Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

***Official HI Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2013, 11:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by markjr11bravo
Why the lmao? Give us some details lol
You guys goibg back and forth about the whole srt-slo thing
Old Mar 17, 2013, 11:42 PM

Who has a double din or a stock head unit they wanna trade?

Also got to clay bar my hood today.......I think I pulled 80lbs of dirt oytta the paint LOL. Crazy how much stuff came out......my LICP should be delivered tomorrow stoked! Any one selling a guage pod?

Last edited by LOLvtec; Mar 18, 2013 at 12:28 AM.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 12:53 AM

Oh jose have u seen the video of that 550whp MR with stock clutches?! Hmmmmm......I may not wanna stop at 400whp now lol

Last edited by LOLvtec; Mar 18, 2013 at 12:56 AM. Reason: ded 550hp MR vid
Old Mar 18, 2013, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by LOLvtec

Also got to clay bar my hood today.......I think I pulled 80lbs of dirt oytta the paint LOL. Crazy how much stuff came out......my LICP should be delivered tomorrow stoked! Any one selling a guage pod?
I have a single steering wheel gauge pod......
Old Mar 18, 2013, 09:22 AM

What do you have to trade ... I have a double din stock head unit.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 09:39 AM
Evolving Member

Oh jose have u seen the video of that 550whp MR with stock clutches?! Hmmmmm......I may not wanna stop at 400whp now lol
Yes I have seen that video. It is actually old. Something that isn't in that video is that the car was turned back down to like 450hp after the video because they was worry about the clutches. I could only imagine the damage that was cause to the stock clutches from all the dyno runs and the street runs.

If you shoot for 500hp that will be badass bro!!! But just my .02 cents....

Mitsubishi will not warranty your tranny if you have a intake on your car. If your tranmission goes bad they will sent for a trained tech from the main land to look at your car and this tech WILL go to the ECU and see if it was messed with. The reason they do this is because they do not service the tranny. They replace the whole tranny when something goes bad. So the cost is around 10K for a new tranny therefore Mits will do everything to make sure it wasn't there problem.

Jose
Old Mar 18, 2013, 09:48 AM
Evolving Member

I will be selling my double gauge pod A-pillar once my replacement arrives.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by Madrican
I will be selling my double gauge pod A-pillar once my replacement arrives.
Lmk when bro how much woyld u want? Hit me up 512-213-9596
Old Mar 18, 2013, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Madrican
Yes I have seen that video. It is actually old. Something that isn't in that video is that the car was turned back down to like 450hp after the video because they was worry about the clutches. I could only imagine the damage that was cause to the stock clutches from all the dyno runs and the street runs.

If you shoot for 500hp that will be badass bro!!! But just my .02 cents....

Mitsubishi will not warranty your tranny if you have a intake on your car. If your tranmission goes bad they will sent for a trained tech from the main land to look at your car and this tech WILL go to the ECU and see if it was messed with. The reason they do this is because they do not service the tranny. They replace the whole tranny when something goes bad. So the cost is around 10K for a new tranny therefore Mits will do everything to make sure it wasn't there problem.

Jose
Well I'm screwed then lol. How does an intake void a trans warranty LOL. Mits is dumb as hell
Old Mar 18, 2013, 11:46 AM
Evolving Member

Because they say they built the tranny for the stock hp/tq numbers... Gotta love it
Old Mar 18, 2013, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by robnval
Because they say they built the tranny for the stock hp/tq numbers... Gotta love it

What a load of crap! Who buys a Evo to keep it stock........Look at evo 8-9.......people pushing those things over 1100hp and makes up a excuse like oh we built the trans to handle 230whp. LOL what a crock. Sorry im ranting a little Well i dont think id have to 2nd guess Chris's work.....His tune and my light bolt ons will be good for a long while. So i can pay off my other car. Evo modding is addicting.......All the money im dropping into our MR is what i planned to pay extra on my second car LOL. After the tune and 3 port im done for a while unless one hell of a deal pops up.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 06:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lol anyone have a 2 gauge pillar for an evo 8? i bought a 3 gauge, but i changed my mind about buying a serial gauge so the empty hole is annoying
Old Mar 18, 2013, 07:36 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
What a load of crap! Who buys a Evo to keep it stock........Look at evo 8-9.......people pushing those things over 1100hp and makes up a excuse like oh we built the trans to handle 230whp. LOL what a crock. Sorry im ranting a little Well i dont think id have to 2nd guess Chris's work.....His tune and my light bolt ons will be good for a long while. So i can pay off my other car. Evo modding is addicting.......All the money im dropping into our MR is what i planned to pay extra on my second car LOL. After the tune and 3 port im done for a while unless one hell of a deal pops up.
They voided mine by the 1st oil change. And i have a 9
Old Mar 18, 2013, 08:17 PM
Evolving Member

Well I'm screwed then lol. How does an intake void a trans warranty LOL. Mits is dumb as hell
Because the intake will change your air to fuel ratio which will affect your hp/tq. Because you increased the hp/tq you will cause more wear and affects on the tranny which it wasn't meant for.

Originally Posted by robnval
Yup lol.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by OsaSooSmooth
What do you have to trade ... I have a double din stock head unit.
Double din as in the navi? Or the rockford? I have a after market alpine flipout and can put cash on my side. Spec if its the navi

Quick Reply: ***Official HI Chat Thread***