Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

***Official HI Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2012, 11:27 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I really have no idea what I want either restaurant or beach. Any ideas would be great. I'm def gonna google them and try to make a choice. I gotta plan this out and it can't be a spur of the moment thing
Old Aug 15, 2012, 11:54 AM
Evolving Member

Just make sure you plan the possibility of a shower in there since its January... But it's not the rain that you get in the tristate (I'm from pa). Check into the Hilton Hawaiian village for after you pop the question... Look into the exploration in chocolate at their spa and congrats!
Old Aug 15, 2012, 02:35 PM
Evolving Member

I like that top of Waikiki. And thanks for the tip on the spa. I'll look into that
Old Aug 15, 2012, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by robnval
Just make sure you plan the possibility of a shower in there since its January... But it's not the rain that you get in the tristate (I'm from pa). Check into the Hilton Hawaiian village for after you pop the question... Look into the exploration in chocolate at their spa and congrats!
Rob, you should be a travel agent.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 04:06 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by FA77EN
Rob, you should be a travel agent.
Lmao, remember bro... My wife is a local girl, so before we moved here we came 2x a year... There's p,entry more places but it's too hard to type it all on a damn phone

As for top of Waikiki... Yea amazing views... Decent prices and awesome food! I personally go there with the wife at least once a month on our "date nights" and have seen more than a few guys pop the question there!

If you want it to be over the top do a sunset dinner cruise on the star of Honolulu
Old Aug 15, 2012, 04:39 PM
Evolving Member

Damn u guys are awesome. Keep em coming lol
Old Aug 15, 2012, 04:45 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Ginglingston11
Give us a little more info on what you are looking for... For example, what is your girl into? Do you want it to be a public type forum (like the cruise.. Where you can get the dj and dancers involved and make it huge?) or is she more private... Say a private beach.. Just you two type?

There are so many great places in Hawaii that you could use bro... Trust me... Bring lots of cash and you guys will have a blast!

And to make it more memorable, order a ring from na hoku and pick it up here... Hawaiian style for memories and no risk of her finding it prior to the moment
Old Aug 15, 2012, 06:32 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I know you dont want to copy me, but i just did dinner at dukes downtown honolulu, then after walked on tbe beach outside dukes and proposed there. To get her on the beach i just said letts walk the beach its nice out! She had no clue and still talkes about it. Been married 12again years.

Nice and simple. I did see people do a proposal during a laua. That could be good too
Old Aug 15, 2012, 07:20 PM

Hey guys I'm coming to Hawaii in January and I need your help. Right now I'm trying to save up for a ring for my girl. I thought what's better than purposing in Hawaii. This is where I need your help. I need a few places where you guys recommend popping the BIG QUESTION. were gonna be there for 2 weeks and visiting several islands so I can try to match it up to our itinerary and see what works for me. Please guys DO NOT PM me ideas. She gets my emails right to her phone since it was my old one and if I delete my email now she's gonna get suspicious. Thanks guys in advance. I will check this thread daily.
If ur going to Maui, you should propose to her at Mount Haleakala during the sunrise. The sunrise above the cloud line there is epic and ur lady would melt in ur arms. U should act like u are video recording the sunrise then propose to her and get in on video
Old Aug 15, 2012, 07:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
do a luau at ko'olina and pop the question with the sunset in the background! try to imagine it!!

Old Aug 15, 2012, 09:50 PM

Are you going to Kauai at all? I sincerely believe Kauai is one of the most beautiful places on Earth. I'd vote the north shore there, on one of the pristine beaches. Or on the Big Island near the volcanos!
Old Aug 16, 2012, 10:02 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by robnval
Give us a little more info on what you are looking for... For example, what is your girl into? Do you want it to be a public type forum (like the cruise.. Where you can get the dj and dancers involved and make it huge?) or is she more private... Say a private beach.. Just you two type?

There are so many great places in Hawaii that you could use bro... Trust me... Bring lots of cash and you guys will have a blast!

And to make it more memorable, order a ring from na hoku and pick it up here... Hawaiian style for memories and no risk of her finding it prior to the moment
I really don't have any idea. My first thought was this beach I heard about that had some enormous rock with a hole inside. I heard it looked amazing. Then the usual idea at a restaurant or the walk on the beach move.

Unfortunately she already picked out the ring do I just gotta pick it up before we go. I'm not too worried about her finding it tho.

Everyone says bring lots of cash. I know it's expensive but how does it compare price wise to Vegas or Miami? We're going for 2 weeks I think 6k is more than enough. Idk you guys would have a better idea than me
Old Aug 16, 2012, 10:08 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by free ride
If ur going to Maui, you should propose to her at Mount Haleakala during the sunrise. The sunrise above the cloud line there is epic and ur lady would melt in ur arms. U should act like u are video recording the sunrise then propose to her and get in on video
I'm gonna look at that. I don't think I can go wrong with any of these ideas

Originally Posted by stpkenton
I know you dont want to copy me, but i just did dinner at dukes downtown honolulu, then after walked on tbe beach outside dukes and proposed there. To get her on the beach i just said letts walk the beach its nice out! She had no clue and still talkes about it. Been married 12again years.

Nice and simple. I did see people do a proposRal during a laua. That could be good too
Yea that's one thing we wanna do is a laua. I don't wanna ruin the laua with a purposal
Old Aug 16, 2012, 10:12 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BambiTLK
Are you going to Kauai at all? I sincerely believe Kauai is one of the most beautiful places on Earth. I'd vote the north shore there, on one of the pristine beaches. Or on the Big Island near the volcanos!
I really don't remember where we're going. We were supposed to take the Norwegian cruise for one week but a few guys I know are trying to talk me out of it bc you don't get to see the really good spots of those islands. Which I agree with but we were doin it to save money from island hopping everyday and having to carry around our luggage. Any input on that cruise would be great but I doubt any locals have done that cruise
Old Aug 16, 2012, 10:15 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by lostsoulsevo
do a luau at ko'olina and pop the question with the sunset in the background! try to imagine it!!

WOW that picture is beautiful. Idk what else to say but I can't wait for this vacation

Quick Reply: ***Official HI Chat Thread***