Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

***Official HI Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2012, 07:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by robnval
Ok, not to beat a dead horse kid.. This was exactly what I was getting at... Once again, just our suggestions.. Pull logs to make sure that you are 100% safe before you get too happy enjoying the new power. Regardless of how we feel about the legitimacy of the tune, none of us want to see any of our evo's spitting an oil trail onto the pavement... It just gives the subie guys more reason to laugh at us

As for the lines... Honestly all silicone lines are pretty much the same... If you want samco, they offer tons of color options and sizes... You tell me what size, color. And how much you need and I will grab it for you at my price and bring it to a meet for you...
Any vacuum hose out there that is a darker red (closer to the valve cover color) as opposed to the bright red that all hose seems to come in?
Old Sep 14, 2012, 07:30 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by markjr11bravo
Any vacuum hose out there that is a darker red (closer to the valve cover color) as opposed to the bright red that all hose seems to come in?
Hrmm, that I honestly don't know... So you want something more of a maroon color?
Old Sep 14, 2012, 07:43 PM

Hrmm, that I honestly don't know... So you want something more of a maroon color?
Yea most everything you buy red (including the airbox, my BOV, my coolant overflow tank, etc) is closer to maroon. But all the hose you find is that bright red. I want something other than black, but I want something that will match/compliment my stuff. I just keep going back and forth between colors cuz I can't figure out wat will match my ****
Old Sep 14, 2012, 07:50 PM

Dennis, can you call/text me. Thanks!
Old Sep 14, 2012, 09:02 PM

The question for me isn't whether or not I like or dislike Kai... Like I have said over and over again... We are all in this game for results... It's actually good that kid took the step to being the first one... It will either prove Kai is hawaii's only tuner capable of tuning an evo OR possibly the opposite... Eitherway, it's no sweat off anyone's back. At the end of the day, the logs kid pulls will show one way or another.. And just so I don't look biased, since everyone thinks I hate Kai.... Which isn't a fact... I just have some serious doubts... I am going to take the logs and send it to 3 reputable tuners for their unbiased evaluation of the tune.. And I will post their QUOTED... PowerPoint screenshotted replies for the world to see. So if it's good, you will see it from the source... If its not so good. Well... You get the hint.

I think that is fair and would be the green or red light?

Worst case, if the results are not so good, at least kid would know and be able to get it fixed before something catastrophic... And best case, kid is good to go and we get to see the gains via dyno and he gets the piece of mind knowing his car is running as it should

Sound fair?
Sounds like a great idea actually rob! Lets have at it
Old Sep 14, 2012, 09:37 PM

First off, Let stop with all this silly back and forth drama.

Today, I couldnt resist myself and had to go down to Streamline for Kai to take a look at my car.
I was just there yesterday and had explained the issue I had regarding my car. After a few words. We had made arrangements for me to return the next day (Today) so he could check out my ecu and see whats wrong. I gave him a chance and took my car in. First thing he did was plug in his laptop to my car and said "I was afraid this was going to happen". He then explained that the original person who tunes my car had locked the Ecu. preventing other tuners to do work on the car, leading the owner with no choice but to return to the original place or tuner who touched the ECU last. With that being said, and myself asking. "Now what?" he replied with "I got a trick up my sleeve". Before I could sum up something to say to that, Kai took his laptop out of my car and said he would be right back and was gonna go upstairs to see what he could do. A few minutes went by and he was back from his office. Kai informed me that he wasnt able to unlock the ECU password that was placed there from the original tuner. He then asked if I could get in touch with the previous tuner shop and see what engine management program they had used.

After, staring at him in disbelief for a few seconds, he asked to see under the hood. I popped the hood for him to see what Im working with even though whats under my hood had nothing to with unlocking my ECU. He poked his nose around for a bit, while asking questions about my turbo, licp, and the routing of various electrical lines, stating that if he was the one to build my car, he would have done it differently.

Any ways, he asked to go out for a drive and see how my wideband was while at WOT.
As we took off down sand island access road, I didnt notice him even giving a glance at my gauges. He then proceeded to see if my ecu was stock. After opening my glove box he had noticed my Apexi SAFC. He then said that tuning with an Apexi device was his specialty.
He asked a few questions about it and then proceeded to scan through the device, but wasnt able to figure out how to adjust my air/fuel ratio. Even though his weapon of choice was in his hands. As I made my way back to the the shop, he said to get in touch with place that tuned my car and see if I could get the password for him.

As some of you guys could see, I didnt have a productive day at streamline.

Last edited by FA77EN; Sep 14, 2012 at 09:40 PM.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 10:02 PM

Anyone wanna meet up tonight? I haven't seen anyone in a while...
Old Sep 14, 2012, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by ElementX
I'm down to meet. I gotta head out around 9 though. Movie night with the gf.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 10:08 PM
Evolving Member

No car

Pono, assuming kid agrees that it is a fair way to assess the tune and can get someone to pull log for him im in

Last edited by robnval; Sep 14, 2012 at 10:10 PM.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 10:12 PM

Nex?
Old Sep 14, 2012, 10:19 PM

Nex?
Yea buddy. What time you gonna head there?
Old Sep 14, 2012, 10:20 PM

Gettin in my car in a minute. Be there in a few.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 10:25 PM

Okay. I'll Be on my way in a couple minutes
Old Sep 14, 2012, 10:30 PM

Aight. I'll be by jack in the box
Old Sep 14, 2012, 11:23 PM

Safety inspection

Anyone knows on island where to get a safety inspection. My wife needs one done ASAP and I'm at the mainland. If you guys know anyone please let me know.

Quick Reply: ***Official HI Chat Thread***