Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

***Official NV Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2010, 11:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LOL. Still woulda been nice to at least meet Ponce. Next time. Who is in for Thursday night?
Old May 31, 2010, 11:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just got back from doug tunning my car. it runs like a dream now. did not throw a code the whole way home. im taking the cnc racing stickers off in the morning. and big ups to paul and alan for sticking around educating me. im in for thursday night.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 12:16 AM

whats happening on thursday? I might swing by lol. I was gonna stop by the dyno too, but ended up staying. I felt bad if I left while his cousin was having car issues. lol. I met Alan, Paul, Daniel, Chris, and Carlos and a few others, but I feel bad for not remembering the names Sorry!!

Akuma i didnt catch your name, My name's Ponce. I didnt want to split it up, but I think i have a buyer for the turbo so I can part it off.

Last edited by wtmodnar; Jun 1, 2010 at 12:24 AM.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 12:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by akuma83
just got back from doug tunning my car. it runs like a dream now. did not throw a code the whole way home. im taking the cnc racing stickers off in the morning. and big ups to paul and alan for sticking around educating me. im in for thursday night.
Glad to help another Evo owner not get screwed by a shop selling s-afc's and saying you need stand alone. Unreal! Funny how off their maps were too.
9.7:1 afr at top of the rpm range.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 01:50 AM
Evolved Member

^haha
Old Jun 1, 2010, 02:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 1slowevo
Glad to help another Evo owner not get screwed by a shop selling s-afc's and saying you need stand alone. Unreal! Funny how off their maps were too.
9.7:1 afr at top of the rpm range.
Ridiculous that people can 'tune' cars for a living like that too, Paul.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 07:52 AM
Evolved Member

does anyone here or know anyone that has a white xiii/ix with a jdm rear bumper that works in the post office? no plates
Old Jun 1, 2010, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by wtmodnar
whats happening on thursday? I might swing by lol. I was gonna stop by the dyno too, but ended up staying. I felt bad if I left while his cousin was having car issues. lol. I met Alan, Paul, Daniel, Chris, and Carlos and a few others, but I feel bad for not remembering the names Sorry!!

Akuma i didnt catch your name, My name's Ponce. I didnt want to split it up, but I think i have a buyer for the turbo so I can part it off.
its all good my name is everett. just pm and let me know how much. if you dont want to spit it up i might buy the whole set up.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 09:52 AM
Evolved Member

One of Jim Marsh's service writers has horrible customer service skills!

Last edited by Tunerhead; Jun 1, 2010 at 09:55 AM.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Tunerhead
One of Jim Marsh's service writers has horrible customer service skills!
yea i know the ladies at the counter there treated me like crap. but the parts guy with the glasses is real cool.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 10:53 AM
Evolving Member

So who was the kid with the lack of volume control at the BBQ yesterday? Was he some newb or someone related to you guys?
Old Jun 1, 2010, 11:01 AM
Evolving Member

yeah, he said his name but i couldnt hear / understand him. i think he was from another country. idk?
Old Jun 1, 2010, 11:16 AM

I guess I must have missed him, since I came so late lol. Eric's burgers were good, and the hot dogs had a spicey kick to them.

+1 for another bbq soon.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 11:18 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by akuma83
yea i know the ladies at the counter there treated me like crap. but the parts guy with the glasses is real cool.
Yeah, I've bought parts from that guy before, he seemed cool. Although prices are pretty high... I was in a jam and needed some spark plugs, over $20 each!!! I think I found them online for $13 and just about cried LOL.

But anyway, I recently took my car in to courtesy, and Todd seemed pretty cool in the service dept. But I'm sure a lot of you guys live in the NW so courtesy is far away.

Also had a great time at the auto-x on sunday! Congrats to Brandon and Thomas, VERY fast times! And Robert too, good job man! - Was Ardie also driving your car? I didn't get to meet him, but saw him on the results list. I think they messed up on my fastest time (got a time slip with a 49.7xx I believe - but maybe that was a mistake) Didn't matter since I still got first in the B stock class.

Last edited by c_reber; Jun 1, 2010 at 11:21 AM.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by DJJimGreen
So who was the kid with the lack of volume control at the BBQ yesterday? Was he some newb or someone related to you guys?
uhhh yah that was my little brother. my parents' house is loud so he always play games that loud. plus it was eric that changed the volume when sam was playing mario bros. he just didn't change it back when they started playing modern warfare

and no fredo, he's not from another country, lol. he was born here, just like me. he's just not that social, his name's samir.

Last edited by tamimichix; Jun 1, 2010 at 11:59 AM.

Quick Reply: ***Official NV Chat Thread***