Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

***Official HI Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2011, 01:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
****, opportunity knocks only once, I cant Tell u how many times I've seen cars parked for months and it's obviously clear that individual is deployed.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 01:58 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
welp if it was Baby blue.. its got to be mine. As fas as i know i was the only one with this color on the island.. And it had some goodies in the trunk too.. Well hopefully i can figure something out. Thanks guys.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 02:01 PM

Why don't you call any of the satellite city halls and find out? The car was registered to you, right?
Old Dec 15, 2011, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by EvoVIII808
welp if it was Baby blue.. its got to be mine. As fas as i know i was the only one with this color on the island.. And it had some goodies in the trunk too.. Well hopefully i can figure something out. Thanks guys.
I heard someone bought it at the auction. Goodluck man. Hope you get your evo back. Ill fkn go nuutz if that was my car. Shoots
Old Dec 15, 2011, 04:17 PM

Hey out there... imma noob to the forum and got a evo on island. You guys still do the meets at starbucks in pearl city
Old Dec 15, 2011, 05:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by the7thsin
Why don't you call any of the satellite city halls and find out? The car was registered to you, right?
Yup yup, already ahead of you. The thing is I found out 5 months later. Now its time to track down who bought it, and get it back.

Thanks for the help guys, I knew someone would know where it could have gone.
Not many Evos on the island, and this is the only one in that color.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 05:41 PM

Glad to hear you're tracking it down. Good luck.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 06:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Mo your best bet is call HPD first. They can tell you which tow yard took it. Then call them and find out what they did with it. IDK how much the law will be on your side tho...
Old Dec 15, 2011, 07:15 PM

The law really isn't on your side. You are in a really tough spot unless they give you some leeway because you are serving.

In short, according to Haw. Rev. Stat. Section 290-11, the tow company will notify the registered owner at the address on record with the department of transportation. If the vehicle is not picked up within 30 days of the mailing of the notice, the car is deemed legally abandoned and can be sold at auction (pending proper public notice). After that, the car is gone. The tow company can keep the portion to cover its fees for towing, storing, etc. The rest of the proceeds are held for one year with the director of finance of Hawaii. The registered owner can file a claim with the director within one year of the sale of the vehicle and be given the balance of the sale proceeds. If you don't make a claim within one year of the sale, the proceeds go to the State. There is no provision allowing you to recover the car. Sorry.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 10:03 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SLO-EVO
Hey Mo your best bet is call HPD first. They can tell you which tow yard took it. Then call them and find out what they did with it. IDK how much the law will be on your side tho...
Ace towing towed it, but the call dropped mid way through. So I will try again another day.

The law really isn't on your side. You are in a really tough spot unless they give you some leeway because you are serving.

In short, according to Haw. Rev. Stat. Section 290-11, the tow company will notify the registered owner at the address on record with the department of transportation. If the vehicle is not picked up within 30 days of the mailing of the notice, the car is deemed legally abandoned and can be sold at auction (pending proper public notice). After that, the car is gone. The tow company can keep the portion to cover its fees for towing, storing, etc. The rest of the proceeds are held for one year with the director of finance of Hawaii. The registered owner can file a claim with the director within one year of the sale of the vehicle and be given the balance of the sale proceeds. If you don't make a claim within one year of the sale, the proceeds go to the State. There is no provision allowing you to recover the car. Sorry.
Yeah i remember reading that after 30 days it basically becomes state property. Ill see what strings I can pull. Hell if all else fails, he/she can keep the car.. but give me back my personal stuff, and all the mods.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 10:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvoVIII808
he/she can keep the car.. but give me back my personal stuff, and all the mods.
If you make that happen you must have found the only person on the island with aloha spirit... sorry man, but thats a VERY high hope
Old Dec 16, 2011, 07:35 PM

NEX meet tonight still going down?
Old Dec 16, 2011, 07:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by FA77EN
NEX meet tonight still going down?
today is the 16th... meet's tomorrow
Old Dec 16, 2011, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by robnval
today is the 16th... meet's tomorrow
Oh snap! my bad. See you guys tomoro!
Old Dec 16, 2011, 09:23 PM

Evo meet up at NEX Commisary Big Parking Lot December 17th Saturday 10PM! Spread the word! Everybody invited.

Quick Reply: ***Official HI Chat Thread***