Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

SCLC archives

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2003, 01:10 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why in So cal? Trying to aviod the drive? Now that i think of it, neither one of you showed to cal slam Its ok, you can show your spirit another time
Old Feb 4, 2003, 01:12 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by KTRLancer02
Why in So cal? Trying to aviod the drive? Now that i think of it, neither one of you showed to cal slam Its ok, you can show your spirit another time
Sorry about that, I was to busy at MotoRex.
Old Feb 4, 2003, 01:27 AM
Bomb Squad Unit #02

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Some people are concerned that if we have Cal Slam in So Cal, the Nor Cal folks won't come, and vice versa. Just a thought. Umm, anyway, this is the SCLC thread. We'll start a Cal Slam II thread when the time comes near, and then we'll decide on the details.
Old Feb 4, 2003, 01:31 AM
Evolved Member

i have a feeling that this one is going to be big!! since we have monday(17th) off(president/washington day)...heh its a 3 days weekened!!!
Old Feb 4, 2003, 11:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by pearlwhiteoz
i have a feeling that this one is going to be big!! since we have monday(17th) off(president/washington day)...heh its a 3 days weekened!!!
I don't think includes work.....
Old Feb 4, 2003, 12:11 PM

we better!

I really wanna have a huge turn out for the meet on the 15th! Richard and I are in the middle of trying to get new (better) shirts for everyone. I dunno if we'll have them by the meet, but we should... I've got a place that i think we're gonna get em done at... good pricing and good quality... ballistics unlimited... so, yeah, should be about $15 at the very most... but prolly more like $13... seriously, I want to see soooo many new faces... that doesn't mean that the old faces don't need to come! common guys, don't flake on us last minute, it always happens to us. Put the SCLC meet on your calendar, and don't schedule anything else for that day (maybe HIN at night, I'm prolly going, but you can still do both! swear!) anyway, I just want everyone to know that the SCLC will never get big unless people start to come, and we can advertise, more, and keep growing, we can't keep growing if people arn't consistent... we also need to be working on our cars on a semi consistent basis.... we want to represent... not be a bunch of right off the dealership floor, stock lancers... right now we can't have any standards, but eventually, we prolly will... so just keep all this in mind... we want to actually be something, not just some random group of 5-6 people that arn't consistent... sorry I'm ranting, it's just my 0.2cents...

-Kara
Old Feb 4, 2003, 12:19 PM
Evolved Member

Speaking of mods I am trying to get some CF hoods out here so if anyone is interested I have a thread going (not gonna post a bunch of info here) https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...threadid=13315

Thanks all and looking forward to meeting yall on the 15th
Old Feb 4, 2003, 12:30 PM

Sounds good. if you need my help. ill do my best. im fluent in photoshop and illustrator if you would like a logo or shirt layout. let me know.
Old Feb 4, 2003, 12:33 PM
Evolved Member

Are we thinking of getting so decals too? Maybe starting a website to like SoCalLancers.com or sumptin? Reason I mention I am a web programmer and anything needed I can handle.
Old Feb 4, 2003, 03:09 PM
Bomb Squad Unit #02

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's the spirit guys! Websites, decals, t-shirts. If anybody wants, Karlen and I made up some flyers and can email them out as a word doc to anybody who wants them. I'm dropping by the dealership in a couple of days, and was thinking of slipping a flyer into each of the 3 OZs sitting on their lot HIN is too far a drive for me, so I'm up for whatever else after the meet.
Old Feb 4, 2003, 03:36 PM
Evolved Member

go Kara go...

you just might have the makings of a president here...
Old Feb 4, 2003, 04:16 PM

Originally posted by Kontradictions
go Kara go...

you just might have the makings of a president here...
hahaha thanks babes, you're too cute.
anyway we have a tshirt design already, that we had on a t-shirt, every one in SCLC so far I think has one..l they look pretty nice, I like em, i just think we need better quality shirts and printing, that's all. it's just way crappy quality (no offense Richard) and I want us to look good, so better shirts, I thought were in order. I'd love to get some decals made for us... I don't want some humongus ugly flashy bluky thing, maybe just a skinny banner to go at the bottom of the rear window... I dunno, something simple like that to just bring us all together more.

-K
Old Feb 4, 2003, 04:20 PM
Evolving Member

hay guys,as to a CaLSLAM 2 i have allready started some plans.yes it would be nice to have it in soCal since most were from there but we don't want to discourage anyone form norCal because the drive.so thats why i am planning on finding a place between Santa Barbra and Monteray.and asto a canyon run up here in Cayucos...check these out , the're just down the street from my house(as is the beach...12 houses )now they arn't canyons but these back roads are too fun.
http://members.aol.com/slogdog/moto/ds_cayuc.html
http://www.pashnit.com/roads/cal/SantaRosaCreekRd.htm
yes the're sites for motorcycles but these roads are just as much fun in a car
Old Feb 4, 2003, 04:21 PM
Evolved Member

Im begining to think I should bring a Camera and mic down. Do some interviews. Edit it all together. Then post on RacingFlix.
Old Feb 4, 2003, 04:25 PM
Evolved Member

For decals I was thinking something small and tastefull maybe to go either on a window or side skirt if you want. Just need to decide on a few colors (since black would look good on every car but black and t grey hehe). Just my .02

Quick Reply: SCLC archives