Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

***Official HI Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2012, 02:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mark, if I'm not mistaken.
Your nickname by default is supposed to be Token.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 08:52 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by FA77EN
So instead of going wide body, he went hovercraft?!
lol. its a new conversion kit he's working on. He's actually having issues with his turbo and sent it back to FP.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by geminibby
lol. its a new conversion kit he's working on. He's actually having issues with his turbo and sent it back to FP.

Shame shame. Id like to see his car again soon. Pretty damn clean evo.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 11:51 AM

no one else wants to jump in on the AMS tune? call or text me if your serious 8083067789 shaggy
Old Oct 17, 2012, 12:13 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I should take a vacation and come tune some cars out there

atleast the wife couldn't complain!

cb
Old Oct 17, 2012, 01:49 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by CBRD

cb
Chad,

Please do! It would be nice to see some local people! (Im from Lebanon originally)... feel free to bring some Seltzers when you come!!!!!

Rob
Old Oct 17, 2012, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by shaggadelic
no one else wants to jump in on the AMS tune? call or text me if your serious 8083067789 shaggy
I want in.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 09:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by CBRD

cb
there's plenty of cars out here that could use a good tune
Old Oct 18, 2012, 12:44 AM

Next meet:

This Saturday night 8pm

Waikele shopping center near Starbucks.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 01:35 AM

Need some help homies. As you know , the BOV flange on my ARC UICP is on the bottom. Well with the regular straight connecting tube (silicone I think?), my BOV (turbo smart ) shoots straight down (and upside down) into the depths of my engine. The only other tube variety I could seem to find is elbow in shape. So my BOV in turn shoots down in the depths, and then sits sideways. Well what I WANT is to find a tube that is U-shaped so that my BOV sits upright and right next to my UICP (between the UICP and battery). Any clue where I can buy one of these. Also, is there an actual name for this tube so I can quit referring to it as "that one tube" and sounding like a dumbass. Thnx
Old Oct 18, 2012, 01:36 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by geminibby
evojr (black driver, lol) has a bby evo8, his car is up on blocks is why he hasn't been out there.
Wassup everyone. Yes the Evo is sitting 3 feet in the air in the garage right now and that is the only reason y'all ain't seeing me. turbo went back to FP for the 3rd time and they are saying my engine has grains of sand in it that is damaging the thrust bearings in the turbo... I think not, especially when I sent pictures back to them of the turbo arriving in Hawaii last February with sand pouring out if it. I even saved the email where I asked them and said this doesn't look right and was told " it's ok and shouldn't affect it because the sand is in the water ports." Sand in any turbo equals bad day. The sand was coming out of every port including the oil ports when I pulled the red plugs that were on them. FP is arguing it but I luckily took those pics and saved the email from Brian over there. I probably should have went with a BBK full instead. But to get to the point, when I'm up and running again there will be more black people out there reppin'. Anyone feeling like they wanna come help me pull my head can expedite me getting back out there too.. Lol. Miss you guys
Old Oct 18, 2012, 01:53 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EVOJR$
Anyone feeling like they wanna come help me pull my head can expedite me getting back out there too.. Lol. Miss you guys
lets pick a weekend and I'll come over. I need to change some fluids anyways, so I don't mind turning a wrench...or learning, lol.

YN + Tools does not = good ORM
Old Oct 18, 2012, 02:56 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by robnval
Chad,

Please do! It would be nice to see some local people! (Im from Lebanon originally)... feel free to bring some Seltzers when you come!!!!!

Rob
I use to go to CBRD's dyno day all the time and Chad always have them catered, one year they had a local brewery give free samples.......I wish the local shops here would do the same and atleast feed us spam musubi or balut.

Old Oct 18, 2012, 02:58 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EVOJR$
Wassup everyone. Yes the Evo is sitting 3 feet in the air in the garage right now and that is the only reason y'all ain't seeing me. turbo went back to FP for the 3rd time and they are saying my engine has grains of sand in it that is damaging the thrust bearings in the turbo... I think not, especially when I sent pictures back to them of the turbo arriving in Hawaii last February with sand pouring out if it. I even saved the email where I asked them and said this doesn't look right and was told " it's ok and shouldn't affect it because the sand is in the water ports." Sand in any turbo equals bad day. The sand was coming out of every port including the oil ports when I pulled the red plugs that were on them. FP is arguing it but I luckily took those pics and saved the email from Brian over there. I probably should have went with a BBK full instead. But to get to the point, when I'm up and running again there will be more black people out there reppin'. Anyone feeling like they wanna come help me pull my head can expedite me getting back out there too.. Lol. Miss you guys
Sup JR.... tristate represent.... so i'm guessing you already got a replacement turbo?
Old Oct 18, 2012, 03:39 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dee_yamaha
Sup JR.... tristate represent.... so i'm guessing you already got a replacement turbo?
Nope. No replacement turbo yet. FP no longer makes the journal bearing turbo and the want be to shell out $1800 to have my red converted to a ball bearing. The only reason I haven't gone through yet is I'm trying to pull the motor apart and have it checked to make sure there is nothing wrong in the car from the sand and the turbo. That's why I wanna pull the head now while the turbo is out and the car is a 450awhp paperweight with 11k miles. Lol

Quick Reply: ***Official HI Chat Thread***