Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

***Official HI Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2012, 11:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by robnval
Ok, cancel all meets until we find someone to take his place! We can't have a meet with our token black man!
i can be there to fill the spot but ill be on the crotch rocket

lmk
Old Oct 31, 2012, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by EVOJR$
for real. and just when you thought you did everything to be different, you google your car color and bam!! you see a car that is near identical to yours.
Yo who let all these haterz in here!?!? Just cuz ur cars are burple ha
Old Oct 31, 2012, 11:17 PM

i can be there to fill the spot but ill be on the crotch rocket

lmk
Anybody who tries to fill my shoes is just a cheap imitation ha
Old Oct 31, 2012, 11:39 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by markjr11bravo
I like people on motorcycles. They have all these bumper stickers on their cars about sharing the road. They have flashing headlights to make us more "cautious". And the b!tch and moan about cars hitting them, yet.......they tailgate, pass multiple cars at once, speed, weave in and out, drive in the median, and are just all around deusche bags. Most of them deserve to get hit
whoa!!!

we talkin motorcycles or mopeds?

i would definitely prefer to not get hit. i almost was hit today twice on my bike. once by a woman who blazed through the yield sign and came a few feet from me, another by someone who decided to turn out across double solid lines because he saw an opening. i dont tailgate because thats just dumb. i literally count the "2 seconds" distance in my helmet because i always have to ride for me and the @$$clown drivers who dont pay attention. if there are dotted lines and i can get around two cars that ae close together before the lines end, i will. thats what the lines are for. its a "passing zone" not a "pass one at a time until you get to the front area." ive done it in the evo as well because carstend to stay close together when traveling together for a while. i dont weave in and out because this is hawaii and the one thing they cant do here is drive and pay attention at the same time. thats just asking for an accident. and as for driving over the median, i wish this was california where that was legal with splitting lanes. i sat in stopped traffic for 2hours on my bike today sweating, while i watched mopeds and some other bikes split lanes and do other things. sure i wanted to, but i knew it was stupid. i moved 20-30ft in a 45 minute period. so what did i do? i got fed up, and since my bike was turned off as to not just be running at idle for 45 minutes plus, i took my gear off and i put it in neutral and i walked my 400lb motorcyle down the side walk for about a half mile. i would went the rest but that hill was killing me. i had to have walked past 100 cars who were pissed but at the same time were probably wishing they could do the same. either way, the point is not all motorcyclists are as you describe. regardless of how stupid some of them are, NONE of them deserve to get hit. thats like saying the young kid who drives the evo deserves to wrap it around a tree because he is immature and is revving his motor and speeding all the time. every group will have its bad apples. just need to make sure that you do what you can to either help them, or not become one of them.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 11:44 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by GT35MR
Is it worth having a sport bike in Hawaii? A guy is offering me a 2010 BMW S1000RR and cash for my cobra just wondering how riding is on the island.
riding on the island is great. the stop and go sucks here and there. for you on a 1000, there isnt much road here for that. in the mainland yeah. but a liter bike here on an island where the speedlimit is 35mph 80% of the time, is you either getting bored on it and trying to speed or doing something else you probably shouldnt. liter bikes on the island dont really get to be enjoyed. just my $.02 since i ride religously.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 11:52 PM

whoa!!!

we talkin motorcycles or mopeds?

i would definitely prefer to not get hit. i almost was hit today twice on my bike. once by a woman who blazed through the yield sign and came a few feet from me, another by someone who decided to turn out across double solid lines because he saw an opening. i dont tailgate because thats just dumb. i literally count the "2 seconds" distance in my helmet because i always have to ride for me and the @$$clown drivers who dont pay attention. if there are dotted lines and i can get around two cars that ae close together before the lines end, i will. thats what the lines are for. its a "passing zone" not a "pass one at a time until you get to the front area." ive done it in the evo as well because carstend to stay close together when traveling together for a while. i dont weave in and out because this is hawaii and the one thing they cant do here is drive and pay attention at the same time. thats just asking for an accident. and as for driving over the median, i wish this was california where that was legal with splitting lanes. i sat in stopped traffic for 2hours on my bike today sweating, while i watched mopeds and some other bikes split lanes and do other things. sure i wanted to, but i knew it was stupid. i moved 20-30ft in a 45 minute period. so what did i do? i got fed up, and since my bike was turned off as to not just be running at idle for 45 minutes plus, i took my gear off and i put it in neutral and i walked my 400lb motorcyle down the side walk for about a half mile. i would went the rest but that hill was killing me. i had to have walked past 100 cars who were pissed but at the same time were probably wishing they could do the same. either way, the point is not all motorcyclists are as you describe. regardless of how stupid some of them are, NONE of them deserve to get hit. thats like saying the young kid who drives the evo deserves to wrap it around a tree because he is immature and is revving his motor and speeding all the time. every group will have its bad apples. just need to make sure that you do what you can to either help them, or not become one of them.
I don't disagree that not all people on bikes are idiots. I'm actually in the process of saving for one. But I will say that at least 75 percent of the bikes I interact with on this island ( especially driving down Kunia every day) are deuschebags. Not hating, but it's for realz. I HAVE come close to hitting bikes several times on Kunia. And I can tell you that none of those times was my fault. And that post was written after having 3 bikes tailgate and drive beside me revving their engines the whole way down Kunia yesterday, before finally going 100mph to pass like 5 cars. ***** stupid
Old Oct 31, 2012, 11:52 PM
Evolving Member

Anybody who tries to fill my shoes is just a cheap imitation ha
this is 2012 homie

imitiations these days are so real their natural!!
Old Oct 31, 2012, 11:55 PM

this is 2012 homie

imitiations these days are so real their natural!!
Haha I just thought of the Tupac hologram that was sellin out concerts
Old Oct 31, 2012, 11:59 PM
Evolving Member

Haha I just thought of the Tupac hologram that was sellin out concerts

I dont see why, he's still alive. i just saw him the other day in waikiki!

he plans on dropping another album this spring.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 12:07 AM

Fresh from the vault! Unreleased singlez! "Wrote this song a long time ago, greatest song I ever wrote"
Old Nov 1, 2012, 12:14 AM
Evolving Member

bro i still dont even know if i wanna go to that. i have bolts to remove on my head and intake manifold tomorrow. lets see my options, 1.work on the evo, 2, host some japanese sailors who drive nissan cubes, 3. work on the evo, and 4. stare at the evo just because blue by you is sexy, then work on it. im still workin on it

but i will shoot you a text and let you know tomorrow at lunch time...ish
no worries, something came up anyways, so I'm not going to be able to make it. I definitely wasn't looking at keeping you away from your evo.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 12:57 AM

for real. and just when you thought you did everything to be different, you google your car color and bam!! you see a car that is near identical to yours.
Exactly. I can never eat away..
Old Nov 1, 2012, 03:08 PM

Location: Philippines/japan/korea/Kuwait/iraq/Florida/alaska/washington state/ hawaii/texas
wassup guys, what do you think about D2 RS Coilovers - for my ix?thanks for the help...
Old Nov 1, 2012, 03:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by reyjhay2005
wassup guys, what do you think about D2 RS Coilovers - for my ix?thanks for the help...
whats your style of driving? those RS D2 coilovers are good for drag racing cause of the softer spring rate. daily driving i would go with drop springs, i'm on tein flex coilovers and they are to stiff for my liking.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 05:05 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by robnval
I'm not sure we are going the same way with this... A gt35r can in deed be a t3. T3 refers more to the housing among other things. So I'll clarify the statement.. I would go with a v-band setup over the stock frame that you are currently running. For 1 its easier to replace and 2 the cost of say a 5858 or 6266 is less than buying a new stock frame when you build the motor down the road and want more power.

Hope that clarifies it a little

Rob
If you go with journal bearing 5857 or 6266 they are only like 799 I was going to swap out my twin 35r's for those because they are very efficient. My friend made 1087 on twin 5857 on only 23 psi. Seems like most people only run BB on evos though. I guess it's sensible to run BB considering most evos with big power run 35-40+ psi.

Quick Reply: ***Official HI Chat Thread***