Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

***Official HI Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2011, 11:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SAD-EVO
Constant_boost , was that you driving last weekend?
lmao yup. not only did i get pulled over, my car pooped. apparently my ignition wiring was bad. i found this out a day later lol.
Old Jan 17, 2011, 11:37 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by stpkenton
ummm. i don't think we are doing this tonight. i never got a pm.
I was there anyways. Saw an Apex Silver 8 riding around looking, we were doing laps in the parking lot. I just left.

Originally Posted by geminibby
someone shoot me a txt, 843-209-9121. Constant, are you back in town now?
I am back now. New plates. Same car lol.

Originally Posted by EVOJR$
Did y'all meet this past friday? I'm missin everything. I gotta get out more. I did finally find rad motorsports this weekend. When's the next meet?
Originally Posted by SAD-EVO
Constant_boost , was that you driving last weekend?
See above reply lol

Originally Posted by *constant_boost
lmao yup. not only did i get pulled over, my car pooped. apparently my ignition wiring was bad. i found this out a day later lol.
Old Jan 17, 2011, 11:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry guys there wasn't a cruise this weekend... I work next Friday so I'm thinking we cruise Saturday. New guys shoot me your numbers so I can include y'all in my texts... Looking forward to seeing a lot of new faces this weekend!!
Old Jan 17, 2011, 02:37 PM

i wish we have evo meets here in kauai too.. or we dont even have enough people to make one...
Old Jan 17, 2011, 07:57 PM

Start a club in Kauai!! Even if there is only 3 of you it would just make it more exclusive!!
Old Jan 17, 2011, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by *constant_boost

yah that was scary, that bike cop came out of nowhere. what did you get busted for?
Old Jan 17, 2011, 11:49 PM

yeah i think i should... i gon have to find kauai guys with evo, just finding them is the hard part... well, kauai people, hit me up if u guys wanna meet up someday...
Old Jan 18, 2011, 05:21 AM

I had a question that I've been wondering about on and off for a while. From your guys' side, what are the base Lancers to your guys? I see a lot of Evos all around, but a lot of the time, I just get weird looks when I say wassup. Granted, on "some" of these occasions, they looked like kids spoiled on their parents money. I was just wondering if Evo owners feel that their base Lancer siblings are just inferior to them for being something less than that of an Evo and that they belong with other base Lancers. I'm assuming that this isn't the case and that I just run into scrubs, but I thought I'd ask for some insight on it since I don't drive an Evo and wouldn't know the Evo owner side of the story. I'd like to hit up meets and stuff but I feel small kine shame because of this assumption of not belonging.

In other news, any X owners wanna trade their Recaros for my seats plus cash? lol. Long shot but it never hurt to ask. Sat in a RA with Recaros and fell in love with the seats. Also looking for a high X spoiler (TB preferred).
Old Jan 18, 2011, 12:11 PM

ChaosSoldier- In a quick sentence or two, my view is kind of like this... A base Lancer is an economy car. Am I ever going to be shady or not say what's up when you wave or if you came to a meet (if I ever went lol), no. No way. I'd always be cool and am always happy to see other fellow car people that cool and nice. However, some people aren't going to notice you or consider you one of "them" because, in the end, the base Lancer and the Evo are worlds apart. It really isn't the difference of say a base 350z and Nismo 350z. Or a base RX7 and an RX7 R1/2. Those cars are essentially the same except for fine details. The difference between base Lancers and Evos is just too much for words. You get an insular feeling from Evo owners because in a lot of ways, we do drive completely different cars. You're always going to be in an unhill battle. In order to be really accepted or for people not to initially give you sideways looks, you'd need to build a respectable car that people can acknowledge as something more than an economy car... if that makes any sense. I really don't want that to come off as dik sounding, so please don't take it that way. Just a little insight from a guy that started out in 1999 with a 70 whp Saturn SL1 (now making 300 whp)... I understand earning a little respect.

*constant_boost- Man, I got to get out to a meet and check out your car... and say thanks for all the advice you've given. I need some more motivation to get some parts on the Evo.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 03:07 PM
Evolved Member

joe you live down the street from me. i live in ewa between zippys and blockbuster. you should stop by after work.

@ Chaos - Man I don't discriminate at all when it comes to cars. If you are an enthusiast, then you are just that. I wave at subarus, RA, etc. I don't necessarily notice EVERYONE that waves at me. Sometimes you get caught off gaurd. Hell I had a mustang throw me the shaka. I was like WTF but returned it. I might talk **** once in a while but that is just out of fun. Besides, if someone thought of your car as "inferior" they are idiots. I have seen the best sleepers be a car someone was laughing at.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 03:18 PM

For sure. I'll try and stop down soon. When are you out of here again?

Exactly. It isn't an inferior/superior thing to me (and the majority of car enthusiasts, I think). More of a "you drive a different car" thing when it comes to make/model specific meets, so there is some suprise when you show up out of the blue.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 08:56 PM
Evolved Member

i leave around the first of march. my car will be leaving in a few weeks.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by ChaosSoldier
I had a question that I've been wondering about on and off for a while. From your guys' side, what are the base Lancers to your guys? I see a lot of Evos all around, but a lot of the time, I just get weird looks when I say wassup. Granted, on "some" of these occasions, they looked like kids spoiled on their parents money. I was just wondering if Evo owners feel that their base Lancer siblings are just inferior to them for being something less than that of an Evo and that they belong with other base Lancers. I'm assuming that this isn't the case and that I just run into scrubs, but I thought I'd ask for some insight on it since I don't drive an Evo and wouldn't know the Evo owner side of the story. I'd like to hit up meets and stuff but I feel small kine shame because of this assumption of not belonging.

In other news, any X owners wanna trade their Recaros for my seats plus cash? lol. Long shot but it never hurt to ask. Sat in a RA with Recaros and fell in love with the seats. Also looking for a high X spoiler (TB preferred).
I'd have to agree with what everyone else said here. I wouldn't not throw up a shaka or w/e just because it is a lancer but I do agree with the7thsin that it is a much different car. I'm most likely the youngest one here and bought my car with my own money by working and investing. I have yet to see or met someone my age though. Everyone I know is a lot older than me and in the military.

Anyways Brandon you work this friday or next friday? So are we meeting up this week? Sean and I were thinking about putting together a BBQ possibly sometime soon, I don't know if he mentioned it to you but would anyone be down?
Old Jan 19, 2011, 12:22 AM
Evolving Member

Hello everyone been busy with the family and the car. Well we are in Vegas already and been working on the car to get it ready to be shipped to hawaii. We get there on FEB 8 but i don't get to ship the car next week or the other week after that. Still waiting on my turbo to get in. Im looking forward to the meets and meeting you all.

Flo
Old Jan 19, 2011, 03:01 AM

Thanks for the reply guys. It's good to know that there are good people in this community. I always thought the Mitsu community here was dead since I never saw it. Doesn't help that I'm townside and I'm assuming everyone (or a lot) are more the west side of the island and other parts that aren't really near town.

I guess for me, I see the Lancer and the Evo as the same car, just in different tiers. I understand that performance-wise, they are both very different "cars", but I think that that's where it begins for guys that have Evos and big egos. They think that their car is superior just because they have a better car starting off. To me both will be one car. That's just how I feel, but I do know that their performance as cars are very much different. I guess it just depends on how you view them.

Is it me, or is everybody here in the military? lol. I mean, I guess because your guys' income can support affording an Evo, it would make sense to see guys from the military with them, but I don't really see anyone else with an Evo. Not that it's bad at all (who doesn't want to have an Evo?), just an observation of mine.

Quick Reply: ***Official HI Chat Thread***