Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

***Official HI Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2012, 12:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FA77EN
I'll see what I can do. From what I've been told, that SAFC is ancient. As for as the parts, I'm assuming that what was on the build list, is still installed. All the mounting hardware and fittings doesnt look like they've been touched for ages.
If the previous owner had parted anything out, it probably wasn't major components.
Alright man if you need a hand let me know. Rob also seems to know his stuff so either way you'll be fine.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by markjr11bravo
Opinion time: doin a little engine dress up. Should I go with purple vacuum lines, purple radiator stays, and purple titanium dress up bolts in my Apex Silver, or.....gunmetal/silver vaccuum lines and polished stays, bolts, etc. I'm trying to steer clear of the generic red lines and and stays that people seem to always go with

BALLIN'

Go with purple man.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 12:34 AM
Evolving Member

Purple is cool... But unless you are going to fill the bay with titanium and HKS products I wouldn't personally do it... Polished is cool too... But if you daily the car it will be a lot of work to keep it looking "new"... I suggest option 2, but I would definitely clear everything first so it stays looking pretty... I'm making a lot of assumptions that 1 you daily the car... And 2 you are building it as a dual purpose "show" car?
Old Sep 14, 2012, 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by markjr11bravo
Opinion time: doin a little engine dress up. Should I go with purple vacuum lines, purple radiator stays, and purple titanium dress up bolts in my Apex Silver, or.....gunmetal/silver vaccuum lines and polished stays, bolts, etc. I'm trying to steer clear of the generic red lines and and stays that people seem to always go with
Purple. But if I had a AS Evo. I would go with gold.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 12:36 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by robnval
No Racing clutch is meant for daily driving... Stop being a p*ssy and leave the clutch alone bro... The only reason people don't daily twins is life span... Mine lasted 10k and that was hard miles (autoX and 1/4 mile plus daily driving in Texas)... But you can replace all the parts individually.... There's plenty of threads on here about daily driving on it.. If its the chatter that bothers you go buy an MR X...
Originally Posted by ccampbell
Alright man if you need a hand let me know. Rob also seems to know his stuff so either way you'll be fine.
We should just do a tear down party on your car.. Perfect time since you still have the lancer! I say, next gtg at your house... Wrenches in hand and let's put together our "look what I found on michaels car" mod list! Who's with me?
Old Sep 14, 2012, 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by ccampbell
Thanks homie. Good thing I have a daily for the time being.
Slowly getting the car runnin right
Old Sep 14, 2012, 12:39 AM

We should just do a tear down party on your car.. Perfect time since you still have the lancer! I say, next gtg at your house... Wrenches in hand and let's put together our "look what I found on michaels car" mod list! Who's with me?

Haha sure I'm down.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 12:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah do it!
Honestly, whenever I see FA77EN's avatar, I think about that fuel pump in the engine bay above the brake booster lol.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 12:44 AM
Evolving Member

I actually went as far as calling the builder of his car today on lunch to talk with them about it... Unfortunately no answer imma try again tomorrow.. So let's do it.. I got free time from my car right now anyways
Old Sep 14, 2012, 12:44 AM

Purple is cool... But unless you are going to fill the bay with titanium and HKS products I wouldn't personally do it... Polished is cool too... But if you daily the car it will be a lot of work to keep it looking "new"... I suggest option 2, but I would definitely clear everything first so it stays looking pretty... I'm making a lot of assumptions that 1 you daily the car... And 2 you are building it as a dual purpose "show" car?
Well the ARC upper pipe is purple at times. And I want the HKS gears. The only red I have going on is the turbo smart BOV but that is only a little piece. And I def like the purple bolts. As far as the whole dual purpose show car....I'm all over the map and have no idea what I'm doing or where I'm going ha. It takes me an hour to pick a cereal at the grocery store. But yes, I do want some show quality. But it is a slow process. Because my wallet isn't on board
Old Sep 14, 2012, 12:47 AM
Evolving Member

You have an arc intake too? If so why not go with the norm and do red.. But do it differently... I got some ideas but I'll save them for a rainy day.. Or until I get motivated to make a gtg again lol

Trust me I know how your wallet feels! My wife hates my car I think hahahaha
Old Sep 14, 2012, 12:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey so Im wondering about vacuum lines. I need to replace mine. OReilly's sells vacuum lines right? Or are they junk and not worth it? Im not trying to get something fancy, I just want it to work and last quite a while.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 12:55 AM
Evolving Member

Just order samco... It's not super expensive... 3 meters is under $20

Sounds like a good idea. As long as the car will run afterwards lol. BBQ at my house!!

You have an arc intake too? If so why not go with the norm and do red.. But do it differently... I got some ideas but I'll save them for a rainy day.. Or until I get motivated to make a gtg again lol

Trust me I know how your wallet feels! My wife hates my car I think hahahaha
Yea I have the intake also......forgot about that big red square lol. I'm thinking maybe red radiator stays, and just gunmetal/silver vaccuum lines. But it's so hard to abandon that purple lol. And yea, my wife is a full-time Masters student, so I can just hit her with the "I bring in the cash" argument lol

Quick Reply: ***Official HI Chat Thread***