Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

***Official HI Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2012, 01:00 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FA77EN
Sounds like a good idea. As long as the car will run afterwards lol. BBQ at my house!!
I'm down... I'll be in a bird sh*t covered jetta though... No evo for a few weeks

Well, even though purple would be cool it will clash horribly with the arc intake in my opinion.. Unless of course you are going to order Stadia II Venus editions for the interior then DO iT! (I could hook you up on them btw... But they are super pricey lol)
Old Sep 14, 2012, 01:24 AM
Evolving Member

I'll see what I can do. From what I've been told, that SAFC is ancient. As for as the parts, I'm assuming that what was on the build list, is still installed. All the mounting hardware and fittings doesnt look like they've been touched for ages.
If the previous owner had parted anything out, it probably wasn't major components.
SAFC was meant for OBDI ECUs as it is a devise that would try to trick the ecu to spit out more or less fuel at certain rpms.. As someone already mentioned that our ECUs are smarter n will adjust to the changes therefore it is not a good mod for our Evos....u can sell that on ebay n use the money for smaller injectors....make sure your ecu harness is not butchered upon removal, glad everyone is willing to help a fello evo....that's badass!
Old Sep 14, 2012, 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by robnval
I'm down... I'll be in a bird sh*t covered jetta though... No evo for a few weeks

Well, even though purple would be cool it will clash horribly with the arc intake in my opinion.. Unless of course you are going to order Stadia II Venus editions for the interior then DO iT! (I could hook you up on them btw... But they are super pricey lol)
Haha you are always putting in plugs for parts lol I think you are on commission. The more I picture it the more I think you are right about clashing. So going to go with red radiator stays, red cap on the JM Fab coolant overflow, but....maybe still purple/titanium bolts to match the upper pipe? Haha. And I'm still feeling silver vacuum over red. I dunno, too much options. I feel like an interior decorator
Old Sep 14, 2012, 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by dee_yamaha
SAFC was meant for OBDI ECUs as it is a devise that would try to trick the ecu to spit out more or less fuel at certain rpms.. As someone already mentioned that our ECUs are smarter n will adjust to the changes therefore it is not a good mod for our Evos....u can sell that on ebay n use the money for smaller injectors....make sure your ecu harness is not butchered upon removal, glad everyone is willing to help a fello evo....that's badass!
Will do! Im tinting an Evo tomoro morning then gonna take out the SAFC.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 01:36 AM
Evolving Member

Nah, no commission unfortunately... otherwise I would be rich! I do however get stupid deals on parts for my cars... but that's just the "who you know" kind of deal purple dressup bolts wouldn't be too bad
Old Sep 14, 2012, 01:38 AM
Evolving Member

Will do! Im tinting an Evo tomoro morning then gonna take out the SAFC.
Still need you to address my beaters rear window when u got time ... this weekends project may be bmw coilovers Woot!
Old Sep 14, 2012, 01:56 AM

Originally Posted by robnval
Still need you to address my beaters rear window when u got time ... this weekends project may be bmw coilovers Woot!
I'll do it this weekend. It this up coming week.
When ever you're ready.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 01:58 AM

I got my tune done today.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by KiDMaTiX
How is it running?
Old Sep 14, 2012, 09:17 AM
Evolving Member

Time to do some pulls n verify you don't have any counts of knock!
Old Sep 14, 2012, 11:04 AM

How is it running?
I definitely don't have to push too hard on accelerator to feel the power anymore lol.
My tune isn't aggressive because I don't have a Boost Gauge so he didn't want to up my boost too much. He said he did up my boost by 2lbs though. But I need to get the Gauge to have a more precise tune. He will retune my car for free once I get it too so no problem there. He did a lot of removal / modifications on the limits and restrictions. Last time I dynoed before a tune-up was 260hp. So I'm going to see what differences it made maybe next week again on dyno.

I probably would never get past 140, but now I can, that limiter was removed. My Redline range is slightly higher also. 2-step launch control is up to 6K now.

I did do some pulls with him on the Freeway, I was driving he was logging. I noticed a smoother powerband. Especially on a gear shift, I no longer Bog down between gears. So that's definitely a + for me. Anyway next things to do is get that 3 Grimmspeed Port, Innovate Wideband and Defi Boost Gauge.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 11:20 AM

Looking good!
Sounds exactly like what I need.

Last edited by FA77EN; Sep 14, 2012 at 11:26 AM.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 12:16 PM

I definitely don't have to push too hard on accelerator to feel the power anymore lol.
My tune isn't aggressive because I don't have a Boost Gauge so he didn't want to up my boost too much. He said he did up my boost by 2lbs though. But I need to get the Gauge to have a more precise tune. He will retune my car for free once I get it too so no problem there. He did a lot of removal / modifications on the limits and restrictions. Last time I dynoed before a tune-up was 260hp. So I'm going to see what differences it made maybe next week again on dyno.

I probably would never get past 140, but now I can, that limiter was removed. My Redline range is slightly higher also. 2-step launch control is up to 6K now.

I did do some pulls with him on the Freeway, I was driving he was logging. I noticed a smoother powerband. Especially on a gear shift, I no longer Bog down between gears. So that's definitely a + for me. Anyway next things to do is get that 3 Grimmspeed Port, Innovate Wideband and Defi Boost Gauge.
Sounds like good news man. Quick question though. The only way to get hp/torque read outs is on a dyno?
Old Sep 14, 2012, 12:46 PM
Evolving Member

No wideband.. And you aren't logging....

Show me a 3rd gear pull from 2k to whatever he set your new redline at...until I see it ...
Old Sep 14, 2012, 01:00 PM
Evolving Member

So I'm going to see what differences it made maybe next week again on dyno.
You can download the virtual dyno that will give you an idea of what you are doing. When Mellon was tuning my car, its what he was using for the graphs.

Quick Reply: ***Official HI Chat Thread***