Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

***Official HI Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2011, 01:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
never seen that thread before even more reason i feel there is a need to have our own forum, rather than share one board with 4 other states.

as for club808, i've always gone there in the past and am sad to see it so dead not only is there no activity there, but almost all the boards are full of spam. i didnt mean to step on any toes, just wanted to try to provide a fresh start, a place for the evos of hawaii to gather online.

i personally dont have a problem w/ the lancers coming aboard too, ChaosSoldier. in fact, i think you've already signed up? hoping for more activity there!
Old Mar 28, 2011, 02:03 AM

scsi you should come out to the meets if you want to start a club online you can gather people more that way!
Old Mar 28, 2011, 02:08 AM

i plan to come to the meets when i clean up my car a bit

not exactly trying to start a club or anything, just a place for people to gather online, kind of like the friday meets except online all day everyday i welcome all clubs to gather here as well and would be willing to create a board specific to any existing evo club(s) in hawaii
Old Mar 28, 2011, 02:10 AM

no need to clean the car! just come out this friday. hopefully my car will be done too otherwise im bringing a matrix. is it possible to ask evom to separate us since on iclub and s2ki they do separate hawaii from the rest of the west region
Old Mar 28, 2011, 03:51 AM
Evolving Member

Hey Ed, truth hurts. And if you have such a problem with what I said, come to my house den. U know where I live also.

Originally Posted by *constant_boost
Key board tough guy. Apparently I am a "wanna be hard ***." Come to my house and say it. You know where I live.

Last edited by The-Evo; Mar 29, 2011 at 01:45 PM.
Old Mar 28, 2011, 08:58 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by The-Evo
Hey Ed, truth hurts. And if you have such a problem with what I said, come to my house den. U know where I live also. Noone gives a crap about your bull**** tuner. Chris has better things to do, then chase away your tuners, two possible tunes. Oh wait, Tony isent even here.
O'damm Nivez, hey I got your back. But seriously Ed it's like god put u on this earth to **** people off, one of these days someones going to throw a beating your way, might not be today or tomorrow and it might not be Nivez or me but it's going to happen one day. Just chill out somewhat, a wise man once told me that it's easier to catch bees with honey then vinegar. It would be easier for us EVO owners to help eachother out rather then hating on one another.
Old Mar 28, 2011, 01:18 PM

lol you guys are teh funny!!

who cares who comes out. everyone has there own preferance in tuners...... some like AMS others like MELLON and other's prefer to just mod and not tune and wonder why there car popped.

AMS has been coming out to hawaii 2 times a year. in the summer and winter. no one was trying to step on anyones toes but these have always been the way it is for the ams tune schudule.

there is however one tuner (not mentioning names) that does come out when he hears of a tuner coming and comes down at the same time weather its AMS or PDX and try's to steal ppls tunes and also under cut prices and thats BS.

i know ed and tony have tried to bring down MELLON a few times b4 but some of the guys that were interested PCS'd or things have changed in conflict of schedule. MELLON isnt a bad tuner so no need in the name smashing its just by preference.

Im sure chris(mellon) & chris(ams) would agree here its about who you would prefer to tune your car and at the end of the day your the one who is spending the cash and its up to you as the owner of the car to figure whos style best fits your needs.

so mellon when you come out i would like to say hi and welcome and just cause i aint tuning with ya dont mean i hate ya or im a enemy. at the end of the day were all gear heads who have the same interest in cars.....

ed... no need to start drama about he said she said this and that just bring them down and tune and call it a day.
Old Mar 28, 2011, 01:24 PM
Evolving Member

^^^^Well said. I agree.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 01:34 PM

anyone have a single stock evo8 enkei for sale?

Or a full set of 8/9 enkeis w tires?

Last edited by scsi; Mar 29, 2011 at 03:37 PM.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 01:47 PM
Evolving Member

I do. But the only way that I would ever sell it was if I got an offer I couldnt refuse? There are immaculate.

Originally Posted by scsi
anyone have a single stock evo8 enkei for sale?
Old Mar 29, 2011, 03:38 PM

Do they come w tires? Don't know if I'll be able to make an offer u can't refuse tho lol
Old Mar 29, 2011, 04:08 PM
Evolving Member

It does have tires, but they are not in the greatest shape.

Originally Posted by scsi
Do they come w tires? Don't know if I'll be able to make an offer u can't refuse tho lol
Old Mar 30, 2011, 04:07 PM

Can anyone here recommend a shop to help diagonose my Evo VIII? It runs fine part throttle, but when it comes out of vacuum/goes into boost, it goes *very* lean... I know the tune is good... Don't have time to properly do a boost leak test. Have you guys heard of Leaf racing? Impressions?
Old Mar 30, 2011, 04:12 PM
Evolving Member

If you have any questions on diagnosing it or just plain need help, pm me or constant_boost.

Originally Posted by scrivs
Can anyone here recommend a shop to help diagonose my Evo VIII? It runs fine part throttle, but when it comes out of vacuum/goes into boost, it goes *very* lean... I know the tune is good... Don't have time to properly do a boost leak test. Have you guys heard of Leaf racing? Impressions?
Old Mar 30, 2011, 09:18 PM
Evolving Member

anybody going to the meet this friday? Ill be there

Quick Reply: ***Official HI Chat Thread***