Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

***Official HI Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2010, 04:47 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by geminibby
Some of the locals will chime in, but from what I'm told, there are none. Pretty much people specialize in some area of build/maintenance and they get together to fix or do whatever. EvoVIII808 rebuilt his whole engine, constant_boost has peeps that will take care of anything electrical.
So who's dyno and what did you make? I shot you an email eariler. My evo is at BR getting last of the mods on and tuned. Big thing is gas is 92 oct vice the 93 you're use to.
well im definitly gonna have to connect with yall when i get there. i left connecticut this morning and im in brooklyn, ny now. just picked up the evo from the shop after not having it for a year. just like you, im on build number three. hopefully this is it. tuned and making 440awhp and 411ftlbs. im gonna ship it like that and work with you guys once i get there. my first dyno was with THE SHOP in Norwalk, CT back in 2007 with some bolt ons making 307awhp/280ft lbs. then SWIFT Motorsports in Norwich, CT in 2008 with stock turbo and more bolt ons making 346awhp/???ft lbs. after the big bad bearing monster got me in 2009, my car was down in Long island at Top Level Performance. their tuner was E-SPEC (Erkel) and thats when i made 440awhp/411ftlbs on thedynojet. he was conservative which i think is good and decent for me for now. im not likeing the 92 oct but i guess its better than the 91 in cali...lol

Last edited by EVOJR$; Dec 4, 2010 at 05:56 AM.
Old Dec 2, 2010, 05:10 PM
Account Disabled

Hawaii is gettin a good guy in Junior, congrats on the move bro and we goin to miss u on this side man

Originally Posted by EVOJR$
well im definitly gonna have to connect with yall when i get there. i left connecticut this morning and im in brooklyn, ny now. just picked up the evo from the shop after not having it for a year. just like you, im on build number three. hopefully this is it. tuned and making 440awhp and 411ftlbs. im gonna ship it like that and work with you guys once i get there. my first dyno was with THE SHOP in Norwalk, CT back in 2007 with some bolt ons making 307awhp/280ft lbs. then SWIFT Motorsports in Norwich, CT in 2008 with stock turbo and more bolt ons making 346awhp/???ft lbs. after the big bad bearing monster got me in 2009, my car was down in Long island at Top Level Performance. their tuner is E-SPEC (Erkel) and thats when i made 440awhp/411ftlbs on thedynojet. he was conservative which i think is good and decent for me for now. im not likeing the 92 oct but i guess its better than the 91 in cali...lol
Old Dec 2, 2010, 05:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
just warning you we have no tracks in hawaii. so if you like racing there is only one place to do it unfortunately. we get zero support from our local PD. good luck with your move. its funny i am from bk and lived in ct for a while lol.
Old Dec 2, 2010, 05:21 PM

Hi Ed!
Old Dec 2, 2010, 09:09 PM

Hey EVO club, Sorry there wont be a meet this friday due to people getting ready for the car show next weekend so party it up and be safe
Old Dec 3, 2010, 05:44 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by cbareng
Hi Ed!
hi cbareng
Old Dec 3, 2010, 06:09 AM
Evolving Member

Getting all the last bit parts that i need for the car before I get home. Still out to sea again. I'll keep you all posted on my tune with the new set up but the only thing is im tuning for 91 oct. I wish they have E85 in the island. Wonder when are they going to have it.

Any one running any coilovers in the car? Im thinking about putting mine in, think its going to pass safety?
Old Dec 3, 2010, 10:15 AM
Evolving Member

flo what boat are you on. I dont think they'll ever have e85 out here unless they find a way to convert pineapple into fuel, lol.

Jr, I agree, 92 is better than 91. at least someone sells 100 oct. Does anyone know exactly where and how much? I heard its on king st.
Old Dec 3, 2010, 12:07 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by flo2877
Getting all the last bit parts that i need for the car before I get home. Still out to sea again. I'll keep you all posted on my tune with the new set up but the only thing is im tuning for 91 oct. I wish they have E85 in the island. Wonder when are they going to have it.

Any one running any coilovers in the car? Im thinking about putting mine in, think its going to pass safety?
I dont think hawaii will ever have E85, even though it will be cheaper for them. the Shipping cost would prob kill them.
Im running Skunk 2 Pro C in my ride they handle much better then my Tein S. and i did pass inspection with them on.

100oct is on King street. $10 a Gallon. If you take nimitz up to resturant row. Make a left at the red light. Go down about 3 street to king street, make a RIGHT, and the 76 Station will be on the Right hand side.
Old Dec 3, 2010, 07:52 PM
Evolving Member

flo what boat are you on. I dont think they'll ever have e85 out here unless they find a way to convert pineapple into fuel, lol.

Jr, I agree, 92 is better than 91. at least someone sells 100 oct. Does anyone know exactly where and how much? I heard its on king st.
im in the USS George washington. Ill see if I tune for 100 oct too.

thanks for the INFO for the coilovers, I have JIC FLT's
Old Dec 3, 2010, 10:16 PM
Evolved Member

Blah... ONE WEEK left until the replacements get here. 100oct is off of king st in honoruru. its ~$10 / gal. i would rather just tune on race gas.
Old Dec 3, 2010, 10:16 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by flo2877
im in the USS George washington. Ill see if I tune for 100 oct too.

thanks for the INFO for the coilovers, I have JIC FLT's

yes off kings street, its the 76 gas station it sells 100 octane racing fule but it cost 10 bucks a gallon, it is freakin insane expensive, i am currently looking into what it would take to be a distributor or either VP or sonoco, my dad worked for sonoco for over 10 years so he should beable to let me know how to get it shipped to hawaii, i'm not really a business major but i'll tell you i'm sure its going to take ordering several hundreds of gallons of what ever would be more popular, i will check on getting E85, but as for bang for the buck, i'm looking into 100, 105 and 110 octane prices as far as ordering by the drum, i'll keep you guys posted, whats up ED, you'll be home in the 1st or 2nd week of jan.?
Old Dec 4, 2010, 09:55 AM
Evolving Member

This is the worst!! i go to ship the evo in jersey over to hawaii yesterday. come to find out, the fpred that was sent back to me after getting rebuilt is shot. shaft play on it is bad!! now i have to leave the evo and take the turbo out and have it sent in again. the turbo now has exactly 54 miles on it. when my red gave out 5 months ago in july, it lasted about 90 miles. is it common to have problems with the fpreds? WTF!?! i have to transfer in 3 weeks and now i have to wait on a turbo?!?

Last edited by EVOJR$; Dec 7, 2010 at 03:37 PM.
Old Dec 4, 2010, 05:28 PM
Evolved Member

i will be back the first week of Jan. I am pretty sure that getting the gas you are looking for is going to be more than just buying it.

JR fp turbos are hit or miss with failure. have you talked to FP already? I would just ship the car with a stock turbo and change it once you get out to hawaii.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 02:03 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by *constant_boost
i will be back the first week of Jan. I am pretty sure that getting the gas you are looking for is going to be more than just buying it.

JR fp turbos are hit or miss with failure. have you talked to FP already? I would just ship the car with a stock turbo and change it once you get out to hawaii.
i talked to fp and they are saying to have it removed and sent in again. had this same issue like 3-4 months ago. get the turbo back and its the same issue. makes no sense. use the oil they recommended, the oil lines they sell down to the filter housing. they said it was the thrust bearing before. so i guess we will see. but i have to ship out by the end of the month and the evo needs to get out before i do. i dont have a stock sturbo anymore to throw on it. im just tired of feeling like im gettin the short end of the stick. but ill keep yall posted.

Quick Reply: ***Official HI Chat Thread***