Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

***Official HI Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2012, 12:03 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Damn if I didn't buy my R1... I would have been all over this!

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sa...60whp-gsr.html

Last edited by Madrican; Jan 24, 2012 at 03:22 PM.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 12:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Madrican
No matter how good your car buying skills are you will never get the price for a new Evo in CA. My boy brought a brand new 2010 X with SSS package for 29K in SoCal. Try that in Hawaii... the dealer here will LOL at you if you even mention 29K here. They were asking 40K for a basic X

Well things in Hawaii are generally more expensive. I figure I didn't need to compare here with anywhere else and that my point was being made as if you treat it as looking at only Hawaii since many more factors contribute to higher costs here. A new X isn't worth 40, regarding HERE, you can talk it down to 34 at best.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by FA77EN
Thats crazy! I saw Justin's car for sale too. Thats the exact one I wanted. White GSR.
Unfortunately I dont have $25K to drop. Im somewhat in the same situation that Blake was once in. I really wanted the White GSR but My wife at the time couldnt drive standard, and I was deploying soon. So I decided to purchase that car instead so we could share. Two months into my deployment while In Afghanistan I come to find out shes cheeking on me!! Ended up getting a divorce and now Im stock with that car...Sad Story..s
Dude that sucks... well if you need help getting your car sold I can help as well... Hopefully we can get you in something boosted soon..

Originally Posted by forc3 f3d
you got a X, justin?! ive been outta the loop. jeez
yeah are you still on island? you should come out to the meet this friday. Lmk if I can still offer you a good trade for that sexy EB IX
Old Jan 24, 2012, 02:11 PM

Just as a heads up although the meet this friday is an mitsubish evom meet and many of us may be attending the supra club will be coming too. As francis said at the bbq we are all car enthusiasts and I think we can all appreciate well built cars.

Last edited by Takashi02; Jan 24, 2012 at 07:44 PM.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 02:22 PM
Evolving Member

I see if i can make it out friday night.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 03:15 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ChaosSoldier
Well things in Hawaii are generally more expensive. I figure I didn't need to compare here with anywhere else and that my point was being made as if you treat it as looking at only Hawaii since many more factors contribute to higher costs here. A new X isn't worth 40, regarding HERE, you can talk it down to 34 at best.
Yes but why not buy the car straight from SoCal since its cheaper and pay the 1g to ship it? If you are thinking about the local part of the business Cutter Mits buys their cars from Socal from what I was told.

But anyways we went way off topic.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Takashi02
Just as a heads up although the meet this friday is an evo meet and many evos may be attending, i talked to wes from supra club and they are coming as well. As francis said at the bbq we are all car enthusiasts and I think we can all appreciate well built cars.

I'll come when I get an EVO!
Old Jan 24, 2012, 03:18 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Takashi02
Just as a heads up although the meet this friday is an evo meet and many evos may be attending, i talked to wes from supra club and they are coming as well. As francis said at the bbq we are all car enthusiasts and I think we can all appreciate well built cars.

What about well built motorcycles

I'll come out even though I don't have my Evo anymore . Should be easy for me to find a spot to park

Old Jan 24, 2012, 03:21 PM
Evolving Member

I'll come when I get an EVO!
Come out with your car ... I am showing up in a R1

Last edited by Madrican; Jan 24, 2012 at 03:24 PM.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 03:27 PM
Evolving Member

For those of you that remember Sean's Evo 8... here it is getting a fresh new look https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...treet-evo.html

He is running a WW X now
Old Jan 24, 2012, 07:46 PM

Fa77en sorry let me rephrase Mitsubishi/EVOM meet! DSM LANCER EVO doesnt matter come by!

btw supra club has 5 supra and its tuesday. lets have at least 20 cars
Old Jan 24, 2012, 07:46 PM

i-club may be joining too.. they roll 20 cars deep also contact list is updated we now have 40+ cars!!!!! send me more info to add to the list if you know anyone not on the list!!

808-542-5260
-Justin

Last edited by Takashi02; Jan 24, 2012 at 07:51 PM.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 09:42 PM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Madrican
Yes but why not buy the car straight from SoCal since its cheaper and pay the 1g to ship it? If you are thinking about the local part of the business Cutter Mits buys their cars from Socal from what I was told.

But anyways we went way off topic.
I'm no expert on how to ship cars to the islands, so that may just my ignorance on the matter. Even so, convenience also plays a small factor (or big one, varying from person to person) in how you want to spend your money. Is saving $6000 worth waiting weeks to buy a car, ship it down, and register it? Is saving $1000 worth it? It comes down to a matter of how much work one is willing to do for the price they can accept spending. I think that for me personally I'd rather buy locally (after haggling to an acceptable price) rather than have to go through much more work for a cheaper price that I may not even know of [how much money I'd be saving].

Don't think this goes off topic, as we only really have this thread to communicate. If it were a specific thread within a forum then it'd be a different matter.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 11:24 PM

I appreciate you taking the time to explain all this to me. I guess im just really impatient. I crave boost but didnt really realize how much time and money would be going to an unreliable build. I'll just wait for the right opportunity for an Evo.
That way, I know that the car can stand ridiculous and reliable modifications.
Nice. Im glad my info was able to help in some way. Waiting is a great idea. The Evo has lots of room for modification and is pretty good in every form of racing. Plus, you wont have to worry so much about boost levels compared to a NA car with a bolt on kit lol. Im glad I was able to explain this to you. There are STUPID people who just buy a Toyota Supra NA with the 2JZ-GE and theyre like "Dude, Im gonna drop the turbo in so its like the Supra TT." They dont realize that the 2JZ-GE and the 2JZ-GTE found in the Supra TT are different motors even though the blocks are identical.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by ChaosSoldier
I'm no expert on how to ship cars to the islands, so that may just my ignorance on the matter. Even so, convenience also plays a small factor (or big one, varying from person to person) in how you want to spend your money. Is saving $6000 worth waiting weeks to buy a car, ship it down, and register it? Is saving $1000 worth it? It comes down to a matter of how much work one is willing to do for the price they can accept spending. I think that for me personally I'd rather buy locally (after haggling to an acceptable price) rather than have to go through much more work for a cheaper price that I may not even know of [how much money I'd be saving].

Don't think this goes off topic, as we only really have this thread to communicate. If it were a specific thread within a forum then it'd be a different matter.
Oh I should share my experience with shipping my car from SoCal to Hawaii. About $1000 to ship here unless they increased the price and about 3 weeks to ship here. Somewhere along that but its not more than a month of waiting. Its not so bad. Buy your car and drive it around for a bit. Then drive your car to the harbor and fly home and wait. Hopefully you have fam in the Mainland to keep you company. I would pay extra attention to the car before you buy it cause they do some crazy mods and tuning in the Mainland. There are some cars there that you should just stay away from.

I dont think I can come out for a while now cause I just got another recon ticket for my "lowered suspension, exhaust and rims." WTF.............. I got the registration stopper this time too which is super lame cause my registration renewal is this month too.

Quick Reply: ***Official HI Chat Thread***