Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

***Official NV Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2010, 05:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tunerhead
Yeah I found one for $61, but still a little pricey.

Mitsubishiparts.net - Exhaust Manifold Heat Shield
thanks for the link, tunerhead...
and hey, if you do go to the courtesy in hendo, look for todd cubero...his customer service is better than the other guy named bryce.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by c_reber
Sol, you don't need no stinking headsheild. If you do need one (and have the part #) check online at mitsubishiparts.net Or maybe you can find one that someone is parting there car out or something. But 87 bux - hellz no...
yea...you're correct, i dont absolutely need one, i can live without it too ...just dont like finding missing *ish that the dealer should be able to hook me up w/ one replacement
Old Jun 1, 2010, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by LVmevo
what do you plan on buying?
just swappin to the xi turbo and 1000cc injectors. nothing too crazy. was going to get fp red but i dont really track my car so the xi turbo should be enough for now. oh and i might not make it to the meet on thursday, i gotta work. and i think i made 285whp on the dyno lastnight i gotta find the papers to be exact.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 05:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Also had a great time at the auto-x on sunday! Congrats to Brandon and Thomas, VERY fast times! And Robert too, good job man! - Was Ardie also driving your car? I didn't get to meet him, but saw him on the results list. I think they messed up on my fastest time (got a time slip with a 49.7xx I believe - but maybe that was a mistake) Didn't matter since I still got first in the B stock class.
yeah, ardie was driving my car. we didnt get his epic spin on video though (EXACTLY like your spin hahaha)

heres mine though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEdazCfpxTs

i have other videos on my page, all of which should be in 720p
Old Jun 1, 2010, 07:36 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by McLaren F1 2003
yeah, ardie was driving my car. we didnt get his epic spin on video though (EXACTLY like your spin hahaha)

heres mine though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEdazCfpxTs

i have other videos on my page, all of which should be in 720p
I really wish the epic spin was filmed.. was worried about ya for a minute! But yea, I do love the 720p... puts my go pro to shame.. =(
Old Jun 1, 2010, 07:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
thats awesome Robert lol, the funny thing is you probably would do better then me
Old Jun 1, 2010, 07:43 PM
Evolved Member

jim, you and me both man...after he spun, i asked him if he started the camera and he just said "expletive" haha

the hd pro goes up to 1080p also, i just didnt want to fill out my sd card haha

edit: carlos ninja'd me
Old Jun 1, 2010, 07:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by twabtoxer
thats awesome Robert lol, the funny thing is you probably would do better then me
only one way to find out haha

after i realized how tight that right hander was, i did a lot better and ended up being pretty consistent
Old Jun 1, 2010, 07:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
one day ill give it a shot !!
Old Jun 1, 2010, 09:11 PM

is anyone selling these parts here in town:

hks hi-power catback

greddy tic catback

tanabe concept g blue cat-back

greddy rs bov designed for an evo

intake system

i have a friend looking to buy for his stock IX w/ stock rear bumper....let me know...

thanks, harvey

Last edited by SinCityEvo9; Jun 1, 2010 at 09:17 PM.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 10:44 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by McLaren F1 2003
Nice vid Gotta love the GoPro HD - same here, but I did do one one in 1080p also. Uploaded a couple of mine. (what software are you using to edit? I'm using premiere, but I have to convert the vids to avi or wmv before I can load them into premiere and the quality goes way down it seems like)

I never did spin though I sure tried to on my last run But I found out my best time had a cone so I got a 2sec penalty - that's why I was so confused on my times.

Here are a couple of my videos: (Watch the first one on youtube site for full 1080p - second vid is 720p)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzTWCKzvSqQ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVDcWZHaAD4
Old Jun 1, 2010, 10:50 PM
Evolved Member

Nice vid Gotta love the GoPro HD - same here, but I did do one one in 1080p also. Uploaded a couple of mine. (what software are you using to edit? I'm using premiere, but I have to convert the vids to avi or wmv before I can load them into premiere and the quality goes way down it seems like)

I never did spin though I sure tried to on my last run But I found out my best time had a cone so I got a 2sec penalty - that's why I was so confused on my times.
i couldve sworn you got turned around right at the finish on your last run

and im not editing the vids yet. i have premiere on my computer, but i loaded it up, got instantly confused and closed it

i you know can edit in windows movie maker (if youre a windows user) but you have to convert it from a mp4 to something else

nice vids btw man
Old Jun 2, 2010, 12:09 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by akuma83
just swappin to the xi turbo and 1000cc injectors. nothing too crazy. was going to get fp red but i dont really track my car so the xi turbo should be enough for now. oh and i might not make it to the meet on thursday, i gotta work. and i think i made 285whp on the dyno lastnight i gotta find the papers to be exact.
E. , you should definately hit up carlos for his injectors, im sure he can give you a quick sale disconted price for getting them, or at least talk to him. seems like 1000cc is kind of an over kill for a XI turbo. unless your switching to E85. just figured its something to think about.

Originally Posted by SinCityEvo9
is anyone selling these parts here in town:

hks hi-power catback

greddy tic catback

tanabe concept g blue cat-back

greddy rs bov designed for an evo

intake system

i have a friend looking to buy for his stock IX w/ stock rear bumper....let me know...

thanks, harvey

i hate that bov harvey, im surprised he likes it.
Old Jun 2, 2010, 09:03 AM

Yo harvey its Josh, I have a Greddy Type S bov for sale if he's intrested.... lmk.
Old Jun 2, 2010, 09:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by LVmevo
E. , you should definately hit up carlos for his injectors, im sure he can give you a quick sale disconted price for getting them, or at least talk to him. seems like 1000cc is kind of an over kill for a XI turbo. unless your switching to E85. just figured its something to think about.

i hate that bov harvey, im surprised he likes it.
I think thats the plan...
E85 FTW!!

You should have seen his base map and SAFC tune from _________. Depressing that tuners are actually doing this to peoples cars and charging $$ for it

Quick Reply: ***Official NV Chat Thread***