Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

***Official HI Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2012, 01:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FA77EN
I own a NA car so I wouldn't really be able to feel the difference. I don't feel 200 hp is enough for a car that the media is hyping up so much. I can understand if it was pushing 270+ RWD. But then again, I haven't done my fair share of research on it. I feel like the next generation of the Fr-s will be more dominant.
IMO the car looks pretty beast but not enough power for the price. With the sticker price on the FR-S, you could purchase a baseline WRX and get a better bang for the buck.
I miss NA because the engine revs up "naturally" through the RPM range. Most of the time its easy to predict the engine's behavior. Im glad I started off with an NA car first before getting into a car with more power because I was able to learn a lot of the driving dynamics the car had to offer. The lack of low end power on a turbo sometimes bugs me and I dont want to alter the rest of the engine's behavior to fix it. I cant help but smile when boost kicks in though.
The Toyota 86 is supposed to be a cheap RWD coupe with lightweight and weight balance in mind just like the old 83-86 Corolla was. I dont think its supposed to have a lot of power out of the box, but I wish it had a little more. Its close to the price of a WRX, but they are on different drivetrains so I guess it matters most on what you are looking for.
Just my opinion from what I can recall.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 01:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CN9Adaiski
I miss NA because the engine revs up "naturally" through the RPM range. Most of the time its easy to predict the engine's behavior. Im glad I started off with an NA car first before getting into a car with more power because I was able to learn a lot of the driving dynamics the car had to offer. The lack of low end power on a turbo sometimes bugs me and I dont want to alter the rest of the engine's behavior to fix it. I cant help but smile when boost kicks in though.
The Toyota 86 is supposed to be a cheap RWD coupe with lightweight and weight balance in mind just like the old 83-86 Corolla was. I dont think its supposed to have a lot of power out of the box, but I wish it had a little more. Its close to the price of a WRX, but they are on different drivetrains so I guess it matters most on what you are looking for.
Just my opinion from what I can recall.

I just learned something new today. Right on! I guess Im in the right direction then when it comes to NA and boosting. I guess you can say Im saving my boost virginity for the right time lol. Its gotta be Evo! Hopefully I can get into one in the next few months. Dont get me wrong, I freakin love my lancer but I need more power and a more stable building platform. Ive thought about turbo charging my lancer but that would be a waste of time and money.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by patronx
I'm down
Where are you live?
Have we meet before?
Old Jul 9, 2012, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by robnval
Any X guys looking for some wheels? I may part ways with another set of advan's very soon.... 19x10 bronze this time, with rubber... Under 500 miles on them
Any pics
Old Jul 9, 2012, 02:53 PM
Evolving Member

Shoot me your # n ill text u some... or on page 2 of the spocom pics, the evo x
Old Jul 9, 2012, 02:55 PM

Where are you live?
Have we meet before?
Let me know if there are any changes, if not see you tomorrow
Old Jul 9, 2012, 03:10 PM

Let me know if there are any changes, if not see you tomorrow
Sounds good
Old Jul 9, 2012, 03:46 PM
Evolving Member

Dude, did you take those photos on hyrev yourself?
I didn't know spocom was even happening that night until an hour before it was over. How does one become a member I hyrev?
Sup man, yeah those are my collection of pix from shows i've attended....i like taking pix n still learning.

I'm the president of HyRev, we been around since the 90s but we are very low-key n not many of us have show quality cars, most of us run old skool toyotas n trucks! We have no sponsors but we do get together once a quarter for a bbq...pm me if u need more info. Feel free to me a member on my page to chk for event coverage!
Old Jul 9, 2012, 07:16 PM
Evolving Member

Any pics
Here you go

Old Jul 9, 2012, 08:49 PM
Evolving Member

Hello everyone, sorry I have been gone from the meets. I have been on leave, work and also was going to deploy to afghan in sept, but those got cancelled. =). I know before I was setting up the meets and BBQ, I know I havent been doing my part. I do apologize for that. I have been tasked with so much things with work and also my family. I had to take time for my fam during the week which only the time we can get together. If someone can take the lead I more that happy to attend again, I just cant do it every weekend. maybe once a month or twice is good for me. But for this whole month of July I wont be able too, I have to work 7 days a week for the whole july due to RIMPAC.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 11:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
hahah yea RIMPAC!!! tired of supporting that ****.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 03:15 AM

Inprocessing...death by powerpoint...
*blood curdling scream*
Old Jul 10, 2012, 06:36 PM
Evolving Member

Any of you guys with 2008 X's want a set of 2010 side skirts?
Old Jul 10, 2012, 08:13 PM
Evolving Member

who was the one that recently ordered their rear bumper?
Old Jul 10, 2012, 08:36 PM

So many Evos today! Saw an AS VIII as well as a blue VIII or IX in Waipahu today. Then a GG X MR in town around Kapiolani and Cook and then a GG X GSR at Ala Moana and Queen. Woo! My car should be here around the 20th...meet up?

Quick Reply: ***Official HI Chat Thread***