Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

***Official NV Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2010, 03:06 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GotWheelHop
Paul, with the craziest quote I have seen in a long *** time. Lol.

Twins shift quicker because they have less rotating mass. Triples can hold considerably more torque though.

Jim, your car will continue to throw a code for catalyst efficiency until you(or us) do some sort of rear o2 simulator to shut it off. As for the p03xx misfire you probably threw due to ignition issues, that is common on 8's. The fuel system too lean is likely a scaling or trim issue.
Ahh.. at the meet we should all buy spacers and fix our o2 issues. So ignition, even with sparktech I'll be throwing that code? It's non COP but I've had no big ignition issues (breakup etc) since I swapped it out.. and I guess the last piece.. Brandon can fix?

Last edited by DJJimGreen; May 10, 2010 at 03:09 PM.
Old May 10, 2010, 03:42 PM
Evolved Member

Paul, with the craziest quote I have seen in a long *** time. Lol.

Twins shift quicker because they have less rotating mass. Triples can hold considerably more torque though.

Jim, your car will continue to throw a code for catalyst efficiency until you(or us) do some sort of rear o2 simulator to shut it off. As for the p03xx misfire you probably threw due to ignition issues, that is common on 8's. The fuel system too lean is likely a scaling or trim issue.

Originally Posted by DJJimGreen
Ahh.. at the meet we should all buy spacers and fix our o2 issues. So ignition, even with sparktech I'll be throwing that code? It's non COP but I've had no big ignition issues (breakup etc) since I swapped it out.. and I guess the last piece.. Brandon can fix?
COP is FTW!!! I loved mine
Old May 10, 2010, 03:46 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 1slowevo

COP is FTW!!! I loved mine
I didn't find myself needing the COP.. yet.
Old May 10, 2010, 03:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bchappy
If your car is tuned via Doug your injector scaling is off most likely...
I am having extreme issues with a buddies car tuned by Doug his Trims where maxed out and scaling was waaaayyyyy off... car ran okay and makes power in open loop however driveability sucked.
The fueling map compensated for this and the trims where maxed adding fuel.
You guys have to understand if you have injectors in the car without a tried and true scaling number and appropriate latencies that this will happen. To build correct scaling to your car takes hours of trial and error. Which is what is going on with my buddies car. He was amazed at the few adjustments I did and how much better it drove.

And also you asking about the front O2 sounds like that is what doug told you it was... which is also what he told my friend to replace..... well he did and it didnt change a thing.

Also what intake are you running? what is your overall setup?
i just got off the phone with said buddy haha

rear o2 sim FTW...eff those anti-fouler spacer things...although, i have one in my garage if you need it haha
Old May 10, 2010, 03:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I didn't find myself needing the COP.. yet.
COP is Coil On Plug...which you do have. You are thinking of CDI, which is a type of ignition. You have a non-CDI coil on plug setup.

As for the o2 sensor issue, I don't even have a rear o2 in my car, and I throw no codes. Tephra ROMs for the win.
Old May 10, 2010, 04:00 PM
Evolving Member

COP is Coil On Plug...which you do have. You are thinking of CDI, which is a type of ignition. You have a non-CDI coil on plug setup.

As for the o2 sensor issue, I don't even have a rear o2 in my car, and I throw no codes. Tephra ROMs for the win.
Ahh yes.. Sorry.. all the random letters, I got confused. I do have COP, just not cdi.
Old May 10, 2010, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Szabo Jr
What about triple? Lol
im pretty much stock and dont hit the track so twin and triple are out of the question. im goin with act street kit with act flywheel, the slipping isnt bad YET im gonna im going to milk it out as long as i can. moving in to a house so the priority isnt the clutch. Thinking after the summer i drive under 10mi to the base and back
Old May 10, 2010, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by bchappy
If your car is tuned via Doug your injector scaling is off most likely...
I am having extreme issues with a buddies car tuned by Doug his Trims where maxed out and scaling was waaaayyyyy off... car ran okay and makes power in open loop however driveability sucked.
The fueling map compensated for this and the trims where maxed adding fuel.
You guys have to understand if you have injectors in the car without a tried and true scaling number and appropriate latencies that this will happen. To build correct scaling to your car takes hours of trial and error. Which is what is going on with my buddies car. He was amazed at the few adjustments I did and how much better it drove.

And also you asking about the front O2 sounds like that is what doug told you it was... which is also what he told my friend to replace..... well he did and it didnt change a thing.

Also what intake are you running? what is your overall setup?
I'm lost with most of the stuff you're saying about injector scaling and such. I personally like the guy, he did a good job on my car I cant bad mouth him. I'm gonna fix the o2 sensor anyways because I was throwing the code and its probably about that time. If it doesnt fix it, think you can help a brotha out? I'll even pay you for your services =] thanks. Ponce

overall setup -

e-85
cosworth 272
single 255 walbro
precision 1000cc injectors
sparktech cop non cdi
fidanza cam gears
BR ported 65 mm throttle body
vwr tubular manifold
precision gt3582 v-band downpipe
full 3 inch custom exhaust
BR 4" race core fmic
tial 44mm wastegate
tial 50mm Q bov
forge unos mbc

Last edited by wtmodnar; May 11, 2010 at 10:32 AM.
Old May 10, 2010, 10:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by wtmodnar
I'm lost with most of the stuff you're saying about injector scaling and such. I personally like the guy, he did a good job on my car I cant bad mouth him. I'm gonna fix the o2 sensor anyways because I was throwing the code and its probably about that time. If it doesnt fix it, think you can help a brotha out? I'll even pay you for your services =] thanks. Ponce
Yea.. Doug is a good guy.. the problem is when he's in a bad mood and talks crap.
Old May 11, 2010, 12:01 AM

here is the graph. Its pretty smooth.

graph

numbers

Old May 11, 2010, 12:03 AM
Evolving Member

VERY NICE dood!
Old May 11, 2010, 10:29 AM
Evolved Member

nice power man, full boost at 4600 should be fun.
I think that should be good for a low 11et at 125mph or so
just need to get that 60ft down a little more based on that IX turbo et/mph
Old May 11, 2010, 11:11 AM

paul, sup with that o2? =] lol
Old May 11, 2010, 01:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wtmodnar
paul, sup with that o2? =] lol
I just have to go to my storage unit and dig it out. going there tonight to put a box in there anyways
Old May 11, 2010, 02:01 PM

alright cool thanks a lot!

Quick Reply: ***Official NV Chat Thread***