Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

***Official NV Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2010, 04:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE=DJJimGreen;8076949]The next meet I want to plan is going to be when it's a bit WARMER out at the lake... that'd be a fun ride.

Plan out a afternoon to night Lake trip would be awesome we could cook and have a bonfire. The srive out to calville bay is nice.
Old Mar 9, 2010, 04:38 PM
Evolving Member

[QUOTE=Wildchild;8077211]
Originally Posted by DJJimGreen
The next meet I want to plan is going to be when it's a bit WARMER out at the lake... that'd be a fun ride.

Plan out a afternoon to night Lake trip would be awesome we could cook and have a bonfire. The srive out to calville bay is nice.
You could always organize it...

*edit*

Ugh I just delegated like I was at work.. It's taken over my LIFE.
Old Mar 9, 2010, 05:52 PM

Michele is.
Originally Posted by McLaren F1 2003
im pretty sure she wants a X though

nope, i want a 9 :] or 8. buttttt when i get one, the price will be unspeakable. (yay auction + dealer license)
Old Mar 9, 2010, 06:20 PM
Evolving Member

If anyone in town is looking to purchase a popular suspension set up.. check this out! I'd love to sell locally..

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sa...t-springs.html
Old Mar 9, 2010, 07:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey jim,
1)why'd you switch to coils?
2)which coils did you get? (Hope you didn't cheap out on em, seeing as the mr/swift can out perform a set of el cheapos)
Old Mar 9, 2010, 07:26 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MSPM1chele
nope, i want a 9 :] or 8. buttttt when i get one, the price will be unspeakable. (yay auction + dealer license)
Sorry to tell you that the prices in the auctions for 9's are pretty damn close to what you can get one on here for. And you don't get the luxury of test driving/going through it, etc, which is a must for these. I was gonna do the same thing when I bought mine, I had very qualified friends look into it and they watched the prices for a bit.
Old Mar 9, 2010, 07:30 PM
Evolving Member

Hey jim,
1)why'd you switch to coils?
2)which coils did you get? (Hope you didn't cheap out on em, seeing as the mr/swift can out perform a set of el cheapos)
I got tein mono flex's with edfc... I can't wait.. stiff ride but wtf, I had an s2k and that thing was like dragging your *** on the ground..

I'm switching because I was having a camber issue and instead of buying a camber kit, I just upgraded to something better. Want these?
Old Mar 9, 2010, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by tenaciousd199
Sorry to tell you that the prices in the auctions for 9's are pretty damn close to what you can get one on here for. And you don't get the luxury of test driving/going through it, etc, which is a must for these. I was gonna do the same thing when I bought mine, I had very qualified friends look into it and they watched the prices for a bit.

not true... the 9 that i had only ran me 15k with slight surface body damage.
and when i bought my 8 from manheim i got it for 11.8k out of the lot. so what michele said is right, if you're a dealer or know a dealer you can get evos for dirt cheap from auctions (i like manheim :])
and yes, you do get the opportunity to test drive them around the lot.

Last edited by tamimichix; Mar 9, 2010 at 07:50 PM. Reason: baaaaaaah
Old Mar 9, 2010, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by tamimichix
not true... the 9 that i had only ran me 15k with slight surface body damage.
and when i bought my 8 from manheim i got it for 11.8k out of the lot. so what michele said is right, if you're a dealer or know a dealer you can get evos for dirt cheap from auctions (i like manheim :])
and yes, you do get the opportunity to test drive them around the lot.
....yep.

you just have to be smart about it. and knowing people helps too :] we've been buying auction cars for almost 9 years now.
Old Mar 9, 2010, 08:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got tein mono flex's with edfc... I can't wait.. stiff ride but wtf, I had an s2k and that thing was like dragging your *** on the ground..

I'm switching because I was having a camber issue and instead of buying a camber kit, I just upgraded to something better. Want these?
gotcha, just make sure to get them corner balanced

and no i dont want your setup

i already have mr bilsteins and swift spec-r's sitting in my garage
Old Mar 9, 2010, 09:43 PM
Evolving Member

gotcha, just make sure to get them corner balanced

and no i dont want your setup

i already have mr bilsteins and swift spec-r's sitting in my garage

well i dont remeber having any camber issue with those springs, they just looked great and drove way better than the tein s-techs i used to have. Also i got a set of JIC coilovers but never took the time to get them corner balanced. ran out of funds. i would definately like to sit passenger in someones car that has had their coils cornerbalanced to see the difference.
Old Mar 9, 2010, 09:55 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by LVmevo
well i dont remeber having any camber issue with those springs, they just looked great and drove way better than the tein s-techs i used to have. Also i got a set of JIC coilovers but never took the time to get them corner balanced. ran out of funds. i would definately like to sit passenger in someones car that has had their coils cornerbalanced to see the difference.
Yea.. and of the coils I've had I never corner balanced.. doh..

As for my camber issue, mind you, Sears was the one doing my alignment. Maybe someone else could get it closer than -2.. but whatever. I wanted coils now.
Old Mar 9, 2010, 11:58 PM
Evolved Member

^ dont worry bout corner balancing buddy, as long as the heights are even on both sides you are within 55% cross weight with a street weight evo. Besides you really cant tell the difference under 55%. It only matters when your trying to squeez out time at the track or ax.
Let me know if you need help setting them up I will be more then happy to give ya a hand.
Old Mar 10, 2010, 12:19 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bchappy
^ dont worry bout corner balancing buddy, as long as the heights are even on both sides you are within 55% cross weight with a street weight evo. Besides you really cant tell the difference under 55%. It only matters when your trying to squeez out time at the track or ax.
Let me know if you need help setting them up I will be more then happy to give ya a hand.
Ahh yea dude I'd definitely appreciate the extra hands.. I'll have them installed here within the next few weeks thanks to my buddy Brian.. but setting them up is all news to me.. Ever mess with the edfc that Tein has?
Old Mar 10, 2010, 12:26 AM
Evolved Member

no, but I am sure its not a big deal.

Quick Reply: ***Official NV Chat Thread***