailored hondas.

Thanks for the post Ted. Hopefully the little feedback that i provided can be a little help.

Derek
Old Dec 27, 2008, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by jdowd
I went to one CMI event early this year and participated. I vowed never to go back again. It seemed it was just one big cluster **** and overall the event lacked general orginization. Also the fact that every single Honda that went down the track seemed to break was also a big negative. But at the same time, i see that at every track day/event at SAC i go to.

My biggest problem with the event is that there isnt a class for a TRUE street car. The kind of car that gets drove to the event and back home. Full interior and COMPLETE exhaustand runs on pump gas. There are alot of people that are into the import sceene but choose not to participate because they dont have deep pockets to build an all out racecar. I choose to stay away because i feel that my low 12 sec daily driver cannot compete with the majority of the cars in the class i would be in. There is just a huge gap in classes and in cars that i know keeps people away from competing.

Maybe by creating an unlimited AWD class and a true street AWD class that requires cars to run a stock appearing turbo will open the doors for alot of new drivers/participants. If the event wants to continue on every year, i think you have to cator to cars other than gutted, exhaust less, trailored hondas.

Thanks for the post Ted. Hopefully the little feedback that i provided can be a little help.

Derek
I know sac raceways tech is getting a bit more detailed and strict. Like I said in the honda-tech thread about catching at least 1 car that failed tech. It might have prevented an hours worth of cleanup. Maybe even saved a life.

The AWD class will follow BOTI's street tuners class rules found here. http://www.battleoftheimports.com/do...treettuner.pdf

Its as close to street as the awd class can get meeting everyone in the middle. You have racers like myself that have gone pretty far into building and gutting the car out. Now I have to put a glass hatch back on, and some interior back in. Whats to stop you from taking out your back seats?

This years AWD class will be a test of waters to see if we are interested.

I consider my DSM to be a street car. Power windows, locks, street tires, and a stereo. Is it street legal, no. Anything that isn't stock (per B.A.R.) is illegal. I have driven over ten thousand miles this year on the aluminum rod motor, and its been in there almost a year. Its a street car I say!

If CMI's arent your thing. Then BOTI will be. That has got to be the biggest and most organized event EVER to hit sac raceway. After the last BOTI, I saw a nice change in the way sac was run. The tech got a bit more strict, as well as the promptness on the P.A. system.

I understand your $$ situation. But this is something we choose to participate in. I built my car in the garage to save money, and learn from it. So far, its been great. But, as long as there is a track that attempts to cater towards the import crowd, I will support them as much as I can.
Old Jan 3, 2009, 08:29 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks for the response Ted. I will probly attend but not sure whether or not i will be participating. Either way, its good to see that there will be an AWD class. I know this will bring in alot more spectators and participants for the event. Best of luck to you out there.

Derek
Old Jan 4, 2009, 02:10 AM

Originally Posted by jdowd
Thanks for the response Ted. I will probly attend but not sure whether or not i will be participating. Either way, its good to see that there will be an AWD class. I know this will bring in alot more spectators and participants for the event. Best of luck to you out there.

Derek
I spoke with an audi/vw guy a few days ago about the class. Unfortunately he will not be ready for this cmi. But I believe some of the norcal folks from that camp will be attending. The better the mix, the more fun it will be. Two AWD cars ripping tires out the hole? Its gonna be a blast I'm sure.

You'll see the wyldkardz tent out there. Swing by, say whats up
Old Jan 7, 2009, 10:18 PM

We just need 8 cars to open up the class folks!
Old Mar 31, 2009, 12:11 PM

Just to give you guys an update. The AWD class IS going to be run. BUT!!! it will be combined with import RWD cars.

Keys here is FULL glass, dash and so far that seems to be it. Chad and tony are going to play this by ear so the more interest and participation in this class, the better we will be catered to.

Ah yes, the class is heads up. So run whatcha brung!
Old Mar 31, 2009, 05:21 PM
Evolved Member

I agree with many of the above posts about it being a cluster FU$K with no obvious orginization..Another thing that I really don't like is the bracket setup. Its not fun to line up with a 15sec. honda in a low 12 sec car. Time classes would be nice.