Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

SCLC archives

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2002, 02:53 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I really didnt have painting on the agenda but you can meet up with Kara and other members who may be interested and get it done somewhere. Just for future reference, our meetings doesn't require anyone to stay or anything like that. Members are free to come and go as they please. Heck, you guys can even organize your own plans at the meet and do that to. I just provide the locations, dates and times with no real obligations to the members. Just show up once in awhile and everything is jiggy. I ofcourse will stay and represent SCLC.
Old Oct 13, 2002, 06:31 PM

how do you join sclc?
Old Oct 13, 2002, 06:32 PM

here's a thought maybe we can go hit the canyons?? I just got back from one right now.. really tired its 5:30 in the morning but it was really fun! I kept up with my friend in an impreza.. its just a thought though.. anyone else up for it?
Old Oct 14, 2002, 01:45 AM
Evolved Member

whats up guys? i just posted about your meet at the block on the mirageforums site hopefully i'll be getting some replies about them going...
Old Oct 14, 2002, 04:25 AM
Evolving Member

I plan to organize runs in the future when SCLC gets bigger but since we are still fairly new I try to keep it simple and provide a welcoming atmosphere for new members. The only requirements needed to join our club is that 1) you own a Lancer 2) dedicated to tuning your ride 3) attend our meetings occasionally. Theres nothing to sign, no money involved , and no strings attached. Come check us out.
Old Oct 14, 2002, 04:32 AM

word, i requested next saturday off. im looking forward to meeting all you fellow lancer owners, and get me a shirt and a decal if there in stock, or do both these items require shipping?

hit me up and let me know..

i will be there, count me in!

Last edited by forty; Oct 14, 2002 at 04:38 AM.
Old Oct 14, 2002, 06:16 AM
Evolving Member

Ofcourse man! Other car clubs are welcome to attend our meetings. Club or not, come solo or bring your friends. the more the merrier.
Old Oct 14, 2002, 01:02 PM

mmmmmmmmm...doughnuts....
Old Oct 15, 2002, 05:44 AM
Evolved Member

any know any cool Canyons rd around Sothern california? i know theres one by where i live..carbon canyon..but theres only one fun part got like 15MPH S turn and U turn going up hill and down hill....me and my friend love to go like 45 miles on thos..but its really short.. i want some long canyon track... and we can all drive our lancer and time ourself thru the canyons...INT D style...haha just kidding...everyone drive safe !!
Old Oct 15, 2002, 05:58 AM
Evolving Member

Hey, there are tons of canyons in malibu. Every street off of PCH up there is a canyon. I went up there the other day with some friends to eat at Neptunes Net, where they got shrimp in F&F We could all go eat there. I couldnt believe it, i saw two GT2'S, a Ferrari, and two Dodge Viper's there. I wish i would of had my damn camera. All you do is take PCH all the way up, it runs along the coast. It's very nice, you can see the water the whole time. All the SCLC's should get together and do it. We could meet up and start from my house or something. That would be hella fun. What do yah say guys?

-Mike
Old Oct 15, 2002, 06:39 AM
Evolved Member

Ya malibu area is a good place to coast around. I use to live there and there are many places to drive. Malibu Canyon is pretty straight kanan canyon is a little more funner but there are others that are much more windier. I recommend we coast the malibu. If people want to grub there are plenty of places to hit up. I should be at this meet. Hopefully I am normal before I leave.
Old Oct 15, 2002, 07:56 AM
Evolved Member

hehehehe cool with me man i live about 10min away from malibu on the other side of the mountains...you guys want a really good challenge take Topanga Canyon either heading to the valley or out to malibu either way both ways are real tough! heading to the valley its mainly a up hill climb then from the valley to malibu its mainly downhill but at the beginning its a steep uphill climb then its all downhill from there...at the top of Topanga Canyon theres a little look out point there that has a great view of the San Fernando Valley we could all park the cars there and get a nice shoot there depending on the time we go and how many we are...it might be too small of a spot for all of us to fit...-=oP hehe yeah Topanga Canyon has super tight turns i used to take my Mirage through there alot since i love to fish at Malibu pier -=o] there are tons of S and U turns and they are all one after each other you get into a tight turn than its a small blitz straight away and then your back into a turn...just like akina's canyon pass tight and small S and U turns with small straights then towards the end its a good straight away...but the f*in cops are all over that place now since all the bikers go suicidal through those canyons so yah tough luck....hehe if we plan to cruise those canyons it wont be fast just prolly follow each others lines it would still look dope and alot of fun seeing a ton of Mirages/Lancers one after each other grafting the same line its a trip it looks like a big pull toy -=oP

heh....anyway yeah drive carefully and responsibly through those canyons the raillings arent strong enough to stop a car speeding through that place and its a steep drop to the bottom -=ox

ok hehe hope i didnt spook anyone -=oP take care -=o]

Last edited by DriftRunSir; Oct 15, 2002 at 07:59 AM.
Old Oct 15, 2002, 08:54 AM
Evolved Member

HAHAH omg I just read your DriftRunSir. That is funny you live pretty close to me. My mother lives in your area. So I am always around there. I noticed you go to art center. I guess in a way we are rivalries since I go to Art Institute of Los Angeles. Hah. You ever see me around yell whats up... Does anyone know how many heads are going to show up to Square Orange.
Old Oct 15, 2002, 12:29 PM

hey i think i should be able to make it to this meet. and i live pretty close to you two, drift and obsolete, im right over in chatsworth. Dont go to an art school though.
Old Oct 15, 2002, 11:22 PM
Evolved Member

haha sweet -=o] theres quite a few lancer/mirage owners in San Fernando Valley and theres that one head next to magic mtn. -=oP hehe

obsolete: what are you studying at AI? i was planning to go there but i had no funds to attend so i decided to go to PCC and take basics there and get rid of my GED's and attend art center...hehe anyway...rival...heheh lol nah i actually met a bunch of AI students at a kinkos by my house...late at night all of us were working on our portfolios and stuff -=oP haha anyway yeah i keep an eye out for all the lancers cruising my area so far i haven't seen anyone just older folks cruising around in their OZ's -=oP but i'll definately say whats up if i see you guys around.

DaBMan: all good hehe where in chatsworth exactly? im always around there i got some friends and family right down the street from CHS and i work at Time Warner -=oP hehe

well in any case if you guys are cruising down De Soto ave., Kaiser Hospital or near Taft High School keep an eye for me thats basically my area i live around there and im usually out and about doing erands in that area -=o]

peace! see you guys sometime soon!

Quick Reply: SCLC archives