Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

***Official HI Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2012, 07:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FA77EN
There is already Simeon selling stock injectors on evohawaii.net/classifieds.
If I can install them before the tune then we can get crackin on it. I just need the Evo to be more daily driver friendly.
I have a stock set also. I put 1200 high imp inj in mine and that is why is still sitting in leaf racing waiting for a tune. The problem is if you get fuel oil dilution you are at risk of messing up your bearings. I would be careful with those injectors.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 08:13 PM

From what I understand, I have 272 cams in along with an FP black. Would stock injectors provide sufficient fuel?
If I'm not mistaken, stock injectors would max out around 340-380whp. I know for sure I'm cranking out way more than that. I'd rather be burning too much fuel than not enough. Then again, I'm a noob. I trust your guys judgement.
I found the operations manual for my Apexi safc2 online.
Most of the text I understand, but not when it comes to setting air fuel ratio at every 1K RPM intervals.
Is anyone here familiar with the Apexi SAFC2?
If I can get the SAFC in my car set, I won't have to get a tune done at the shop. It's just a matter of adjusting it from the cabin.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 08:18 PM

Also, I spoke to a random stranger today and he asked about my cams. He owns two Evos himself. A blue one like mines and a yellow. He said that he is very familiar with the exedy twin disk clutch that I have. Pretty much this clutch was not meant fr daily driving. And that chattering sound is from the throw bearing, validating my research for the past few days.
With that being said. Anyone wanna trade clutches? Lol
Old Sep 13, 2012, 08:42 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by KiDMaTiX
At this point why can't we just have them both haha. They did both offer lol.
I'm 100% positive that no two competing businesses would sponsor the same group....
Old Sep 13, 2012, 09:28 PM
Evolving Member

No Racing clutch is meant for daily driving... Stop being a p*ssy and leave the clutch alone bro... The only reason people don't daily twins is life span... Mine lasted 10k and that was hard miles (autoX and 1/4 mile plus daily driving in Texas)... But you can replace all the parts individually.... There's plenty of threads on here about daily driving on it.. If its the chatter that bothers you go buy an MR X...
Old Sep 13, 2012, 09:57 PM
Account Disabled

Anything LESS would be uncivilized.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by robnval
No Racing clutch is meant for daily driving... Stop being a p*ssy and leave the clutch alone bro... The only reason people don't daily twins is life span... Mine lasted 10k and that was hard miles (autoX and 1/4 mile plus daily driving in Texas)... But you can replace all the parts individually.... There's plenty of threads on here about daily driving on it.. If its the chatter that bothers you go buy an MR X...
Im just worried about having to replace the clutch sooner than expected.
I can drive that clutch all day and be fine.

as for the MR X? **** that. I would never buy an automatic Evo.

Last edited by FA77EN; Sep 13, 2012 at 10:03 PM.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 10:05 PM
Evolving Member

You won't have to replace the clutch per say.. More than likely just do a rebuild once it starts slipping...mat least if you buy an MR you won't complain about chatter lol
Old Sep 13, 2012, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by robnval
You won't have to replace the clutch per say.. More than likely just do a rebuild once it starts slipping...mat least if you buy an MR you won't complain about chatter lol
I can deal with the chatter now since I know its normal.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 10:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exedy Stage 1 clutches are nice for DD. Its what I have.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 10:39 PM

Anyone down to go for a drive?
Old Sep 13, 2012, 10:43 PM
Evolving Member

To the moon?
Old Sep 13, 2012, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by FA77EN
From what I understand, I have 272 cams in along with an FP black. Would stock injectors provide sufficient fuel?
If I'm not mistaken, stock injectors would max out around 340-380whp. I know for sure I'm cranking out way more than that. I'd rather be burning too much fuel than not enough. Then again, I'm a noob. I trust your guys judgement.
I found the operations manual for my Apexi safc2 online.
Most of the text I understand, but not when it comes to setting air fuel ratio at every 1K RPM intervals.
Is anyone here familiar with the Apexi SAFC2?
If I can get the SAFC in my car set, I won't have to get a tune done at the shop. It's just a matter of adjusting it from the cabin.

Are you certain on the FP Black? I know you said your car was built by KC but did the previous owner take any parts off before selling? If you do indeed have a black id just keep the 2000's. With a proper tune you can always scale them down. You said it yourself, Id rather have lower a injector duty cycle then close to maxing my injectors out. Straight up man you need to find out what you do and dont have on your car and let Dennis take care of you on the tune.

On a serious note, rip that SAFC out of your car! You dont need it at all. Your factory ecu is more powerful then that thing ever could be. Put it up on craigslist and make an easy 200$ or more and buy something else for your evo.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by ccampbell
Are you certain on the FP Black? I know you said your car was built by KC but did the previous owner take any parts off before selling? If you do indeed have a black id just keep the 2000's. With a proper tune you can always scale them down. You said it yourself, Id rather have lower a injector duty cycle then close to maxing my injectors out. Straight up man you need to find out what you do and dont have on your car and let Dennis take care of you on the tune.

On a serious note, rip that SAFC out of your car! You dont need it at all. Your factory ecu is more powerful then that thing ever could be. Put it up on craigslist and make an easy 200$ or more and buy something else for your evo.

I'll see what I can do. From what I've been told, that SAFC is ancient. As for as the parts, I'm assuming that what was on the build list, is still installed. All the mounting hardware and fittings doesnt look like they've been touched for ages.
If the previous owner had parted anything out, it probably wasn't major components.

Last edited by FA77EN; Sep 14, 2012 at 12:19 AM.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 12:27 AM

Opinion time: doin a little engine dress up. Should I go with purple vacuum lines, purple radiator stays, and purple titanium dress up bolts in my Apex Silver, or.....gunmetal/silver vaccuum lines and polished stays, bolts, etc. I'm trying to steer clear of the generic red lines and and stays that people seem to always go with

Quick Reply: ***Official HI Chat Thread***