Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

***Official HI Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2013, 07:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If your going to get cams and have the money, get the bushur racing 272's, if your cheap get the gsc 2
Old Mar 20, 2013, 10:28 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^buschur doesn't make evo x cams
Old Mar 20, 2013, 10:54 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by LOLvtec
Any one on here cammed? ( evo x) been debating doing cams to lol. But I don't want to have to do springs to. Just want a smooth easy cam swap haha. But torque is what kills the auto trannys if I recall...damn.....makes me wish I woulda just picked up a GSR lol.
The only person that cammed a Evo X from my knowledge here in HI is Tai. If you are wondering if it makes a big difference Yes it does. Tai gain 40hp if I remember correctly.

If you are going to replace the cams why not replace the factory springs while the head is off? Makes no sense to do all the work for the cams and leave the stock springs and risk having a floating valve.

Torque is what kills the MR tranny and the our blocks but for basic bolt-ons with cams everything will be good. The stock MR tranny clutches could hold up to 399tq without a problem.

Jose
Old Mar 20, 2013, 10:55 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by robnval
^buschur doesn't make evo x cams
Yeah that sucks! From what I heard the BR cams for the 8s and 9s are sweet but for some reason BR isn't big on the Xs.

Jose
Old Mar 20, 2013, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Madrican
The only person that cammed a Evo X from my knowledge here in HI is Tai. If you are wondering if it makes a big difference Yes it does. Tai gain 40hp if I remember correctly.

If you are going to replace the cams why not replace the factory springs while the head is off? Makes no sense to do all the work for the cams and leave the stock springs and risk having a floating valve.

Torque is what kills the MR tranny and the our blocks but for basic bolt-ons with cams everything will be good. The stock MR tranny clutches could hold up to 399tq without a problem.

Jose
jesus you gotta pull the head to do cams? Da fuq lol. sorry for my lack of searching.........but i dont think i have ever seen a car where u have to pull the head to do cams lol. That sounds like a *****. I might as well just have ARP head studs and all that jazz put in to......Hell if im takin the head off might as well drop it by sniders for a nice port and valve job. God......I hate u jose lol. now ur giving me all these crazy idea's..... I was looking at the kelford cams..but guess i have more research to do.

I dont think ill have a problem staying under that TQ cuz im staying stock turbo for a long time lol. wanna get all my bolt ons first.
Old Mar 20, 2013, 01:32 PM

also my periodic service light poped on. Dealership is gunna change the oil for free and "check all other fluids" Maybe i can get them to flush the trans while their at it LOL.
Old Mar 20, 2013, 03:23 PM

Well got my **** from Depo racing today. The whole inside of the LICP has a film of over spray all inside of it. I wanted the regular silver piping but no they sent me friggin the black one. any ways.....now i have a 3in LICP lol. Boost guage wiring is pretty short.............so i have no choice but to do a A-pillar. So Jose ill buy ur A-pillar pod lol. only if u help me install my guages and ill pay a little more
Old Mar 20, 2013, 03:56 PM
Evolving Member

jesus you gotta pull the head to do cams? Da fuq lol. sorry for my lack of searching.........but i dont think i have ever seen a car where u have to pull the head to do cams lol. That sounds like a *****. I might as well just have ARP head studs and all that jazz put in to......Hell if im takin the head off might as well drop it by sniders for a nice port and valve job. God......I hate u jose lol. now ur giving me all these crazy idea's..... I was looking at the kelford cams..but guess i have more research to do.

I dont think ill have a problem staying under that TQ cuz im staying stock turbo for a long time lol. wanna get all my bolt ons first.
For ours cars you dont have to pull the head off but you have to take off almost everything else lol. Unlike the 8s and 9s our cars are run by timing chains. So you have to remove almost everything in the side. Sorry I should have explain more what I meant lol.

also my periodic service light poped on. Dealership is gunna change the oil for free and "check all other fluids" Maybe i can get them to flush the trans while their at it LOL.
That will be bad *** if they will do that for you.

Well got my **** from Depo racing today. The whole inside of the LICP has a film of over spray all inside of it. I wanted the regular silver piping but no they sent me friggin the black one. any ways.....now i have a 3in LICP lol. Boost guage wiring is pretty short.............so i have no choice but to do a A-pillar. So Jose ill buy ur A-pillar pod lol. only if u help me install my guages and ill pay a little more
Have no problem helping you but I will not be able to sell my A-pillar until my replacement is here. What I ordered is made to order so it will be a while.

Jose
Old Mar 20, 2013, 05:05 PM

ah ok, i didn't know br didn't make cams for the x, i know for the 8/9 the br cams are by far the best, but also the most expensive, and thanks rey for the gauge pillar and the antenna, antenna already looks 100% then the crap i had on there lol can't beat $10 and not having to have it shipped
Old Mar 20, 2013, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Madrican
For ours cars you dont have to pull the head off but you have to take off almost everything else lol. Unlike the 8s and 9s our cars are run by timing chains. So you have to remove almost everything in the side. Sorry I should have explain more what I meant lol.

That will be bad *** if they will do that for you.

Have no problem helping you but I will not be able to sell my A-pillar until my replacement is here. What I ordered is made to order so it will be a while.

Jose
holy **** jose! ur killin me! haha. :P how long are we talkin? lol.
Old Mar 20, 2013, 05:31 PM

Finally got my whip back from Import Dynamics. Now just waiting for AMS in June......
Old Mar 20, 2013, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by markjr11bravo
Finally got my whip back from Import Dynamics. Now just waiting for AMS in June......
about time lol
Old Mar 20, 2013, 06:22 PM

Chris is coming in July lol. hopefully mid July.....like after the 15th cuz Im going on leave June 5th - Jul 3rd..
Old Mar 20, 2013, 06:56 PM

Location: Philippines/japan/korea/Kuwait/iraq/Florida/alaska/washington state/ hawaii/texas
congratulations on your E-6 promotion...
Old Mar 20, 2013, 07:07 PM

Chris is coming in July lol. hopefully mid July.....like after the 15th cuz Im going on leave June 5th - Jul 3rd..
my car ships to cali June 15th

Quick Reply: ***Official HI Chat Thread***