Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

SCLC archives

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2003, 01:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
preferably an add for a civic or something... hahahaha
Old Feb 5, 2003, 01:28 AM
Bomb Squad Unit #02

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just putting my .02 in, but I have a few comments:
1) like the structure of every 3rd Sat. Like Kara said, I know way in advance to ask for that day off of work, without having to guess.
2) If you want to cut costs on decals (when we decide to make them) doing a neutral color (like white, black or silver) outlined by another neutral color would work on any car. For example, black with white outline will still show up on a black car and a white car.
3) I do think that some people misunderstood Richard. He just wants to make sure we get people who are enthusiastic about their cars, and most of those people want to do something to it, whether it be a stereo system, performance mods (like me ), show and shine mods, or a jack antenna ball We just don't want haters or people who just want to cause problems.
Old Feb 5, 2003, 01:43 AM

well put brian. my point was simply that not every one that loves a lancer wants to change it or can afored to. it should be about having fun togather not about what you did to your car. and you all seem to agree that you have fun and thats cool
Old Feb 5, 2003, 09:44 AM

still don't kinda agree w/ that... I mean, for right now I think thats fine that we have no qualifications, but if the SCLC grows, honestly, I'm not gonna be very proud to roll w/ a bunch of stock lancers w/ a whopping 120 hp, (not like mine is much more at the moment) or that doesn't look nice, or at least sound great.... I dunno, that's totally just me....
Old Feb 5, 2003, 11:10 AM

In response that not being able to work on saturdays it's pretty much a must in the retail industry especially if you were commissioned ... as much as i love my ride and am in support of the club... we all need funds...
Old Feb 5, 2003, 02:42 PM
Evolved Member

Heads up guys!
I'll be down there w/ a video camera + microphone. We'll do some interviews and other things. Make sure you, and your car, look your best, I want to get as much tape as possible.
Old Feb 5, 2003, 03:41 PM
Evolving Member

i will for shizo be there, but like i said, the passenger side of my car is having kind of a bad hair day if you will. and to take off hard water spots, if you havent done so already, use windex and razor blades. i plan on being to the meets whenever possible but the marine corps dosnt always feel like letting me go, so thats how that goes...
Old Feb 5, 2003, 04:33 PM

i too will try my best to be there, sometimes weekends dont usually work out for me, specially on saturdays concidering my weekend job has work for me on saturdays. and like i said its just my weekend job which is in huntington beach and i live in los angeles.. its way easy word for bomb *** pay, i try to go when ever there is work for me.. i know for this weekend coming up i dont have work.. so hopefully nothing else falls for next weekend im looking forward to meeting all those people i havent met before..

Last edited by forty; Feb 5, 2003 at 09:09 PM.
Old Feb 5, 2003, 06:31 PM

Originally posted by suyfergirl
still don't kinda agree w/ that... I mean, for right now I think thats fine that we have no qualifications, but if the SCLC grows, honestly, I'm not gonna be very proud to roll w/ a bunch of stock lancers w/ a whopping 120 hp, (not like mine is much more at the moment) or that doesn't look nice, or at least sound great.... I dunno, that's totally just me....
so what you are saying is that you only like a car if it makes you look good. who cars about the pepole that cant afored mods. personaly i love mods ask karlin and brian but i would never exscude some one from my crew just because they have a csr i may not like. and this is the last thing i will post on the subject since this is a thread about your meets not for me to ***** about your polices curent or in the making.
Old Feb 5, 2003, 08:12 PM

dude chill, you've never even been to a meet... who let you come in and decide how we run things??? lets just drop it, we don't need to worry about it yet. you're getting ahead of your self, and quite frankly, pissing me off.

-Kara
Old Feb 5, 2003, 08:18 PM
Evolving Member

huh?!? I thought we cleared everything up already?**sigh** 1DVSOZ, do you plan to leave your car stock forever? Don't you have the desire to make it something better? to buy a shift knob? new pedals? your head unit? anythiny to enhance the ride, the experience. do you actually plan to leave your car stock during its entire ownership? Why join SCLC then? Keep in mind clubs aren,t for everyone, different strokes for differnt folks. that's why its called a club. Heres the reason why I started SCLC.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...3&pagenumber=1
Old Feb 5, 2003, 10:00 PM
Bomb Squad Unit #02

1DVSOZ already has some mods on his car (and some nice ones, might I add ), so can we all agree that we're all here to improve our Lancers in some way? And Richard and Kara, your rules are pretty clear to me, and rest assured that 99.99% of all the lancers on this website and the SCLC have or want to have some kind of mods.
Old Feb 5, 2003, 10:21 PM
Evolving Member

Kara, you need to chill to, 1DVSOz was not trying to run things, just stating his opinion and he already said that he wasnt gonna post anymore gee.
Old Feb 5, 2003, 11:08 PM

thanks for the back up Richard. That's exactally what I was trying to say. excellent point showing the first post... made me all warm inside! aww, our first thread about sclc! the intentions for the club are stated right there. anyway, I was just getting a little pissy cause it seemed like he was telling us how we should run things. anyway, no worries, we're all mature people adults here right?

-K
Old Feb 5, 2003, 11:31 PM
Bomb Squad Unit #02

Originally posted by suyfergirl
we're all mature people adults here right?
Speak for yourselves haha j/k

on a more serious note, please don't get the wrong idea of 1DVSOZ guys. He and his wife are really sweet people, and I hope you all get to meet him (as well as others from Nor Cal) some day. Thanks for your understanding evrybody

Last edited by urbanknight; Feb 5, 2003 at 11:40 PM.

Quick Reply: SCLC archives