Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

***Official HI Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2010, 10:35 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by *constant_boost
where in the hell are you getting your car tinted?! For $300 that **** better fill up the tank for your or something man good lord...
I went to a few shops and all with the same pricing. The regular tint (just dye) is 160 from the shops I went to. Even T&T tinting was 415. One of my friends told me about a shop on Kam Hwy for around 200. Going to check it out today.
Old May 13, 2010, 11:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Madrican
I went to a few shops and all with the same pricing. The regular tint (just dye) is 160 from the shops I went to. Even T&T tinting was 415. One of my friends told me about a shop on Kam Hwy for around 200. Going to check it out today.
Do NOT go to military tinting. The tint bubbles and peels VERY fast. I have only seen ONE good application done there.
Old May 13, 2010, 11:25 AM
Evolving Member

Are you talking about the 1 on Hickam?
Old May 13, 2010, 02:20 PM
Evolved Member

No. I was referring to the one near Kemoos and Subway right outside of schofield. I dont know about the one on Hickam. Have you inquired on FH? I fish bowl...
Old May 14, 2010, 05:19 PM
Evolving Member

I went everywhere around my house. All the same price, ranging from 300-415. I ended up getting the tint on Hickam.

I have air bubbles everywhere now . The tech told me to wait 2 weeks to make sure it is air and not the solution spray they use on the tint. I am okay with it tough lifetime warrenty so it will get fixed.
Old May 15, 2010, 07:05 PM
Evolved Member

^

wouldnt have even left with bubbles in my tint...
Old May 16, 2010, 05:21 PM

wow. I got mine tinted REAL DARK, with a stripe on the windshield, for 115 bucks. lifetime warranty, no bubbles, no peeling. nothing. very happy. Its the place in millilani near 24 hour fitness. I had a hook up, but if you went, you wouldnt have to pay nearly 300! holy hell
Old May 16, 2010, 05:59 PM
Evolved Member

^

no one likes you. politely leave.
Old May 17, 2010, 12:47 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bmxer4it
wow. I got mine tinted REAL DARK, with a stripe on the windshield, for 115 bucks. lifetime warranty, no bubbles, no peeling. nothing. very happy. Its the place in millilani near 24 hour fitness. I had a hook up, but if you went, you wouldnt have to pay nearly 300! holy hell
I give up looking. I went to few shops and all around the same price. I am not worry about the air bubbles, it will get fixed.
Old May 19, 2010, 08:13 AM
Evolving Member

can anyone show me a link where I can find some regulations about having a modified evo in hawaii?

I am thinking about moving there but I just want to have a head start on what laws they have there about our cars. thank you
Old May 19, 2010, 08:45 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by flo2877
can anyone show me a link where I can find some regulations about having a modified evo in hawaii?

I am thinking about moving there but I just want to have a head start on what laws they have there about our cars. thank you
if you have an exhaust, wing, suspension, turbo, stock or aftermarket rims, tint, etc, you are pretty much screwed... you will be put in the rice category and be f***ed with by the local cops. you will get loud exhaust tickets, obstruction of view (your wing), it never ends. look up hawaii recon law... pretty much says if you modify your car, you get a sticker, and mark yourself as a target...
Old May 19, 2010, 09:31 AM

^^^ kindly go die in a fire!

as for recon. F recon!!! finally got my first recon ticket after 2.5 years of living there. GAY
Old May 19, 2010, 10:13 AM
Evolving Member

damn why are they so **** in hawaii.. are they that strict. so if you buy a evo which have a wing already they can still pick on you? now thats F
Old May 19, 2010, 10:31 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bmxer4it
^^^ kindly go die in a fire!

as for recon. F recon!!! finally got my first recon ticket after 2.5 years of living there. GAY
choke on a p3n0r faaaaaaaaaaaag. your car is ub3r rice... and there is a HORRIBLE body kit on that turd... THAT is why you got pulled over

Originally Posted by flo2877
damn why are they so **** in hawaii.. are they that strict. so if you buy a evo which have a wing already they can still pick on you? now thats F

yes. i got pulled over for the factory wing (EVEN showed the cop the modified car mag with an EVO on it. he didnt believe me still. Showed manual and he highly doubts that the factory would put such a wing on the car..)

Hawaii has nothing else better to do than pick on us... honduhs ruined it for everyone...
Old May 19, 2010, 12:32 PM
Evolving Member

I have only been here for a year or so. No problems here with the cops (knocking on wood). I have an exhuast and all that good stuff. I just drive slow, stay on the slow lane, and cruise enjoying the car. I even got a thumbs up from a cop on time. The only problem I faced was with the safety inspection and the only reason is because I am not rocking the front plate. Double sided tape solve that issue.

Quick Reply: ***Official HI Chat Thread***