Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

its gonna be expired tags for me yay

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2009, 07:06 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up its gonna be expired tags for me yay

so i bought my evo out of state and drove it into cali had a 60day permit (now expired) and tryed to get it registerd. i thought it would be $500 max for my 03' ha i F-ing wish i spent all day there, got my AZ licence chaged to cali took the drive test got the car inspeted then its time for the fees. "hmmm lets see that will be $1850 BTW we dont take credit you want to pay cash or debit" WTF!!!!! sorry DMV you can Suck my D I would rater drive back to AZ just to get my car reg there prob only cost $150 there, thats what im gonna do im moveing back to AZ any way in about 5mon.
I can see paying $1850 for reg if i had an F-ing lambo but a damn 03' mitsu WTF!!! they need a damn cap on that ish damn california fees
Old Oct 6, 2009, 07:12 PM
Evolving Member

are u serious? WTF?! im thinkin of moving to cali from ohio in a few months.. and this may deter me from doing so. can any cali ppl clarify this?
Old Oct 6, 2009, 07:12 PM
Evolving Member

hahahahahaha i laughed reading all that.

i feel you though, i have to pay over 1k in fees as soon as i try registering mine.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 07:16 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jluckyp
are u serious? WTF?! im thinkin of moving to cali from ohio in a few months.. and this may deter me from doing so. can any cali ppl clarify this?
they just raised reg fees to help pay calis debt i talked to some ppl here with evos and they pay $320-$450 this year for new tags but i guess to have the car reg and get the title from a different state and some other bs they are asking for $1850 I could buy a damn Civic for that lol
Old Oct 6, 2009, 07:25 PM
Evolving Member

Ya Cali needs money and their diggin in it's residents pockets, man I hate Cali more and more...
Old Oct 6, 2009, 07:53 PM

That probably includes tax since you didn't pay tax in AZ when you bought it and are now trying to register in CA. I had to do that when I moved from Mass to CA. I bought my car within the 6 month I moved and in MA tax was 5% so I had to pay the difference of the 7.75% CA tax.

If you did pay tax in AZ then you will just have to pay the difference. Registration fees did go up but the high amount you are stating is also the tax.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 08:22 PM
Evolved Member

I paid $240 for my 03's registration. I don't know where you came up with the $320-$450 figure. As for the $1850, I would have to agree with Spinitch. You're probably paying the difference in state tax for the registration. I tried to look into buying a vehicle in Oregon since they have no state taxes, but found out that when/if i registered and transfered everything over to CA I would've had to pay the difference in taxes, and so didn't go through with it. Did you also have to smog your car, since 03's are being smogged now?

And on another note, I would just keep the car registered in AZ. Why do you want to change the state registration, and to the toughest smog state at that. I'm currently registered in CA because that's my home state, though I've been living in WA for the past 2 years because of the military. Trust me CA state refs and police aren't something you want to mess with. Yes my registration was $240, but that's not including the $### I paid for someone to pass me on the smog.

Last edited by ernald711; Oct 6, 2009 at 08:27 PM.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 09:54 PM
Evolved Member

wow and i complained about $55 in registration fee's here in Oregon .. I will never complain about my tag fees again.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 10:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
...and I was pissed off because I have to spend $280 for both my cars today.... well I'm in a better mood now. Thanks man!
Old Oct 6, 2009, 10:28 PM
Evolving Member

yea, i may have to leave the Evo here in Ohio and buy a non honda better in CA. yes non honda, honda's, especially civics, are always getting broken into or stolen in Cali. so better yet i'll get a motorcyle instead. it only rains like 2 weeks out of the year anyways.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 10:39 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ernald711
I paid $240 for my 03's registration. I don't know where you came up with the $320-$450 figure. As for the $1850, I would have to agree with Spinitch. You're probably paying the difference in state tax for the registration. I tried to look into buying a vehicle in Oregon since they have no state taxes, but found out that when/if i registered and transfered everything over to CA I would've had to pay the difference in taxes, and so didn't go through with it. Did you also have to smog your car, since 03's are being smogged now?

And on another note, I would just keep the car registered in AZ. Why do you want to change the state registration, and to the toughest smog state at that. I'm currently registered in CA because that's my home state, though I've been living in WA for the past 2 years because of the military. Trust me CA state refs and police aren't something you want to mess with. Yes my registration was $240, but that's not including the $### I paid for someone to pass me on the smog.
they just raised the price you prob payed before they passed it i got the $320-450 number from socal evo about 10 ppl with 03-05 evos that just resently got tags. your tags will cost more next time you get them and i guess it might be the taxes for the 1850 sounds like too much i should have told them i payed 1500 for the car lol

Last edited by adammartini; Oct 6, 2009 at 10:42 PM.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 10:42 PM
Evolving Member

my CA registration on my '05 was about $200 last year and for this year it went up to almost $300.

I also bought my car out of state and had it shipped in. tax, title, and registration ran me just over $2000 almost 2 years ago. gotta love a broken economy.