Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

SCLC archives

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2003, 06:06 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kara, chatting with you last night made me realize that your concepts of how the club should be is pretty off base. I listened to your ideas and gave you my feedback in which you did not like that resulted in your immature attitude to insult and ridicule the way I run the club. That was not appreciated and I will state for the record that you are on thin ice. Though I am the acting Prez. and founder of SCLC I don't like to use that as a Rank. I don't refer to SCLC as my club but rather "our" club and take everyones advice and ideas into careful consideration. And though I play a passive role in SCLC I still would like all plans that involves the club to be passed through me for approval. Up until recently Suyfergirl have taken the initiative to play an active role in this meet by recruiting new members which is commendable but to certain extent. You have overstepped your boundries as member when you decided to criticise our sponsor and make decisions without consulting me. That was a big no no. All members should know that Suyfergirl is not the one who makes and finalizes decisions around here. The chain of command goes like this Pres. Plastikpyro, Vice pres. Link286XT. all questions and comments should be directed accordingly. Kara, if you think that SCLC is only about getting free car parts and getting media exposure then you are sadly mistaken. Ask your friend Kontradiction and he will tell you otherwise. SCLC is something that I do in my free time away from work and school. I do it at my own pace, on my own free will and on my own accord. I don't charge members club dues, all expenses is out of pocket amd I ask for nothing in return. Why to I do it? Because I enjoy what I do. It's a hobby that I've taken to the next level. Laying down the foundation of what will eventually be a great club takes time and shouldn't be rushed. If not then all we'll have is bunch of people loitering in a parking lot with the same cars and no direction. Kara, for you to sit their and tell me how to run business makes me question your presence in this club. You say that you were the one who originally started SCLC? Or I took this from you? Are you serious? Do you actually believe that? If I remember correctly, you had a gathering a year ago at an Ikea parking lot which ended at Road Race, that was it. That was something you did on your own. That had nothing to do with me or SCLC. We haven't even met yet. That gathering and SCLC's first meet have no corellation with eachother. Being disappointed with the way that was handled I decided to create SCLC. At this juncture i can see only two resolution to this problem, you can either continue with us and change your attitude or you can move on. I refuse to let drama and negativity ruin the atmosphere for everyone else. There is no room for that in a car club. Infact, I shouldn't even need to be typing this but my hand was forced.
Urbanknight, I concur with everthing you said in the PM. But when someone tries to undermind the decision making process and take it upon themselves to do what they feel is right then that is where we have a problem. I hope this little stint doesn't scare off any potential members but everything had to be said before things get out of hand.

Last edited by plastikpyro; Feb 14, 2003 at 06:10 PM.
Old Feb 14, 2003, 06:24 PM
Evolved Member

plastikpyro, alot of the stuff mentioned above should be taken care of via private messages.
Old Feb 14, 2003, 06:30 PM

Originally posted by plastikpyro
Kara, if you think that SCLC is only about getting free car parts and getting media exposure then you are sadly mistaken.
I never said that was all I thought SCLC was. I don't care if we have any sponsors or anything at all! I just want a group of lancers w/ the common goal of tuning, get together, and hang out. All the other stuff is just extra.

I'm on thin ice??? what does that mean? you gonna kick me out? heh, because I gave you my opinion, and you can't take constructive critisism? I never meant to blatently insult you. that's just not who I am. The people who know me on this forum, know that I'm one of the nicest people ever, and that I don't get mad, and that I can't be mean... meaness just doesn't work for me. I love what you do man, and you know I try to help out in any way. I just thought it was getting a little to Stalin-istic for my taste. I don't want to be somewhere that I'm not wanted, so if you don't want me there, just say the word.

-Kara
Old Feb 14, 2003, 06:51 PM
Evolved Member

Score's completely right. This is personal, not public. Take your club issues off forum.
Old Feb 14, 2003, 06:59 PM
Evolved Member

Hmm, this looks like its going to be the biggest meet to date, I may not be part of the club, or even own a Lancer, but I do know we shouldnt ruin it because of a conflict of interest. Now I havent heard from both sides of the story but I do know that something like this can make or break a club in these precious infantile stages.

Lets agree to disagree and think it over during the weekend. We shouldnt let this interfeir with the event on saturday. Saturday is going to be all about fun. Lets not do anything rash beforehand.
Old Feb 14, 2003, 07:02 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
*sniffle* This is the saddest soap I have ever seen... I cant wait for next week's episode. Please Richard, for the love of God... DONT GIVE KARA THE BOOT!!!

Sure Kara might have been trying to recruit more members and set up meetings... etc... But thats only because she wants to see the club grow. She wants the best for the club, not to see u de-throned. Im not even a member, I hardly even know Kara, but she can't be mean even if I tease her till she turns red. Please Richard, keep Kara... thats all I ask bro.

To be continued...
Old Feb 14, 2003, 07:06 PM
Evolved Member

Lets take this thru PMs now and keep this thread on topic with tomorrows and future events.
Old Feb 14, 2003, 07:10 PM
Evolving Member

cant we all just get along...we are like family
Old Feb 14, 2003, 07:45 PM
Evolving Member

For the most part, everything said in the previous post was relevant to SCLC matters. Segments involving specific parties could have been omitted but I felt it was necessary to make a point. After receiving multiple pm's from members regarding who and who not to talk to regarding certain issues I feel that the previous reply will clear alot of things up. I agree that personal matters like this should be handled elsewhere but hey I needed to clear the air of all misconceptions. No Kara is not being kicked out of SCLC as there is always room for chances. Kara, there is a big difference between constructive criticism and blatant insults which is why we have this mess. I hardly think adjectives like tyrant, Stalin-istic, and "ruling with an iron fist" is constructive. There is no anger here, just confusion as to why you would even think that? Never in the year that SCLC has been around have I done anything to prove those statement true. We are far from infantile as we are a year stong already, I didn't spend a year of my life building this club only to have it go down the crapper. This thread if a magnet for OT and there are plenty of replys that should've been through PM so this 1 on my part is insignificant. And yes tomorrow will be an awesome meet. Tomorrow at 2pm or come at 1:30 to help out.

added
hmmm. Pjal, where were you before when this thread fell off track? Strange to see you in this neck of the woods.

Last edited by plastikpyro; Feb 14, 2003 at 07:49 PM.
Old Feb 14, 2003, 08:14 PM
Evolving Member

Rust seems to have made a permanent residence on my barbque and I don't think it safe to cook on or let alone eat off it anymore. Unless we don't mind an extra helping of Tetnus. Can someone bring a barbque grille? just a friendly reminder, no alcoholic beverages please. If anyone gets lost tomorrow you can contact me at 714-342-2699.
Old Feb 14, 2003, 08:27 PM
Evolving Member

damn , i feel guilty. I shouldnt have brought the issue up but i was just trying to help. PLatik and i have discussed it and ill expound more at the meeting. As far as everything else i really dont think anyone should be ridiculed in forums public eye. To both Kara and PLastik i appologize, lets get over this and just plan on having a good day at the park. Thanks and see you all there.
Old Feb 14, 2003, 08:29 PM
Evolving Member

oops spelled plastik's name wrong the first time heh.
Old Feb 14, 2003, 08:51 PM
Evolving Member

no apologies needed man, everything will be alright.
Old Feb 14, 2003, 09:41 PM
Evolved Member

so should i still bring the carne asada? i can bring sodas -=o]

i dont have a bbq grill though -=o\
Old Feb 14, 2003, 10:10 PM
Evolved Member

Carne asade is grub man! Bring as much as you can! Anyone gotta a BBQ?

Quick Reply: SCLC archives