Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

***Official HI Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2012, 04:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
So i know you guys are trying to set up a meet at the nex on saturday......., but there is another end of the year cruise at the salt lake target on sunday! It starts at noon, and goes to a crabshack around the whole island and ends at the kapolei target! It is being organized by smg. This should be a good one guys, would be nice to see more than 3 evo's this time! anyone down to cruise with me?
Old Dec 26, 2012, 06:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ElementX
(808) eatdick lol
I keed I keed!

So can anyone point me in the direction to someone for a safety inspection where I'm not going to get hassled. I'm only on springs but an exhaust with no cat. Shouldn't be too bad, but who knows.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 06:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I need a hook up as well
Old Dec 26, 2012, 06:56 PM

So...my bad. I forgot to post about this earlier.

ForumsHawaii is doing a 'round the island cruise this Saturday, 12/29, and everyone's invited. We've got the GTR gang going, a bunch of random cars, and a few other clubs. Should be an interesting mix.

We're meeting up at Ala Moana around 10, then again at the HK boat harbor shortly thereafter to catch stragglers. We'll stop for lunch either in Kailua or the North Shore depending on when we get moving. We'll be heading back to Gordon Biersch for dinner and drinks after the cruise.

If you're interested, PM me or head over to forumshawaii.com and let us know.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by forc3 f3d
I keed I keed!

So can anyone point me in the direction to someone for a safety inspection where I'm not going to get hassled. I'm only on springs but an exhaust with no cat. Shouldn't be too bad, but who knows.
PM'd you.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 11:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
damn!!! this sucks, car is being detailed friday and shipped out on monday! what a sad week for me....gona be sporting a aveo rental car till i leave.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 12:25 AM

Best place to get a clutch job done on island for cheap? Weighting if i want to do this myself with some buddies or save the hassle and do the clutch flywheel and cmc upgrade at a shop. Oh and is an exedy stage 2 too much for bolt on power?
Old Dec 27, 2012, 01:46 AM

Originally Posted by PonoPride
Best place to get a clutch job done on island for cheap? Weighting if i want to do this myself with some buddies or save the hassle and do the clutch flywheel and cmc upgrade at a shop. Oh and is an exedy stage 2 too much for bolt on power?
I'm running an exedy stage 2 with bolt ons and it's fine. Great pedal feel and engagement. Definitely not overkill. The fact that it's a four puck took me some time to get used too, though. I would say take it to a shop unless you got another car sitting around and some free time. Experience tells me that no matter how straight forward and simple a job might be, there's too many factors that might completely catch you by surprise and throw you off course. First time my friends and I did my clutch, turns out the disk and pressure plate was out of spec and cause the car to get stuck in and out of gears. Ended up pulling everything apart again and waiting for a new clutch. Don't take me wrong. I love to wrench on my own car and hate the idea of letting someone else work on it, but sometimes its just better that way.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 08:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just got mine done about a month ago at Leaf. Chad and Jack are cool, but somehow I didn't get the "hookup" nor did I have 100% confidence the job was done perfect. Got the car back and found a stray bolt just lying on the plastic undercover. I only found it because I had the exact same mods (clutch, flywheel and cmc upgrade done). So I was checking the hydraulic fluid level and saw the bolt just lying there. Trust me this DID NOT install any confidence in me one bit . I don't have the skill or major tools to have done the job myself even with helping hands. That's why I chose to take it to the shop. I would say if you don't have the experience or tools you SHOULD take it in to your shop of choice. Try calling all trans and see what they quote. Heard that a certain someone who used to work at Leaf back in the day would sub contract the tranny jobs out to alltrans. This was not a bash toward Leaf, but just a recollection of my experience. Hope you fair better!
Old Dec 27, 2012, 11:39 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by stpkenton
So i know you guys are trying to set up a meet at the nex on saturday......., but there is another end of the year cruise at the salt lake target on sunday! It starts at noon, and goes to a crabshack around the whole island and ends at the kapolei target! It is being organized by smg. This should be a good one guys, would be nice to see more than 3 evo's this time! anyone down to cruise with me?
Screw SMG!!! They are a bunch of douche bags! I normally don't say much on here but had to when I saw this post lol
Old Dec 27, 2012, 02:39 PM
Evolving Member

^tell us how you really feel Jose! Lmao
Old Dec 27, 2012, 06:03 PM

Don't worry Jose, this is a safe place.
I would really like to hear your thoughts on SMG lol
Old Dec 27, 2012, 06:07 PM

Pono, I had the same clutch in my 8.
The performance of the clutch was outstanding. The only thing I don't like about that one is it has chatter.
Some people dot have it and some people do. From the research I've done it either hit or miss. If I'm not mistaken, when you purchase the clutch, there is a warning on the box that says it may cause chatter.
Just my $0.02
Old Dec 27, 2012, 06:39 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Madrican
Screw SMG!!! They are a bunch of douche bags! I normally don't say much on here but had to when I saw this post lol
Who's SMG? or what?
Old Dec 27, 2012, 06:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^^^haha mike!! your twin disk HD clutch IS NOT a stage 2, and clutch chatter is normal in a twin disk. i think the clutch pono is refering to is the 3/4 puck.

Quick Reply: ***Official HI Chat Thread***