Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

***Official HI Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2009, 02:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well... some of the evos here are engine-less. if you want a 240sx to cruise with the evos... you got one!!!! As soon as the woo-WOO evo is up and running again, would love to hang out with more evo owners.

As for the Evo BBQ, i got my fam out here this weekend, but how would you all feel about Next weekend? say the 11th or 12th? Let me know who's interested!
Old Dec 2, 2009, 08:33 PM

im off next weekend so im all for it.
Old Dec 2, 2009, 09:00 PM
Evolving Member

I'm up for it too. Cruise, eat, and enjoy the sites. ! The downside is how much gas I'll burn. It's a pig! The AP is helping out though
Old Dec 3, 2009, 08:01 PM

Well I'll be there if ya'll will tell me where at and an address. Although I have to work Saturday morning I'd be happy to show up in the afternoon if that is when it is! All I ask is don't dog on my Evo, she has a few problems I'm in the process of working out... Still waiting on a package in the mail
Old Dec 6, 2009, 05:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i dont know if i will be able to make it, but if youre going to, put it on the other local sites...
Old Dec 13, 2009, 02:21 PM
Evolved Member

bump for 808
Old Dec 13, 2009, 07:40 PM
Evolved Member

Hello Hawaii Evo owners,

I come to you as a fellow Evo enthusiast looking for some advice/tips on my future surf trip to Oahu in mid-January (my first time out to Hawaii). I'll be traveling with three of my buddies and we're staying with a friend who is in the Army, who lives in Ewa Beach.

I have nothing but respect for the locals, and I know the last thing you'll want to deal with is a group of guys from New Jersey crowding up your breaks. Any advice on which beaches/breaks would be our best bet, to both not crowd up the locals, yet stay as far away from the tourist traps as possible? A few of us have been surfing for a few years and can certainly hold our own, but a couple of the guys are relative beginners.

We'll be in town from January 7-17, so if you have any desire to meet up, hang out, surf, or show some kooks around, please shoot me a PM!

Thanks,
Mike
Old Dec 14, 2009, 02:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 65 Posts
What size waves are you used to? That will be a big determining factor as to where you'll want to surf.
Old Dec 14, 2009, 08:48 AM
Evolved Member

Shoulder to head high would be ideal, 4-6 ft. -ish. I guess a beach break, or a deeper spot where we won't get destroyed by a shallow reef would be important too. We've been trying to do some research, but I was hoping to get a better feel for which areas we should gravitate towards and which we should avoid.

I feel like we all prefer rights, but it doesn't matter a whole lot. I think we're going to rent a couple of longboards too, so it would be great to find a nice, long wave since we'll never see anything like that here in NJ.

Last edited by macPSU; Dec 14, 2009 at 08:59 AM.
Old Dec 14, 2009, 09:02 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Cruza
LOL that probably was Gerald you spotted.... there isn't that much evo's on this island... from what i've seen there is only 4 including me. N yea hopefully we get e85 on the islands cause I cant wait to see what kind of power evo's here make with e85

Wow only 4 EVOs and I saw 1 in the 6 days I was there.
Hopefully E85 tuners will make the trip over once you get some E85 pumps. Next time I'm over I'll let you know just incase you need something from the 48. My wife and I are hooked on Kauai.
Old Dec 14, 2009, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Timujin
Wow only 4 EVOs and I saw 1 in the 6 days I was there.
Hopefully E85 tuners will make the trip over once you get some E85 pumps. Next time I'm over I'll let you know just incase you need something from the 48. My wife and I are hooked on Kauai.
Im glad you enjoy Kauai Not much compared to other islands but I guess its all good.
Old Dec 15, 2009, 01:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by macPSU
Shoulder to head high would be ideal, 4-6 ft. -ish. I guess a beach break, or a deeper spot where we won't get destroyed by a shallow reef would be important too. We've been trying to do some research, but I was hoping to get a better feel for which areas we should gravitate towards and which we should avoid.

I feel like we all prefer rights, but it doesn't matter a whole lot. I think we're going to rent a couple of longboards too, so it would be great to find a nice, long wave since we'll never see anything like that here in NJ.
My advice would be to stay away from North Shore then unless the surf report is calling for small waves. Winter is when the waves are rolling in up there at ignorant sizes (my wife was up there for the big wave competions this year and they were 'small' at 30-40 feet).

The waves on the south side of the island are gonna be relatively small but still fun to longboard on. If you want to have a real good night, I suggest going down to Waikiki after midnight with a cooler of beer and some longboards and hit the sets then. No one is gonna be out there and you'll be able to see just fine. Waves will prolly get up to no more than 3 foot faces but you can ride them forever.

If they do call for smaller waves up on North Shore you should check out Chun's Reef. It doesn't get too crowded there and is a nice spot to chill out and bbq for the day.

Now about reef... you're not gonna find any kine good waves without reef around. It's one of those things you just gotta deal with.

Stay away from Sandy's. You mainlanders tend to get ****ed up there. I don't even go to Sandy's and I lived there for 3 years.

If you're into body boarding at all, definitely check out Waimea Bay. I'm not talking about those bull**** boogie boards, I mean real body boards. If you do go there, there's no reef to worry about but the shore break can be real brutal and if you're not careful you'll get stuck in a big, bad set (happened to me my first time out)... hope you can hold your breath. DO NOT go out body boarding without fins (you can rent them anywhere you can rent a body board).
Old Dec 15, 2009, 05:37 PM

Sorry for dropping the ball on the BBQ guys! so much went on that weekend. And this is really the first time ive been back on evom. But I got word that my engine is shipped, just waiting to find out exact day that its here, then we can have a BBQ whenever we can work one out. let me know
Old Dec 15, 2009, 11:03 PM

Does anyone have a valve spring removal tool I can borrow for a few hours? Ed????
Old Dec 16, 2009, 11:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Speed_Freak
Does anyone have a valve spring removal tool I can borrow for a few hours? Ed????
wtf... it just so happens i do lmfao... is your head off the car?! if so, id prefer not to lend that tool out, because ive had to practically kill the tool guy to deliver the damn thing...

BTW BMXER i see what youre doing... magically we have an engine shipped and a BBQ on the same weekend... coincidence?! i think not... youre a

i will be at said BBQ / engine install LoL

Quick Reply: ***Official HI Chat Thread***