Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

***Official HI Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2012, 10:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
I have been on vacation in Maui for a week and only saw a couple sti's. No Evos on this island?
Old Jul 9, 2012, 12:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think we need another meet! And maye a round island cruise or something. I've been out this past weekend and I it was pretty depressing seeing every other crew out but the DSM guys. The neon crew is getting bigger and bigger every week, just for example. When I look around, the dsm guys are no where in sight. The cars are built but never see the streets. I know there are tons of Evos and lancers on this island but it doesn't seem anyone likes to come out and show off what you've built. Im sure most of us have family now and are getting more and more busy with life. I don't think a couple hours a week meetin up with everyone is too much to ask. I don't on an Evo, but if I did, I'd make time every week to meet up and see what's good.
You can always find me in my N/A lancer out any time I get the chance. Let's face it guys. The Evo scene is slowly dying but you gotta remember there are still people out there who is wishing and waiting for the chance to become one of us.
Sorry, just getting some stuff off my mind.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 01:00 AM

Excuse my grammar. It's sortahard typing all that from an iPhone.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 01:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
set a date!! atleast a month out so we can schedule it. people who have badass camera's should come out and make a video or something. bbq/cruise make a whole day event.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by lostsoulsevo
set a date!! atleast a month out so we can schedule it. people who have badass camera's should come out and make a video or something. bbq/cruise make a whole day event.
Sounds good!
Just gotta find a good date!
Old Jul 9, 2012, 03:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dee_yamaha
Congrats to our Evo bros n sis for an Evo sweep in the Mitsu class!!

What you guys think of the FR-S / BRZ? I was so looking forward in seeing them after seeing the FT-86 prototypes....kind of disappointed on their looks, still need to drive it though. Event coverage checkout my gallery at www.hyrev.webs.com

Or at http://awesomesaucelifestyle.com
I only did a regular test drive of the FR-S out of curiosity. Power feels like the same you get from a Corolla so I wish it was a bit more powerful. I only did a regular test drive so the engine may be hiding its potential. RWD is nice and so is the tach being in the center. Definitely not worth the price. I thought Scion is supposed to have a non-bargain flat price for their cars. The one I drove had a 6k "Market Value" added to the price of the car. Its okay in my opinion. Our cars are fun, but I do miss driving NA cars built with handling in mind. Right now, even if I had the money, its something I wouldnt buy at the moment.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 03:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by FA77EN
Sounds good!
Just gotta find a good date!
memorial day weekend in september would be good!?
Old Jul 9, 2012, 05:24 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by lostsoulsevo
memorial day weekend in september would be good!?
The only problem with the evo meets was the leader, or the one organizing it. Fallen, if you take charge and set a date once a month or something then you will have some people come. The problem in the past was the military guys are taking over as leaders, we come and go! Just a imo....as im in the military too.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by stpkenton
The only problem with the evo meets was the leader, or the one organizing it. Fallen, if you take charge and set a date once a month or something then you will have some people come. The problem in the past was the military guys are taking over as leaders, we come and go! Just a imo....as im in the military too.
Sounds good bro. Im gonna do it!
I don't want to be seen as the leader of the group or anything like that. I am simply the person keeping track of meets and keeping everyone informed of upcoming meets and possibly food drives or what ever comes up. To be honest, I don't know much about boosting or tuning at all, but I feel that the more I surround myself with people who do know much about it , I may learn a few things. I'm sure that goes for a lot of people too.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 11:47 AM

What you guys think of the FR-S / BRZ? I was so looking forward in seeing them after seeing the FT-86 prototypes....kind of disappointed on their looks, still need to drive it though. Event coverage checkout my gallery at www.hyrev.webs.com

Dude, did you take those photos on hyrev yourself?
I didn't know spocom was even happening that night until an hour before it was over. How does one become a member I hyrev
Old Jul 9, 2012, 11:48 AM

Dude, did you take those photos on hyrev yourself?
I didn't know spocom was even happening that night until an hour before it was over. How does one become a member I hyrev?
Old Jul 9, 2012, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by CN9Adaiski
I only did a regular test drive of the FR-S out of curiosity. Power feels like the same you get from a Corolla so I wish it was a bit more powerful. I only did a regular test drive so the engine may be hiding its potential. RWD is nice and so is the tach being in the center. Definitely not worth the price. I thought Scion is supposed to have a non-bargain flat price for their cars. The one I drove had a 6k "Market Value" added to the price of the car. Its okay in my opinion. Our cars are fun, but I do miss driving NA cars built with handling in mind. Right now, even if I had the money, its something I wouldn't buy at the moment.
I own a NA car so I wouldn't really be able to feel the difference. I don't feel 200 hp is enough for a car that the media is hyping up so much. I can understand if it was pushing 270+ RWD. But then again, I haven't done my fair share of research on it. I feel like the next generation of the Fr-s will be more dominant.
IMO the car looks pretty beast but not enough power for the price. With the sticker price on the FR-S, you could purchase a baseline WRX and get a better bang for the buck.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 12:15 PM

As for the meet date, Id like the opinion of anyone who are interested in showing up to the next get-together. I want to work around everyone's schedule. Memorial day in September is pretty legit, but I'm looking to have one a lot sooner also. I am perfectly fine with weekly or bi-weekly meets.
With that being said. Who is down for a meet and cruise this up coming weekend?
Old Jul 9, 2012, 12:41 PM
Evolving Member

Any X guys looking for some wheels? I may part ways with another set of advan's very soon.... 19x10 bronze this time, with rubber... Under 500 miles on them
Old Jul 9, 2012, 01:09 PM

I'm down

Quick Reply: ***Official HI Chat Thread***