Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

***Official HI Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2012, 09:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lepps55
may 12th chris the ams tuner will be out here, the list is full but you can always get on the standby list. he did my first tune at like 1030 at night. it just costs a little more
aww...that sucks. I guess it'll be an email tune for the car.

///BREAK///

Rome,

How's your crew recruiting going? Might be interested in joining when i get back.

X MR
HKS IC kit
HKS down, mid, and legamax exhaust
UR test
AEM intake
Old Apr 9, 2012, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by MR_evoX

///BREAK///

Rome,

How's your crew recruiting going? Might be interested in joining when i get back.

X MR
HKS IC kit
HKS down, mid, and legamax exhaust
UR test
AEM intake

where are you.? I just got back from Afghanistan. The recruiting is going very good. I posted some pics on our first meet. Im scheduling activities and events for the team to do. So far we have a total of 8 cars. Send me your email and number so we can stay in touch. Also if you have any photos send them to full_spectrum_racing@yahoo.com
Old Apr 9, 2012, 12:04 PM

Sorry off-topic....

Any tuners coming to hawaii in the month of May? I'll be coming back from afghanistan and would to get my MR running smooth.
I was in kunar province, i just got back a week ago. Hopefully everything is going good. you can contact me @ full_spectrum_racing@yahoo.com.
stay safe and hopefully you will join F.S.R. see you when you get back
Old Apr 9, 2012, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Madrican
No difference!!! I had a AMS high flow cat and swap it out for a UR test pipe that my boy in CA hook me up with and the exhaust sounded the same. Only difference was maybe a tiny bit more flow and flames...
thanks jose! i'm not sure if i'm quite ready for the flames, so i'm leaning towards a high flow cat. next question would be about bungs. i see options that come with 1 and some that have 2. how do i decide on which option to go with? do i have to choose a tune first, then go based off of that?
Old Apr 9, 2012, 09:00 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dznutz177
thanks jose! i'm not sure if i'm quite ready for the flames, so i'm leaning towards a high flow cat. next question would be about bungs. i see options that come with 1 and some that have 2. how do i decide on which option to go with? do i have to choose a tune first, then go based off of that?
Having an extra bung on the HFC is nice especially if u r going to run wideband, so it all depends on your setup...some HFC/Test pipes comes with bungs that acts as sims so you dont throw a cel but if u r going to get tuned the tuner can put a patch to fix the cel or go old skool n back out the O2 w/ a sparkplug anti seize.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 01:35 AM

I'm at RC-Central. Got a month left and can't wait to drive my evo again.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 01:44 AM

I'm at RC-Central. Got a month left and can't wait to drive my evo again.

glad to hear your doing good. we have about 10 cars in the crew and waiting on you to get back. hopefully by then we will have 20 or more. I will be posting some pics up of the events that we go to and activities we do. be safe brother and hurry home.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 01:55 AM

Originally Posted by yellaevo
If anyone knows the kid with the purple 350z that is apart of the SMG club get at me. The last person that messaged me was a complete jackass and didn't solve anything.

i dont know who you are talking about, i just wanted to see if you would be interested in joining F.S.R. ..?
Old Apr 11, 2012, 02:29 AM

Exclamation

Originally Posted by EvolutionxMR808
I'M DOWN!!! I just picked up a 08 WW MR, Looking to hangout, talk story, and have some afternoon fun! I like to work on my evo all the time and would love help or to help others! Let me know whats up?
yea pm me with your mods list and contact info and i can give you updates on our events and upcoming activites
Old Apr 11, 2012, 10:37 AM

sure

Originally Posted by Rome-Evo
are you interested in joining F.S.R. ?
Yeah im down just lemme know what ya need
Old Apr 11, 2012, 11:42 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dznutz177
Bungs.... most high flow cats and test pipe will come with 2 bungs reason being 1 is for the stock O2 sensor and the other for wideband. My experience with O2 defoulers is that they don't work .

Your engine light will come on with a test pipe or even a high flow cat. With this just plug in accessport or openecu and turn off the rear o2 sensor.

Jose
Old Apr 11, 2012, 11:46 AM
Evolving Member

I have a little experience with email tunes... I worked with Mitch from AMS he does e-tunes as well as Mellon tuning. With Mellon you need a mbc with Mitch it doesn't matter. If I had a mbc I would have went with Mellon... he seems to push the car a little more. If you have a X check out Clipse here on the forums he works magic with the Mi-Vec system.

Jose
Old Apr 11, 2012, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by dee_yamaha
Having an extra bung on the HFC is nice especially if u r going to run wideband, so it all depends on your setup...some HFC/Test pipes comes with bungs that acts as sims so you dont throw a cel but if u r going to get tuned the tuner can put a patch to fix the cel or go old skool n back out the O2 w/ a sparkplug anti seize.
thanks dee! so in your opinion, wideband.....necessary, good to have, or depends on tuner?
Old Apr 11, 2012, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Madrican
Bungs.... most high flow cats and test pipe will come with 2 bungs reason being 1 is for the stock O2 sensor and the other for wideband. My experience with O2 defoulers is that they don't work .

Your engine light will come on with a test pipe or even a high flow cat. With this just plug in accessport or openecu and turn off the rear o2 sensor.

Jose
thanks jose! see what happens when i buy your exhaust. now you got me thinking of finishing it off.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Rome-Evo
Are you down for joining F.S.R. .? there a meet up on the 6th or 7th of april let me know what day and time you can make it.....
i'm interested, but let me ask this (i apologize for the noob question).....what's the rules/courtesy regarding crews? is it allowed to be in more than 1?

Quick Reply: ***Official HI Chat Thread***