Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

***Official HI Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2013, 01:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LOLvtec
wahoo! ok then project this weekend ill bring the 30 pack and everyone can come and we can guess lol.
Hey everyone been reading this thread for awhile but just haven't gotten around to posting. Just did fluid change this week on transmission, transfer case, and rear diff on my 08 GSR. What a pain in the neck it was, literally. Took me 2 days, most time consuming parts were taking off the plastic panel and using multiple tools and maneuvers to break the drain/fill bolts loose since they were put on super tight. I've changed the fluids on my s2k in the past and nowhere near this painful. Plus I just realized that there are 2 compartments for the rear diff, and I only got the Diaqueen LSD oil from Cutter Mitsu, so I gotta go back again and get the ATF SPIII for the rear compartment. So another couple of hours of work, sigh.

If anybody knows of a trust-worth shop around the island, let me know, coz I just might just let someone else do it next time. And please don't say Jiffy Lube lol
Old Mar 22, 2013, 01:21 AM

I'm not picking side or anything but If arrogance was rewarded, I'm pretty damn sure there would be more Evos at C&C than yourself.

In retrospect, there seems to be a huge amount of evo owners that show up the NEX meets.

What I'm getting at is JDM don't really get along well with (mainly at C&C) Euro.

Now back to the original debate: Bark vs. Bite
Old Mar 22, 2013, 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by FA77EN
I'm not picking side or anything but If arrogance was rewarded, I'm pretty damn sure there would be more Evos at C&C than yourself.

In retrospect, there seems to be a huge amount of evo owners that show up the NEX meets.

What I'm getting at is JDM don't really get along well with (mainly at C&C) Euro.

Now back to the original debate: Bark vs. Bite
Evo owners have the reputation for being stuck up and "too good" for everyone else, lol. I've noticed that you guys can be pretty clique-ish, which is the opposite of what C&C is about.

I think you guys should actually give C&C a go when it's not pouring rain. Everyone there is super cool, and no one acts "arrogant" that I've seen. They're a very welcoming group. Much more so than the first evo meet I attended. Don't you remember that, Michael?

Also, there's plenty of JDM and KDM at C&C. It's not all Euros. There's usually a few NSX's, GT-Rs, and Hondas. Then there's the Hyundai group that usually makes a good showing, and they're mostly younger guys, too.
Old Mar 22, 2013, 01:32 AM

I refuse to participate. I'm just gonna go tinker with vw and be angry in my garage.
Old Mar 22, 2013, 01:41 AM

I refuse to participate. I'm just gonna go tinker with vw and be angry in my garage.
Ah now, you can't jump in and then slink away once you get spoken to directly.

Old Mar 22, 2013, 01:43 AM
Evolving Member

I would go to c&c but its early as ****.. Which is a no-go since some of us drink too much... *cough* ... Flo lmao
Old Mar 22, 2013, 01:44 AM
Evolving Member

But anyway.... Off to Maui tomorrow morning so I'm going to bed!
Old Mar 22, 2013, 01:46 AM

Seriously, though. I have asked several times what I did to cause this animosity, and the only response seems to be that I am arrogant. Yet no one can give me any specifics on how that is. Here I will admit to being condescending: perhaps we have different definitions of arrogance, or some people are altogether confused about its meaning, since I can look through this thread, and pretty much pick a random page and find a glaring example of arrogance that is not ever addressed.

Fine. How do you think I am arrogant? Is it because of how I type/speak with proper grammar and spelling? Is it because I actually have the gall to voice opinions on this forum? Do you feel I don't belong here? Or is my "arrogance" especially insulting since I'm the outsider (civilian, woman, "new" to the island)? I'm genuinely curious, though I have a feeling I know the reason already.

I will admit to trying to "change the game" when I came back, because at the time, I was told by several people that there were no regular meets and that the local evo scene had fallen apart. I wanted to change that, since I'm passionate about cars, and it's a good way to make friends with similar interests.

It doesn't hurt my feelings that you don't text me, Rob. I'd actually asked a few members not to share my number, and I still hear about the GTGs anyway. I'm not interested in meets where you park illegally and have to worry about being asked to leave/pushed to some place else.

I have been a part of EvoM for 6 years, and an Evo owner off an on since 2006. I'm not going anywhere. So I will continue to invite anyone that wants to come to any sanctioned meet ups I can find. I will post about them here. If anyone wants to PM me any questions so as not to get shunned, feel free.

Mic drop/Bambi out
Old Mar 22, 2013, 01:51 AM

Your first evo meet at waikele was not horrible.
You were a newbie and that's all. My everyday do you meet a girl that's an evo owner. That's rare here in Hawaii. This island is a totally different world from the mainland.
I'm sure there are other car enthusiast that attend C&C other than euros, but from my personal preference and opinion, I refuse to wake up early to go hangout and mingle with a bunch of Honda, Hyundai, and NSX owners.
Literally, not my cup of coffee.
Old Mar 22, 2013, 02:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by robnval
No worries bro... Me and Bambi have been like this for a while. You didn't start anything or cause drama. She will tell you the same thing.... Water under the bridge
Thanks Rob.
I appreciate it.

This.
Is tons of fun!
Tinkering with Volkswagens is always fun!
And when I say fun I mean frustrating.......
My Vanagon is not too happy with me.......

Last edited by CN9Adaiski; Mar 22, 2013 at 02:39 AM.
Old Mar 22, 2013, 02:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I sure wont be showing up to C&C, I'm about to be 26, and just finished 7 years in the army.......so I'm enjoying being able to sleep in, I will be at the nex sat night though
Old Mar 22, 2013, 03:19 AM

I just bought an ams cai and a truboost gauge..I was going to wait till the ams guy came down but I will be leaving in June and would like to install the parts before I leave..on the ams website it said that the cai required a tune to work properly and could hurt the engine if not..so I was wondering if I can get a good tune from somewhere???
Old Mar 22, 2013, 09:01 AM

Literally, not my cup of coffee.
Cheesy.....
Old Mar 22, 2013, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by BambiTLK
I'm not interested in meets where you park illegally and have to worry about being asked to leave/pushed to some place else.
Im confused. We aren't interested in those meets either. Which is why we don't go to those places once we identify an issue. There are cops around every single meet and Waikiki even has roving security guards. Yet we haven't been asked to leave or move in months. Even our last photo shoot at at Kapolei had a security guard right there who gave us the go ahead after we asked permission to take photos for a little while. So I don't know how we are "illegally parking"??
Old Mar 22, 2013, 09:08 AM

*waikeli not Waikiki

Quick Reply: ***Official HI Chat Thread***