Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

***Official HI Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2012, 11:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lepps55, I heard about your tune! Let me know if you need to get a spot for July tune.
Old May 16, 2012, 12:43 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by lepps55
Anyone needing safety text me at 8605146816 ill hook ya up
man!! i wish i saw this because i just got my safety inspection today!!
Old May 16, 2012, 02:43 AM

Evo Club of Hawaii

"Go forth and modify"
Attached Thumbnails ***Official HI Chat Thread***-sstp-1203-11-wekfest-honolulu-hi-evo.jpg   ***Official HI Chat Thread***-hellahi-15-600x397.jpg  
Old May 16, 2012, 07:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You can tint the front windshield at 70% IIRC.
Old May 16, 2012, 12:29 PM

^ Yeah, but unless you have an older car, it is impossible to tint the front windshield and have it meet the requirements. Most new cars have a slightly tinted front windows from the factory. I wanted to have the Evo and the ISF's front done with AIR Blue (which is basically a clear heat/UV blocker - rated at 80% visible light transfer), but even that pushed it over the legal limit.
Old May 16, 2012, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by stpkenton
someone hit the back of my car last night, and now the evo is down for the count for a while she will be back one day though............. i will try to post pics latter or you can check my facebook for pics
Hey Bro i saw the Pictures of your car from my friend Paul he works security here and i was pissed about it and its not even my car!!!! I would make MR Jag pay for all your repairs and then some!!!!
Old May 16, 2012, 02:49 PM

yeah bro

Originally Posted by SAD-EVO
Lepps55, I heard about your tune! Let me know if you need to get a spot for July tune.
Yeah bro nothing went well for me haha, I'm gonna go to sd for next tune. I just hope I'm still in port for it. I might wait though I'm basically done with every bolt on I can get so I may as well tune. lemme know if u still want that f-1 its kind of a ****ty install but I hope its worth it.
Old May 16, 2012, 10:41 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Slickwill
Hey Bro i saw the Pictures of your car from my friend Paul he works security here and i was pissed about it and its not even my car!!!! I would make MR Jag pay for all your repairs and then some!!!!
Thanks for the comment, but mr jag has no insurance so most likely no money....since he lives so close to me, i am just letting insurance deal with the crap. I dont need some *** coming over to my house and causing problems with my family. It sucks though, because wben its all said and done it will be about 1k out of my wallet!!!!! Family saftety is priceless imo
Old May 17, 2012, 02:09 AM

Originally Posted by stpkenton
Thanks for the comment, but mr jag has no insurance so most likely no money....since he lives so close to me, i am just letting insurance deal with the crap. I dont need some *** coming over to my house and causing problems with my family. It sucks though, because wben its all said and done it will be about 1k out of my wallet!!!!! Family saftety is priceless imo
Was there a police report? Cause Im wondering what happened to the guy if he had no insurance. Sucks that it had to end like this. Wishing everything turns out for the best.
Old May 17, 2012, 01:58 PM
Evolving Member

Anyone need this crap?

50 bucks each!

Stock GSR struts with Megan springs (2in drop)
AGP CAI
CNT Catted DP

Rob
Old May 18, 2012, 12:05 AM

whats up guys? Im due for a brake pad change on my 08 EVO X, I was told by someone i had to replace my rotors when i replace my pads i was like wtf not if the rotors are still good, so i was seeing if anyone knows what the right thing to do is and what the best pads and rotors if needed are for daily street driving? I called the dealer just to see what they recommend and they said they replace both at a price of $3500.00, now thats ridiculous Highway robbery for sure. Can someone help me out?
Old May 18, 2012, 12:10 AM
Evolving Member

WOW, your car is an MR I assume?
Old May 18, 2012, 03:28 AM

Originally Posted by wolford240
whats up guys? Im due for a brake pad change on my 08 EVO X, I was told by someone i had to replace my rotors when i replace my pads i was like wtf not if the rotors are still good, so i was seeing if anyone knows what the right thing to do is and what the best pads and rotors if needed are for daily street driving? I called the dealer just to see what they recommend and they said they replace both at a price of $3500.00, now thats ridiculous Highway robbery for sure. Can someone help me out?
your car is about 4+ years old...........you must not drive it a lot. Got the same and I've changed mine twice. First time was just pads and lines (optional - I put on ss lines and had my rotors resurfaced). Most recent was rotors and pads. First set of pads were project mu b-force. Pretty good initial bite and lasted for the most part of 2 years. Towards the end though they squealed a lot. Now running power slot rotors and pads. What you choose to run all depends on how you want your brakes to perform. If your car is a DD I wouldn't spend big money on parts that wear, but at the same time I wouldn't cheap out and find the most dodo parts out there just to save some money. Do your research. It'll not only get you the information you need to buy what you want, but also teach you a thing or two about them
Old May 18, 2012, 05:24 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by wolford240
You do not need to get new rotors if this is the first brake pad change out. I also wouldn't resurface the rotor, reason being the stock rotor are thin and has little material. A nice cleaning and rotation wire brush is good enough, unless your stock rotors has grooves in it then it needs to be resurfaced/replaced.

As far as brake pads go... if your car is a DD then I will shoot for Girodisc "Magic Pads" brake pads. Less brake dust and less noice.

Good luck,

Jose
Old May 18, 2012, 10:22 PM

i also need to get a bung welded for my o2 sensor anyone know a good and cheap place?

Quick Reply: ***Official HI Chat Thread***