Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

***Official HI Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2012, 10:16 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The blowhole? But yea, I have to agree.. Kauai is amazing! I'm assuming the 6k is after travel itineraries, rental cars and hotels? If so you should be good unless you are going to party hard. Money wise it's not comparable to Vegas unless you are a gambler... Miami is similar though. If you guys are into chillin on the beach 6k will easily cover food and going out... Places like Michele's will test you though... It will cost you like $200 for a 2 person dinner assuming you don't drink up the bar lol... And make sure you make all dinner reservations like a month in advance because a lot of the good restaurants are in town and are flooded with tourists
Old Aug 16, 2012, 10:18 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Ginglingston11
WOW that picture is beautiful. Idk what else to say but I can't wait for this vacation
We actually did a family photoshoot there! Check out http://www.anthonycalleja.com/ for some more ideas.. He did our photoshoot and knows all of the good spots!
Old Aug 16, 2012, 11:01 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by robnval
The blowhole? But yea, I have to agree.. Kauai is amazing! I'm assuming the 6k is after travel itineraries, rental cars and hotels? If so you should be good unless you are going to party hard. Money wise it's not comparable to Vegas unless you are a gambler... Miami is similar though. If you guys are into chillin on the beach 6k will easily cover food and going out... Places like Michele's will test you though... It will cost you like $200 for a 2 person dinner assuming you don't drink up the bar lol... And make sure you make all dinner reservations like a month in advance because a lot of the good restaurants are in town and are flooded with tourists
Yes the 6k is all spending money. We don't drink like that. I LOVE TO EAT so we eat good and we do a lot of excursans. And the blowhole that sounds like what I'm talking about. I heard its amazing to see. Thanks for the tip to reserve in advance. I think I'm set on at least dinning at top of Waikiki.

As far as excursans has anyone done the shark encounter? That's at the top of my list along with pearl harbor
Old Aug 16, 2012, 11:18 AM
Evolving Member

We actually did a family photoshoot there! Check out http://www.anthonycalleja.com/ for some more ideas.. He did our photoshoot and knows all of the good spots!
Sir I think I just made up my mind. What's better than purposing and 20 mins later the photographer shows up to capture the memory for a lifetime

Thank you very much. I'm going to call him and get some prices

Last edited by Ginglingston11; Aug 16, 2012 at 11:25 AM.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 11:24 AM
Evolving Member

Me and the wife did the shark encounter at sealife park last month... It was cool (they only had hammerhead sharks at the time) it was like 99 bucks regular price but military tickets from our were like 80 bucks each ... But I decided it was safer than open sea lol. I suggest looking at the almanac for sunset times on the days you want to have dinner at places like top of Waikiki etc... Book it for 20-30 mins prior to sunset so you can dine and watch the sunset... also you might want to check out Roy's .. Their food is amazing!
Old Aug 16, 2012, 11:25 AM
Evolving Member

Sir I think I just made up my mind. What's better than purposing and 20 mins later the photographer shows up to capture the memory for a lifetime
And afterwards he pulls out a MacBook.. Burns all unedited photos to disc on the spot! I will throw a pic or 2 from our shoot up (unedited versions) so you can see his work?. Best part is he will meet you anywhere on island... And if you call him he is super helpful in finding the right spot! He will be shooting my car in late January as well (once I return from Afghanistan)
Old Aug 16, 2012, 12:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
ginglington what kind of out doorsy stuff do you guys like to do? ie jumping off waterfalls, kayaking to out islands, surf competitions, zip lines, there is a whole bunch of stuff do, hiking...the list will go on
Old Aug 16, 2012, 08:39 PM
Evolving Member

And afterwards he pulls out a MacBook.. Burns all unedited photos to disc on the spot! I will throw a pic or 2 from our shoot up (unedited versions) so you can see his work?. Best part is he will meet you anywhere on island... And if you call him he is super helpful in finding the right spot! He will be shooting my car in late January as well (once I return from Afghanistan)
I called him earlier today and spoke to him for bout 10 mins. He was really nice and very helpful. Since we're not goin for a few months were just gonna communicate through email. I went through more of his work after we spoke and I was just amazed. If I could I'd fly him out for a car photoshoot too
Old Aug 16, 2012, 08:42 PM
Evolving Member

Me and the wife did the shark encounter at sealife park last month... It was cool (they only had hammerhead sharks at the time) it was like 99 bucks regular price but military tickets from our were like 80 bucks each ... But I decided it was safer than open sea lol. I suggest looking at the almanac for sunset times on the days you want to have dinner at places like top of Waikiki etc... Book it for 20-30 mins prior to sunset so you can dine and watch the sunset... also you might want to check out Roy's .. Their food is amazing!
I think I'd rather do open water. I wanna see wild Great Whites lol
Old Aug 16, 2012, 08:45 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by lostsoulsevo
ginglington what kind of out doorsy stuff do you guys like to do? ie jumping off waterfalls, kayaking to out islands, surf competitions, zip lines, there is a whole bunch of stuff do, hiking...the list will go on
Waterfalls and watching the surfers would be fun. Stuff like that
Old Aug 17, 2012, 12:25 AM
Evolving Member

Yea, he is a super cool dude.. He was real good with my kids too which was a plus! There should be plenty of surfers out since you are coming during the peak swell months!
Old Aug 17, 2012, 01:25 PM

FML! Nail in my front passenger tire...selling 2 used Proxy 4's...1 with good tread, 1 with good tread and a fat roofing nail in it ~.~...Getting Goodyear Eagle GT's... put on the front...confortred...or something like that...lol!
Old Aug 17, 2012, 01:26 PM

So my car got started yesterday and it sounded a lot healthier than before. Don't know why but it sounded a lot more solid. But as everything, it just ran for a couple of minutes and then it got flooded with gas. Tuning here we go. I get back at the end of August. hopefully i can ride the car before i leave again and enjoy it. Hopefully i dont put a rod out of the side when tuning. lol
Old Aug 17, 2012, 03:24 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by GuahanEvoX
FML! Nail in my front passenger tire...selling 2 used Proxy 4's...1 with good tread, 1 with good tread and a fat roofing nail in it ~.~...Getting Goodyear Eagle GT's... put on the front...confortred...or something like that...lol!
Time to buy some advans!
Old Aug 17, 2012, 10:28 PM

I think I'd rather do open water. I wanna see wild Great Whites lol

hawaiisharkencounters.com

I did that one with my parents last September, and am taking my sister in 2 weeks. It's the best of the two, since you get more time in the water. Not likely to see a great white, though. They are very rare here.

I have some awesome pics and video from the last trip. Lemme see if I can upload them somewhere...

Quick Reply: ***Official HI Chat Thread***