Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

***Official HI Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2010, 06:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
buy a stocker off here and throw it on fast? hell even just an 8 turbo will work for daily driving under no boost. this is only to get it shipped out. hell you can do a valet map (i have one for a IX that i made for my buddy) so the shipping company cant joy ride your car.

Last edited by SLO-EVO; Dec 5, 2010 at 06:35 PM.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 11:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just wanted to drop in and say hello to the Evom guys here in Hawaii..I'm here on vacation for a week..first time for me here and you Guys are blessed with some of the nicest twisty roads I've ever seen despite the beautiful weather. So, are there any evo meets around Maui?
Old Dec 5, 2010, 11:49 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by FerdEVO03
Just wanted to drop in and say hello to the Evom guys here in Hawaii..I'm here on vacation for a week..first time for me here and you Guys are blessed with some of the nicest twisty roads I've ever seen despite the beautiful weather. So, are there any evo meets around Maui?
sorry sad to say there's not meets in maui...you'll have to go oahu for that...what part of maui you at?
Old Dec 6, 2010, 03:53 PM

I'm at kaanapali, staying at the Sheraton beach resort hangin with the wapce;-)
Old Dec 6, 2010, 06:29 PM
Evolving Member

JR, sorry to hear about the turbo. I'll tell you what, my evo8 white rabbit was just taken off my car at BR. You can use that to get your car over here. I wouldnt charge you anything for it, just pay for shipping it from br to where youre at. I really hope the wait isnt like anything like what I waited for. My buddy was waiting for 3 months just to get a black to swap out his red to me....waiting was all we did.

Anyone have an idea or would like to help in changing out a knock sensor? Apparently my car knocks really bad and it could be a bad sensor (its a start). I just have to wait for it to get over here. Its ships out from BR wednesday.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 07:43 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by FerdEVO03
I'm at kaanapali, staying at the Sheraton beach resort hangin with the wapce;-)
OH SNAP!!! thats where i work...but i'm on leave till the 19th of this month...BLACK ROCK BABY CHEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Old Dec 7, 2010, 06:10 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by geminibby
JR, sorry to hear about the turbo. I'll tell you what, my evo8 white rabbit was just taken off my car at BR. You can use that to get your car over here. I wouldnt charge you anything for it, just pay for shipping it from br to where youre at. I really hope the wait isnt like anything like what I waited for. My buddy was waiting for 3 months just to get a black to swap out his red to me....waiting was all we did.

Anyone have an idea or would like to help in changing out a knock sensor? Apparently my car knocks really bad and it could be a bad sensor (its a start). I just have to wait for it to get over here. Its ships out from BR wednesday.
dave,
thank a mil. i will keep that in mind if plan A doesnt work. its on a fed-ex plane being overnighted to fp right now. as long as they can turn that around and get it back to me in 2 weeks im good. plan b will be to overnight yours from br. which i will gladly pay for. i will call fp once they get it to see what they will do for a turnaround and let you know. thanks again bro.
Old Dec 7, 2010, 07:09 PM
Evolving Member

Well don't thank me just yet. Car gets picked up tomorrow for coming out here. If need be, call Nick and ask him to pull it out of the car and call me (dont worry about the time difference) if he needs to. Explain that your coming out here and what Chiefs do.
Personally, I don't think you'll have it back in 2 weeks. You may want to get a confirmation (in writing) that they'll pay for the extra shipping to ship it out to hawaii if they can't get it to you by the time your car is picked up.
Old Dec 8, 2010, 02:57 AM
Evolving Member

I believe the knock sensor is on the back side of the motor, under the intake manifold around where the radiator return line runs. I think there should be 2 sensors back there. The Radiator Temp Sensor, and the Knock. I believe its a Twist in/ Twist out operation. Easy change if you have your intake manifold off
Old Dec 8, 2010, 10:40 AM
Evolving Member

Well don't thank me just yet. Car gets picked up tomorrow for coming out here. If need be, call Nick and ask him to pull it out of the car and call me (dont worry about the time difference) if he needs to. Explain that your coming out here and what Chiefs do.
Personally, I don't think you'll have it back in 2 weeks. You may want to get a confirmation (in writing) that they'll pay for the extra shipping to ship it out to hawaii if they can't get it to you by the time your car is picked up.
Roger that. imma call him now and let him know. Navy Chief, Navy Pride baby!
I spoke to robert (owner) at FP last night and he seemed willing to help me out in this situation. they should have the turbo before 3pm today. getting confirmation sounds like a good idea to prevent confusion and miscommunication later on. ill post up and let you know how it goes.
Old Dec 8, 2010, 08:31 PM
Evolving Member

JR, sorry to hear about the turbo. I'll tell you what, my evo8 white rabbit was just taken off my car at BR. You can use that to get your car over here. I wouldnt charge you anything for it, just pay for shipping it from br to where youre at. I really hope the wait isnt like anything like what I waited for. My buddy was waiting for 3 months just to get a black to swap out his red to me....waiting was all we did.......
well dave,
it was a no go on the turbo. i called nick at buschur today right after i posted above, and he said the car had gotten picked up about 20-30 minutes before i called him. so FP is my last hope providing they can turn around my red asap. we'll see.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 10:43 AM

I was bored online and I found this. idk if any evox guys can use this. but w/e
http://www.aj-racing.com/shop/bmy_se...8&type=&page=1
Old Dec 17, 2010, 02:56 PM
Evolving Member

Does anyone have any recommendations for replacing a knock sensor?
Old Dec 17, 2010, 06:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you mean where to have it done or where to get one?
Old Dec 18, 2010, 02:58 PM

Clean White Evo 8 last night waved at me last night at NEX Chevron gas station. I think met you before dont remember.

Quick Reply: ***Official HI Chat Thread***