Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

***Official NV Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2010, 12:13 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if you want some inspiration talk to alan szabo, he has two evos in the 9 second range on stock ecus with full interiors.. and i mean the actual interiors not just panels looking like interior.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpUrhxq7BOc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9YDf9fJgnU

those are his two cars at the track

Last edited by Gexxer; May 30, 2010 at 12:17 PM.
Old May 30, 2010, 12:14 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by akuma83
yea i know Mikey he tuned my car already. dude is an amazing tuner. well the previous owner put a evo9 ecu in my evo8 could that be a problem. cuz im throwing a p300 code like crazy i had my car in the shop numerous times and they can not figure out whats wrong. Mickey suggested the V-pro
1st. rexspeed was where i was trying to go with my suggestion. but the urethane lips are more along my price range. 2.nd that evo 9 ecu thing have you confirmed that. it would take one dumb **** to do that to their car.3rd. alot of people get that, code. but what kind of mods do you currently have. i used to get that alot after tunning on e85 but not so much recently. i do not have a cop ignition, but i did lower the spark plug gap to .021 i helps
Old May 30, 2010, 12:19 PM
Evolving Member

also i got a rexpeed vortex generator and im having trouble with that too. maybe its just my retarted ***.lol
Definitely retarded, since I was able to install the VG a week ago with no problems.. and I'm effing DUMB.
Old May 30, 2010, 12:19 PM
Evolved Member

yea i know Mikey he tuned my car already. dude is an amazing tuner. well the previous owner put a evo9 ecu in my evo8 could that be a problem. cuz im throwing a p300 code like crazy i had my car in the shop numerous times and they can not figure out whats wrong. Mickey suggested the V-pro
No offense but I think you are being pushed into a product since that's all that mikey really knows for evos. I personally have seen well over 600whp on stock ecu and there are quite a bit more out there with alot more power... I understand it on a supra since the stock ecu sucks. Sorry to vent but I really think you are wasting alot of money.
But what do I know, just another Evo owner who has seen hundreds of thousands of dollars spent on evos just between my friends and my own cars...
Old May 30, 2010, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by LVmevo
1st. rexspeed was where i was trying to go with my suggestion. but the urethane lips are more along my price range. 2.nd that evo 9 ecu thing have you confirmed that. it would take one dumb **** to do that to their car.3rd. alot of people get that, code. but what kind of mods do you currently have. i used to get that alot after tunning on e85 but not so much recently. i do not have a cop ignition, but i did lower the spark plug gap to .021 i helps
yea the ecu thing is confirmed..i had no idea that was done. i have these mods

injen ic
injent ic pipes
gsc stage 2 cams
tanabe downpipe
hks exhaust
blitz boostcontroller
hks ssqv bov

i already had my spark plugs regaped. not sure to what spec but the code is still going on.
Old May 30, 2010, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by DJJimGreen
Definitely retarded, since I was able to install the VG a week ago with no problems.. and I'm effing DUMB.
i guess it is me.lol i can get one side in perfect but if im affraid if i keep bending it to fit the other side it will break
Old May 30, 2010, 12:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Gexxer
if you want some inspiration talk to alan szabo, he has two evos in the 9 second range on stock ecus with full interiors.. and i mean the actual interiors not just panels looking like interior.

those are his two cars at the track
Alan runs an AEM ECU, Joe. Both cars were on AEM when they ran 9's.
Old May 30, 2010, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by 1slowevo
No offense but I think you are being pushed into a product since that's all that mikey really knows for evos. I personally have seen well over 600whp on stock ecu and there are quite a bit more out there with alot more power... I understand it on a supra since the stock ecu sucks. Sorry to vent but I really think you are wasting alot of money.
But what do I know, just another Evo owner who has seen hundreds of thousands of dollars spent on evos just between my friends and my own cars...
its all good homie. im all about saving money where i can. so where do you get ur car tuned?? i could use all the help i can get. i need this problem fixed asap.
Old May 30, 2010, 12:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Another thing, you can't put a 9 ECU into an 8. The wiring harness is completely different, and the ECU is pinned out differently as well if memory serves.
Old May 30, 2010, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by GotWheelHop
Alan runs an AEM ECU, Joe. Both cars were on AEM when they ran 9's.
i looked into getting the AEM ECU. but heard bad things about it. which is crazy cuz i have always had a good experience with AEM
Old May 30, 2010, 12:37 PM

damn it sounds like people are trying to take all my money. thanks for all the helpful input. i get my car tuned at cnc racing anybody have any other suggestions
Old May 30, 2010, 12:39 PM
Evolving Member

yea the ecu thing is confirmed..i had no idea that was done. i have these mods

injen ic
injent ic pipes
gsc stage 2 cams
tanabe downpipe
hks exhaust
blitz boostcontroller
hks ssqv bov

i already had my spark plugs regaped. not sure to what spec but the code is still going on.
okay some of the parts on the list are kinda scetchy. not sure who is sugesting these parts to you or what shop your going to, but there are plenty references on evoM to find a proven parts combo to get to your desired goal. you should pull the plugs again yourself and check that gap. if you dont have tools im sure someone near by can give you a hand. BTW what kind of power did you make. im guessing you tuned at cnc cuz thats where mike likes to go . on those dyno packs rite
Old May 30, 2010, 12:40 PM
Evolved Member

i looked into getting the AEM ECU. but heard bad things about it. which is crazy cuz i have always had a good experience with AEM
Eddie is correct. Alan is running AEM ver.1
but he could run the stock ecu if there were a few small changes.
The AEM isn't bad, but the hks seems to run and drive better. Sucks tho you can manipulate anything in it tho when at the track since you need the hks software license.
What is your mods? And why is there a 9 ecu in your car? I'd buy a 8 ecu on the forums and try that route first.
Old May 30, 2010, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by LVmevo
okay some of the parts on the list are kinda scetchy. not sure who is sugesting these parts to you or what shop your going to, but there are plenty references on evoM to find a proven parts combo to get to your desired goal. you should pull the plugs again yourself and check that gap. if you dont have tools im sure someone near by can give you a hand. BTW what kind of power did you make. im guessing you tuned at cnc cuz thats where mike likes to go . on those dyno packs rite
i made 350whp. and yea i go to cnc. i chose the parts combo it good up to 500hp. that all the power i need.
Old May 30, 2010, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by 1slowevo
Eddie is correct. Alan is running AEM ver.1
but he could run the stock ecu if there were a few small changes.
The AEM isn't bad, but the hks seems to run and drive better. Sucks tho you can manipulate anything in it tho when at the track since you need the hks software license.
What is your mods? And why is there a 9 ecu in your car? I'd buy a 8 ecu on the forums and try that route first.
yea the AEM is user friendly. im still leaning toward getting one just because it does the same as HKS for the most part. is Alan having any problems with his. not sure why there is a evo9 ecu in my evo8. when the code kept going on kurt at cnc told me when he pluged into the map evo9 ecu popped up

Quick Reply: ***Official NV Chat Thread***